Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to expand my sleeve a bit? It's too tight!

I've also never had that 'oops I've have one spoonful too much feeling' either. Just get the feeling that what I've eaten is backed up to the bottom of my throat so I should probably stop. Anyone else similar to me ?

I've also never had that 'oops I've have one spoonful too much feeling' either. Just get the feeling that what I've eaten is backed up to the bottom of my throat so I should probably stop. Anyone else similar to me ?

Once you get to solids especially dense Protein like chicken or beef you will feel a lot more restriction. 1 or 2 bites of chicken and your done. It took me about 6 months before I could eat 4 oz dense protein at a time and even then I could eat nothing else on the side. That's why we lose the most during the first 6 months to a year - all that restriction. Use that time to build new way of eating and new habits of making the best food choices.

Please don't worry about this. Let your stomach heal

One month out I was at 3-6 bites of dense Protein and it was small bites.

I am now 10 weeks out and enjoy 3 ounces of sense foods and 4/6 of steamed fish.

Don't push yourself.

You're overthinking it

Any surgeon or doc who goes in to stretch you now should have his license removed

Im exactly the same. Im glad to hear others out there have the same concern. I guess we will just have to wait and see how the solids go down. :l

I asked my surgeon about bougie sizes and he said they are more or less a guideline to prevent cutting the wrong areas. He has heard of surgeons actually cutting the stomach in half...how awful would that be! He also said that whether it is a 40 or 34 or whatnot it won't be that exact size and a surgeon who uses a 30 could staple the same as a 40. I would talk to your doc...and honestly from everything I have read on here...you are still swollen

I wish I was the same as you guys, I'm convinced that I can eat way too much. I'm 5 weeks post op and can pretty much get a cup of anything in. I wish I could only get a couple of spoons in, it will increase as the swelling subsides and given time. I'm just concerned about how much I'll be able to eat in the future if I can get a cup in now !

The way the surgeon creates the sleeve is an art. At a month you are still very swollen. It still took me well over an hour to drink a 12oz Protein shake. I tried to get 1 in a day but I would often drink Isopure drinks becasue it was 40g an clear liquid and easier to get down in the middle of the day. Don't force food. Take your ppi, it helps with healing and the acid that could mimic hunger (you shouldnt actually have hunger real yet so its likely acid)

And your "normal" meals will never be a "normal" meal where you ate a bunch. I went out to dinner with my daughter and had 2 chicken wings and I was stuffed (I'm over 3 months out). life is a new normal. I don't have time to eat all day either, so I try to drink a Protein Shake on the way to worIk (my breakfast) and may have a bite or two of trail mix or beef jerkey during the day, then dinner of some kind. Dinner typically is a lean cuisine less than 300 cal and I can eat maybe 2/3 of it. (I don't cook much). Overall I'm getting in maybe 500-800 calories a day. I try to get in as much Water as a I can, but most of the time its somewhere aroudn 1.5 liters (flavored water). Losing well and hoping restriction and no hunger continues as long as possible.

One thing I keep reading about is to really work the first few months as much as you can to maximize weight loss while it comes off the fastest.

...at almost 16 months out, I am so glad that I can only eat 2-4oz at any one time. I still vomit from time to time if I eat something too firm, eat too big of a bite, eat too fast or take one bite too many.

You vomit from time to time and you are ok with that? It sounds like you gave yourself an eating disorder by getting a sleeve.

...at almost 16 months out, I am so glad that I can only eat 2-4oz at any one time. I still vomit from time to time if I eat something too firm, eat too big of a bite, eat too fast or take one bite too many.

You vomit from time to time and you are ok with that? It sounds like you gave yourself an eating disorder by getting a sleeve.

You found a post I made almost two years ago and have the qualifications to diagnose an eating disorder over one simple paragraph?

Amazing! :D

I wish I was the same as you guys, I'm convinced that I can eat way too much. I'm 5 weeks post op and can pretty much get a cup of anything in. I wish I could only get a couple of spoons in, it will increase as the swelling subsides and given time. I'm just concerned about how much I'll be able to eat in the future if I can get a cup in now !

That's pretty much how I'm feeling right about now.