Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I just joined this site. I am one week post op for GB (ru-n-y). I'm still doing a full liquid diet. But am seeking to get a greater understanding of what I am going to experience in the next 5 weeks. Working through this head hunger. I know I need to journal my foods, I have always struggled with doing that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

I know what you mean. I do so well logging my food for about 2 weeks and then I fall off.

I am 15 days post op and the mental cravings are the worst. During my full liquid diet I ate cream of chicken Soup which really helped. I also drink rocket refuel for Protein and it is awesome.

I didn't track my first 2-3 weeks after surgery except to count Protein grams. Once I got to soft foods, I started using My Fitness Pal to track and I track everything now. It's especially important to keep up with that Protein. I always eat protein first and usually don't have too much room for anything else, so I don't watch calories particularly. My protein is usually around 60, carbs 60 or less and I don't really even look at fat grams.

I'm lucky I guess that I don't really have head hunger. I was an emotional eater before but to be honest, I feel so happy after surgery I haven't needed to medicate with food. I've gotten pretty addicted to exercising, so that probably helps, too. You may be surprised that you just don't desire all those foods you medicated with before. I still think about chocolate every now and then but it just doesn't even sound good. If I get the late night munchies (not really hungry, just feeling like I need to eat something), I eat a piece of fruit or drink a Protein shake or something. I'm still always within my calorie/protein goals.

Best wishes -- you're just starting the journey but if you're like me, by the time you're at 6-7 weeks, you're gonna feel like a million bucks!

Thank you! I think what is getting me is my husband can still eat the old way. I'm not jealous of it and I keep remind ing myself I don't want it. But the smell is all consuming. I told him when I get to soft and full textured foods things were going to change. He agreed. Also folks from church are bringing delicious meals since my hubby is having to take care of our daughter instead of cook. But I got some Soups from the store today and I think that is going to help a lot. I think the constant Protein Shake, Water and sugar free Jello are old. Lol.

First congrats to everyone for making the choice to be healthy, it is very important that you record everything you eat so that if you have stalls or problems you know what it is. Using myfitnesspal is an excellent tool to track all food I have been using it now for 1 year. I never go over my calories as well as I know exactly how much Protein I have consumed as well as Water intake. Make sure you are getting in your 64 ounces of water as well. Just like an early post your taste buds changed, and I am now addicted to exercise and work out 5 days a week for at least an hour and my two off days I walk.

I do not track anything. I am never hungry during the day so I drink 2 Protein Shakes at work and eat whatever my family has at dinner. Then I usually have some string cheese or cottage cheese or some kind of lite snack later in the day

I am living by tracking my food on Fitness Pal mostly because I can see my Protein intake. If I have done well all day then I will let myself have something that is not completely Protein for the evening meal (like a small amount of Pasta or grilled vegies). This has been very encouraging to me to watch my nutrition intake each day.

I have started every morning with a protein shake (that I make from the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein, ice, almond milk and some fruit) and then try to get my other Proteins in through food - I am thinking I might need to add another Protein Shake in near mid day as I am struggling to get it all in.

Really not a lot to suggest for Water it is just one of those things you just have to do. I sort of have a schedule.. I have my Protein Shake on the way to work.. Eat my first meal when timing appropriate.. I then drink a 16 oz bottle of water before I can have my next meal.. Then a 16 oz bottle... Just keep rotating meal, liquid. I keep a bottle of water with me everywhere I go. It is a pain and I feel like my whole day is spent working towards my water and Protein goals but I am getting them in