Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August post op sleevers: Check in

@@Kelly Avery Licht, do you track your intake? I use myfitnesspal to track my intake. I eat between 1000 - 1100 cals a day because I exercise 6 days a week and lift weights. It is difficult getting my calories and Water in. I eat 6-8 times a day so I can get my cals in. If you are getting in enough and you feel like eating then you may have to learn mindful eating. You can also join a support group. Good luck and well done on your journey!

Kelly I completely understand. I feel the same way. Toughest part is synching up the mind and stomach. I eat every 2 hours on average. It's not so much that I can't eat a lot but more my amazement at how much I used to eat and not think about it. My son is 11 and my wife is 40 and both are not overweight and both can eat more than me. It's a little frustrating but i am glad I'm restricted. My dr said that I will be able to eat more after about 6-8 months and to use this time to get the mind and body in sync

I am doing around 1300 cal or less depending on my exercise. I have been running about 8 miles a week which seems to help shed the weight a bit quicker than easing into a gym routine. I like the cardio and I like to run so it's fine for me.

Hey all! I'm reading all of your posts and am absolutely amazed at all of your results! I was sleeved 8/20 & am only down 55 lbs. Some of you are 90 lbs down?! Wow! I pray to have your success!

On another note, my church is having a weight loss challenge (probably because they all notice my results and want to compete, I won the last contest and then gained it all back plus).

My husband & sister, who are the only people who know about my surgery, both say it's immoral for me to compete in the challenge. But I still have to exercise and eat right. And all the women want to "beat" me, so I would provide "inspiration". What do you guys think? To compete or not to compete? That is the question...

Offer to be the Judge!

Hey all! I'm reading all of your posts and am absolutely amazed at all of your results! I was sleeved 8/20 & am only down 55 lbs. Some of you are 90 lbs down?! Wow! I pray to have your success!

On another note, my church is having a weight loss challenge (probably because they all notice my results and want to compete, I won the last contest and then gained it all back plus).
My husband & sister, who are the only people who know about my surgery, both say it's immoral for me to compete in the challenge. But I still have to exercise and eat right. And all the women want to "beat" me, so I would provide "inspiration". What do you guys think? To compete or not to compete? That is the question...

@@ayscott74 Hey Hey Hey ! Great job on the weight lose

@@Sandi in FL Wow Sandi! You lost 90 pounds since August? We were sleeved the same day too. But look at that profile pic. Awesome job!

Thanks@@motherof5 how are you doing with your weight loss

All of my old pants fall off. I have only been embarrassed once Lol. I have to dress for work. So, I have discovered thrift stores. Some new stuff. I love my sleeved life ????. It started 08/01/14.

@@ayscott74 I am doing well over here. The inches are coming off and I can not totally believe that I can wear some XL tops and bottoms, YAY! I still have like 68 pounds to go but i am trying to my best to go in the right direction. I also started doing weights and more strength training too. I still don't do the scale and my next weigh in is Feb 16th. That definitely encourages me to keep going.

How are you?

Later Losers!

@@motherof5 that is good to hear you are doing well. I still can't believe this is happening with me with the weight loss. When I look in the mirror how much has changed I am still shock. I weight myself once a week and if I dont lose I dont get upset because the inches are coming off which I am glad of. I have a valentine's ball to go to in February went last year before my journey I was in a size 22 dress. Now drum roll it looks like a size 10/12 I haven't brought the dress yet I am waiting until the first week of February to know what size I will need. I am just happy with the progress so far. Wish you the best in your journey. It hard work but we got this.

@mbrinmn...doing well. Have been in a very long stall; almost all of December and now into January. But I'm okay with that. I'm wearing pants that are down 4 sizes down from where I began back in August 2014 and am into XL tops (down from 3XL womens not misses).

Has anyone else had a really long stall lately? Are you still stalled or did you finally make it over the hump? Any tips? I'm getting about 65-80 grams of Protein a day, eating healthy. I do admit that I haven't gotten a lot of exercise lately, which is where I think the root of the problem is. I just joined a gym yesterday and am heading there today after work. It has a great women's only area with all the machines for every muscle group. Plus you can spin, walk/run a treadmill, or use a stairmaster or elliptical trainer while watching movies on a big screen. I'm really hoping to hit ONEderland before my birthday in March. We'll see if this new exercise jumpstarts my losing. I was doing so well until everything slowed to a halt around the 2nd week of December. At least I didn't gain any during the holidays!!

Thanks for posting all your stories and successes. It is very motivating.

Marybeth

@@mbrinmn I stalled for the first time in the beginning of December it lasted until last week. Keep doing what u are doing dont worry so much of what the scale is saying just focus on the inches. Yes add exercise and increase your Water intake you will start back losing.

I stalled also... most of December, I find it interesting that others at the same stage also stalled. I attributed it to the Holiday Goodies that were EVERYWHERE, and a bite here and a bite there snuck into my mouth! LOL. But over the last week I have felt my restriction in full force, not hungry at all.. tried to concentrate on Protein and Water and lost 5 POUNDS! I am feeling so much better and in such less pain in my back and knees it is a miracle! Nowadays I look at extremely overweight people and can't help but think how badly they need this surgery. But having been there I do not say anything.

Saturday I am meeting an old friend that I have not seen since pre-surgery, she doesn't know about it and will be surprised I am sure.

Edited by Miaoreo

Besides just the exercise, I'll have to ramp up a bit on my Water. I'm really good about drinking what seems like gallons at home, but not so much at work.

Have fun Miaoreo on Saturday. I bet your friend will be AMAZED!! I'm like you...I want to tell every obese person I see that they really have to check out this surgery because it is so life changing.