Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering if anyone else has been in my situation. I started my journey with a BMI of around 55. I've really bought into the plan my doctor gives us and have so far lowered my BMI to 51.99. My insurance has an exception to their 6 month medically supervised diet/waiting period for those with a BMI of 50 or over. I have one more appointment before we submit to insurance - in about 2.5 weeks. We will schedule my date then. Last month I lost 9lbs. If I were to lose another 11.6lbs, I would be under the 50 BMI. I've been so worried about losing too much and having to wait those extra months! I don't want to go off of plan and negate all of the hard work and effort I've put into getting myself ready for this surgery.

Not only would it be emotionally hard to wait, my out of pocket has been met for this year, so if I can do this before the end of the year, I won't have to pay anything.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions?

I would up your calories just not with junk or see how many calories you need to only lose 2 pounds a week. You can do that on myfitness pal or even google it. Really you don't have to go crazy and eat a lot. Good luck.

Wondering if anyone else has been in my situation. I started my journey with a BMI of around 55. I've really bought into the plan my doctor gives us and have so far lowered my BMI to 51.99. My insurance has an exception to their 6 month medically supervised diet/waiting period for those with a BMI of 50 or over. I have one more appointment before we submit to insurance - in about 2.5 weeks. We will schedule my date then. Last month I lost 9lbs. If I were to lose another 11.6lbs, I would be under the 50 BMI. I've been so worried about losing too much and having to wait those extra months! I don't want to go off of plan and negate all of the hard work and effort I've put into getting myself ready for this surgery.

Not only would it be emotionally hard to wait, my out of pocket has been met for this year, so if I can do this before the end of the year, I won't have to pay anything.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any suggestions?

I started my journey at a BMI of 53. I went to orientation and that day they took all my info to submit for approval. I woukd talk to your doctor about the weight loss and if going below the 50 will affect getting ur surgery right away. I didnt have to wait either. Why is your doctor holding off on applying for so long? If your BMI is so high you would think theyd want to help you as soon as possible. I applied the first week of Oct and had surgery Dec 18th. I have lost 127 to date. Its only been a little more than 8 months. Best option is to ask your doctor what his suggestion would be but dont go sabotaging yourself to stay. If anything just maintain where u are. Good luck and let me know how your doing.

@@kimba6999 My insurance and surgeon require the dietitian & psych eval/approvals, so I've been getting those appointments in. There was a waiting list for my dietitian. So he does not submit until those appointments have been completed. I've only had two appointments with him & he's ready to submit & schedule on my next appointment. I don't feel like that's waiting too long to submit. I'm happy with the time line he's using. If I've read it once, I've read it a million times on these boards, every surgeon is different :)

@@SherB - I will try adjusting MFP - I've had it at only 2lbs per week. My problem is, I often only take in a little over 1/2 of my allowed calories as it is. It's amazing what cutting all the starches out does! I just changed my settings for 1lb per week & will try to increase my intake some with more healthy choices. Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I'm ready for 09/22 to get here!

Well good luck to you. I too had to do all those things and you're right, they r all different. Hoping the best for you.