Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Highly considering Sleeve Surgery .. Any takers on their experience? :)

I am 1 week away from surgery. This site has been a HUGE help to me. I have been reading and preparing and getting motivated from all the wonderful success stories on here. You found your best tool for information and motivation right here on bariatricpal. I know others will share their stories with you. experience thus far has been awesome. I chose a great program and can't wait for the future.

I'm scared of the whole recovery process.. I know it varies from person to person but, but are you back at work? Do you feel overall ok?

Thanks Rovobay! I'm excited too.. I think i'm just over thinking it too much.. I started looking online and I think it's the worst thing I could have done..

I think it's pretty different for most. I am 8 days post. The first few days were difficult for me. After that every day I felt a little better. Although, you can start feeling too good and over do it. Which is what I did and why I'm back in resting mode again. I don't know how some people go back to work so quickly afterwards. It is quite an adjustment. I don't feel sick or anything like that but I am very tender. I think the biggest issue I've had has been taking all my meds. Swallowing pills is uncomfortable, I can only take one at a time. It takes a bit for things to settle so I have to wait 10 or 15 minutes before taking the next one. I take a lot of meds. Nothing I wasn't informed about. There's just a large adjustment period. I am still positive and excited about the future. It is a new beginning.

@@asolma

I'm 3 months out. My sleeve surgery was a life saver for me. I was to a point I had given up on myself. Now I look forward to so many things. My self confidence is back. My attitude is positive. The weight loss is a perk (ok its also fantastic too). I just can't believe how good I feel.

Enjoy researching weight loss surgery. So much information out there.

Here is one of my favorite motivating videos. This woman is 18 months out. She has a video blog of her journey. Let me know what you think.

Edited by jenn1

I am almost 6 weeks post op. no pain meds taken since day two, only nausea once since coming home. I didn't have any of the bad side effects. No gas pain, etc. down 36 from 3 days pre op.

Oh and I drove 4 days post op to kids soccer practice and long distance 1 week post op. (6 hour).

Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to reply! I think I really need this opportunity to feel like myself again... this app is definitely very helpful!!

I'm one week post op and still dealing with muscle spasms and the normal "burning" pain every day. I'm still taking Dilaudid (pill form) for the pain but not as much as I was when I was initially discharged. My dr is not having me take any pills until my two-week follow up which is next Tuesday.

Condition is slowly getting better but the pain is definitely still there. I'm trying to stay positive about it but if I had to do it over, I'm not sure if I would do this again. Having said that, I've really only experienced the bad with this surgery, I haven't yet experienced the good. Ask me in six months and 50lbs lighter, I may be teaching a class on it somewhere lol.

I just wanted to make sure you understand that each person has their own unique recovery. I was like you, I learned as much as I could about it beforehand. You definitely need to do that but the whole thing will still be shocking and very hard. It's a mental battle every day. There's really no way to prepare yourself mentally for it. And that's the biggest challenge. Once you get that down, you'll be fine.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

One week post op... No pain... Never had nausea... A little sore by the inscision area.......went back to work Tuesday after LABOR DAY.... Was sleeved on august 27.....I educated myself and prepared for everything and hoped for the best! Alyce

Every surgery come with pain. Broken legs mend, Pain from child birth and right now some one in the world is struggling through pain from cancer. I could go on and on.....

The pain from surgery is temporary. Life gets back to a new normal. I would go though temporary pain again and again to have this life changing experience.

I was sleeved on 8/25 and it's been the best thing I've done for myself sofar. I've been blessed with a super easy recovery and I've had zero problems getting my Vitamins, Water, and Protein in. I'm still on liquids only, but so far so good.

Surgery August 11, home the next afternoon. No pain meds after coming home. Its been about 3 1/2 weeks now and I'm still very tired. Only nauseous late at night when I sip Water on an empty stomach....that quit when I started adding crystal light to it. But other than that I feel fantastic. Down 30lbs. Today I learned that I may be tired because my thyroid meds need to be adjusted. So its been pretty easy peasy for me! I could have easily gone back to work....desk job....the week after surgery but my insurance okayed 6 weeks! I'm only taking 4. I have other doctor and dentist appts lined up this week so I just rolled with it. Back to work on Monday :) Good luck!