Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want to throat punch my husband

I'm on day 4 of my liquid diet and on our way to my pre-op appt and he decides to go to McDonald's drive thru to get him Breakfast. I told him he'd better think ahead next time and eat at home before we leave. I will get my revenge though cause I will be starting puréed foods while he's on his liquid diet. Haha Not the same as McDonald's but I'm going to pretend it is dang delicious! lol

I truly feel for you......My husband, who at 55, only weighs about 25 lbs heavier than when we married 31 years ago, got the munchies BEFORE dinner last night and scarfed down 2 big pieces of stuffed pizza followed by his regular dinner an hour later....all in front of me. I, btw, was only on day 2 of my pre-op diet and was already hating it......I didn't want to throat punch him but I was thinking a cast Iron frying pan across his noggin might be a good idea. LOL!

That'll work too! Haha

Hey Honeybunz....you and I are having surgery the same day! Yee Haaw!

Ladies being in jail will only postpone your surgeries. Lol

OH Finediva.........I really needed that laugh!

OH Finediva.........I really needed that laugh!

The first 6 to 7 days of my pre op liquid diet was brutal. I was withdrawing from a serious caffeine addiction (serious coffee drinker). That with the carb withdrawal almost killed me. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning and went to sleep early at night. Didn't know what else to do as I didn't want any felony charges against me. I also have a 16 year old. Do you feel my pain? Good news..I did kick the caffeine. My doctor told me it was mandatory. Also, sugar....yuck! Hang in there girl

So you were dealing with a 16 year old while going thru the horrific caffeine free pre-op diet, huh? Really.....I don't know if it could get any worse than that! ;) I've got two kids, 20 and 23, and the two of them often make me want to reach for a drink, which I've also given up along with the caffeine. This.... getting our lives on track..... is no easy feat! BTW.....I'm glad you didn't get a felony along the way.

The first 6 to 7 days of my pre op liquid diet was brutal. I was withdrawing from a serious caffeine addiction (serious coffee drinker). That with the carb withdrawal almost killed me. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning and went to sleep early at night. Didn't know what else to do as I didn't want any felony charges against me. I also have a 16 year old. Do you feel my pain? Good news..I did kick the caffeine. My doctor told me it was mandatory. Also, sugar....yuck! Hang in there girl

I almost did the same - last night was my first day of liquid diet pre op. I went grocery shopping for my 4 kids and husband after work and bought them their back to school lunches, snack meals for the week etc. I could not wait to get home and have my only real food of the day, 4-6 oz of protien and a vegi.

All day I I kept thinking....Chicken or left over Steak from the night before...yumm I walk in the door at 7:30 PM with arms full of groceries that I can not eat and see the chicken soaking in a bowl full of wishbone Italian dressing and wanted to cry,so then I looked for the steak in the fridge from the night before and it;s gone. I find it at the top of the garbage with the fast trimming of raw chicken fat on it. I also almost throat punched the hubby! lol

@@Change it up. I also have a 26 and 25 yr old, but thank goodness neither live with me. When they are altogether they argue and get on my last nerve. Yes, I did survive the moody, meloncolony, friend obsessed, video game playing, food eating machine. Love that boy! In my former pre sleeve life, I just drank coffee and smiled.

You guys make me happy that I live alone now! I'm still waiting for my surgery date--hopefully before the end of September. I'm already dreading the 7-10 days liquid diet before the surgery. I haven't found a Protein drink that I really like yet. I'm still looking.

LOL! The little buggers, no matter what their age, do stress ya out when they live with ya. :) Good luck DeanieG.....make sure you let us know your surgery date. Oh....and I really liked the unjury Protein drinks made with almond milk. Sadly, I'm supposed to use what my surgeon gave me and it is made with Water....has no "oomf" to it at all......

You guys make me happy that I live alone now! I'm still waiting for my surgery date--hopefully before the end of September. I'm already dreading the 7-10 days liquid diet before the surgery. I haven't found a Protein Drink that I really like yet. I'm still looking.

Glad to see that I'm not alone! Best wishes everyone!!

BellaLuce4.....I think that if that had happened to me last night, the cast Iron frying pan would have had a dent in it this morning!

I almost did the same - last night was my first day of liquid diet pre op. I went grocery shopping for my 4 kids and husband after work and bought them their back to school lunches, snack meals for the week etc. I could not wait to get home and have my only real food of the day, 4-6 oz of protien and a vegi.

All day I I kept thinking....Chicken or left over Steak from the night before...yumm I walk in the door at 7:30 PM with arms full of groceries that I can not eat and see the chicken soaking in a bowl full of wishbone Italian dressing and wanted to cry,so then I looked for the steak in the fridge from the night before and it;s gone. I find it at the top of the garbage with the fast trimming of raw chicken fat on it. I also almost throat punched the hubby! lol

I totally understand you guys. I am day 9 on post op. My hubby bought frosted donuts in the morning. He got three pizzas for lunch and then had me fry chicken for dinner. He is a chicken skin person and so am I. It was hard to step away from that. For lunch and dinner I went straight upstairs because it bothers the heck out of me. I have no support system here, sigh.

But I know this will not last long. I will be able to eat regular foods soon. I am not saying going back to my eating habits, but regular foods.