Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 29th Surgery in Buffalo NY

Glad it was informative. And I am soooo happy to hear no catheter!!!! I've been secretly freaking out about that! Sorry you can't use the nectar now. I was hoping for that as well. I ended up trying some and it is so much better tasting then the fusion. I am getting excited, are you? I'm working on cleaning out my cabinets, stocking my sisters pantry with stuff I won't need anymore! It still seems so far away! Have you had a chance to try any of the Fusions yet?

I was too!! I was more terrified of the catheter than anything else lol. My nectar samples should be here tmrw.. i will probably use it to make some Protein pops and such for before and after sugery.. havent done the fusion yet... i just bought vanilla and will add sf pudding or sf Jello to it. My diet starts next friday.. its crazy how its flown by. I have to say the workshop put to ease many of my worries. Im here for you! :)

You start your pre op diet soon, right? Let me know how the first few days are.

Yes! Start it tomorrow! I bought groceries last night...SF Jello and popsicles, SF drink mixes and low sodium broth...My momma even found me a hot pink Protein Shake bottle. Im almost more afraid of these 10 days than the actual surgery.. all I can think of is them not doing the surgery because I didnt do it right..that wont happen!! :) let me know if you want my email or phone number to keep in touch... we got this!

Hello all... Im new to the forum. I have been researching WLS for about 8 years and finally made the decision to have the Sleeve in February. My surgeon is Dr Cavaretta from Synergy Bariatrics in Buffalo. I am excited, nervous, terrified.... but I know I am making the right decision. I turn 30 a week after my surgery, so I keep joking next year I'll have to have a 30+1 party to Celebrate since I wont be up to celebrating at all this year... I have a few questions...

Anyone from the Buffalo/WNY area that wants a surgery buddy?

I have major texture issues... can anyone recommend a good pre and post op Protein shake that isnt too gritty?

My biggest "fear" for surgery is having a bladder catheter... did anyone have one? I know they want you mobile and walking so Im hoping I wont have one... thanks for any insight!!

Mine is September 29th too in South Carolina and I turn 30 in December :)

Peach raspberry Jello sounds pretty good, where did you find that flavor?

I got a pink shaker bottle too! And a purple. What did you use to mix your shake, milk? I was pretty excited when she said in the pre op class that we could mix unflavored powder and crystal light. I'm hoping that will taste delicious! Keep up the great work!

I just mixed a SF peach mix and SF rasberry mix together.. I got both at Walmart. Im kind of wishing I had gotten a mix of unflavored instead of french vanilla.. but I just add mixes to them.. for lunch I had more Jello and mixed a berry Propel drink mix to it. dinner was beef broth and two popsicles lol.

We have leftover pizza Hut in the fridge and I am dying... but each day will get easier. I had my preop physical yesterday also and I am cleared for surgery. Im also down 10 lbs from when I was last weighed in July! I was worried because I have been eating things I know I wont be able to have after surgery. Hoping with the preop diet I will be under 400 for surgery... whoot!

You're less than a week away, right? How are you doing?

Yes I am... surgery Monday morning!! Im finishing day 5 of my preop diet (SF popsicle for snack right now) Im doing well thanks! I was struggling on Saturday.. but I added SF chocolate pudding to my shakes and it is a God send!! It masks the aftertaste of the powder and almost tastes like chocolate milk.. its the only way I can do shakes. I havent had any veggies even though we're allowed... its truly a test of your determination.. but Im so ready for Monday :) You start your diet on Friday right?

My surgery is on Monday too! I'm on day 2 of the liquid diet! I have my nutrition class tomorrow and pre admitting testing and my last visit with the surgeon. It's going to be a packed day!

Yes I am... surgery Monday morning!! Im finishing day 5 of my preop diet (SF popsicle for snack right now) Im doing well thanks! I was struggling on Saturday.. but I added SF chocolate pudding to my shakes and it is a God send!! It masks the aftertaste of the powder and almost tastes like chocolate milk.. its the only way I can do shakes. I havent had any veggies even though we're allowed... its truly a test of your determination.. but Im so ready for Monday :) You start your diet on Friday right?

I start mine on Sunday. I bought vanilla, chocolate and unflavored. Have you been using milk to mix or Water? I feel like eating 1/2 cup of veg would make the whole not eating thing worse! You're in the home stretch, you can do it! Have you weighed yourself yet? I'm sooooo curious as to how much I'll lose doing the pre op.