Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lets hear from those that are near their goal weight.

well I am 2 pounds from recent goal weight. I weigh 142 lbs in the morning no fluids no food. I weigh 147lbs during the day with fluids and food. I want to weigh 140 during the day. so that would mean that I want to be 135lbs. so when I weigh myself during the day with fluids and food I will be 140. how is everybody else doing with reaching their goal weight. I want to hear what others are doing to reach their goal weight. Lets get some feedback.

I just kept doing what I had been doing the whole time....64 oz Water MINIMUM; whole food vitamins; eat when I'm hungry (5-6 meals/snacks) and just until satisfied, not full. Protein first, but include veggies, fruit and whole grains for a healthy balanced diet. I have a 30-40g Protein smoothie with 10g Fiber everyday. Other than that I don't track calories, carbs, fat, etc. I've had Desserts, bread, pancakes, rice, chips, alcohol, etc., but always in moderation.

Actually, once I was within 10 pounds of goal I started adding in more grains, more fruit and more fat to try and slow my loss. I continued to lose and am now 7 pounds under my personal goal. Of course my goal was not as ambitious as yours....I was happy to be just in the normal BMI range.

I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks, so I'm kind of hoping I'm done. It would be nice to finally be able to buy some new clothes, rather than wear whatever I can find at the thrift store.

Good luck with your final sprint to goal and maintenance!

well I am 2 pounds from recent goal weight. I weigh 142 lbs in the morning no fluids no food. I weigh 147lbs during the day with fluids

Congrats I too fluctuate 2/3lbs. I am little over 9 months out and I'm down 118 lbs total :)

Edited by sissy1980

I started out 235 before pre op and 227 before surgery. My goal was 135 and I hit that 9 months post. I currently weigh 126 and I'm slowing down, finally! I don't do anything particular, just eat Protein mainly and take my vitamins! I also work out 3-4 times a week, so I'm trying to tone. I'm sure I'll put on a few lbs from muscle! (Hopefully!)

well I am 2 pounds from recent goal weight. I weigh 142 lbs in the morning no fluids no food. I weigh 147lbs during the day with fluids and food. I want to weigh 140 during the day. so that would mean that I want to be 135lbs. so when I weigh myself during the day with fluids and food I will be 140. how is everybody else doing with reaching their goal weight. I want to hear what others are doing to reach their goal weight. Lets get some feedback.

I would REALLY like to know how everyone decided on their goal weight. Like I have changed my goal weight 3 times because I originally thought I would never be able to get down to what I really wanted to.

I am 5'1", female, 48 y/o, and started out at 218 lbs. After 5 days on the preop diet and losing 8 lbs. I have now changed my goal weight. I looked up a BMI chart and for my height it says I should weigh between 110 - 130 lbs. So I have decided my goal weight should be. ........125 lbs.

Do you think that is a good goal weight for me? How do most people determine what their goal weight should be?

I would REALLY like to know how everyone decided on their goal weight. Like I have changed my goal weight 3 times because I originally thought I would never be able to get down to what I really wanted to.

I am 5'1", female, 48 y/o, and started out at 218 lbs. After 5 days on the preop diet and losing 8 lbs. I have now changed my goal weight. I looked up a BMI chart and for my height it says I should weigh between 110 - 130 lbs. So I have decided my goal weight should be. ........125 lbs.

Do you think that is a good goal weight for me? How do most people determine what their goal weight should be?

Your goal weight should be discussed with your doctor. He/she should be able to help you figure it out. I set mini goals and most of them I set too low I guess bc I passed them lol but worked good to make small goals along the way.

post-222912-0-69545400-1410060832_thumb.png

[ATTACH]47845[/ATTACH]

Edited by sissy1980

I am 45 years old, 5'5" with a large, muscular frame. My doctor set my goal weight at 160 (not sure why). I set my personal goal at 150 because that's what I weighed in my 20's when I was very fit and active (I was a raft guide and ski instructor and did lots of backpacking, kayaking, and mountain biking). I'm now under that and in clothes sizes I haven't worn since middle school. Definitely the thinnest and boniest I've ever been as an adult. I really am ready to stop losing. I'd even be OK to bounce back up to 150.

When I was within 5-10lbs of my original goal weight of 154 (normal BMI) I upped my Water intake to at least 3 liters and made sure I fueled my body properly on workout days so my body didn't think it was going to starve. It seemed like those 10 pounds took FOREVER. I've been able to maintain my original goal for quite a few months now and am starting to think I want to lose a little more. My Dr. And trainer think I'm crazy but I would love to get down to 140 (I'm 5'6" and fairly muscular) Good luck to you on your journey to make goal...you can totally do this!

I was hoping my surgeon would discuss a goal with me at my 9 month follow up this week, but nope. Basically said my body would stop when it was ready and that my weight was in the normal range but not to worry cause I could still drop and still be normal (I am 5'7" and 150). He didn't want to give me any more guidance than that sigh!

Guess I'd just like to know when I'm done LOL!

I set other goals in addition to body weight. I set a weight goal, BMI goal and body fat goal. So my goals were to be 140 lbs or less, BMI of 24 or less and body fat under 30%.

I was hoping my surgeon would discuss a goal with me at my 9 month follow up this week, but nope. Basically said my body would stop when it was ready and that my weight was in the normal range but not to worry cause I could still drop and still be normal (I am 5'7" and 150). He didn't want to give me any more guidance than that sigh!

Guess I'd just like to know when I'm done LOL!

I actually think that's a very good answer from your surgeon. And normal range might just be your new normal...not what the charts say. I don't think having a number will mark when you are "done". ...no one can predict that. I'm under both numbers that my doc and I chose and still waiting to be done. If I had picked a lower number, I might get frustrated because I'm not "at goal" yet. Guess I'm just letting my body go where it wants to be, too. Mentally, I've been in maintenance for a couple months. I'm just eating what I feel is "normal" and not doing anything in particular to lose.

Thanks Cowgirl, I think you are most likely right! Just feels kinda anti climactic LOL! But I guess I need to get out of the "finish line" mentality and into the this is just life frame of mind!

Maybe set some other goals =)