Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one year out today. Have lost a total of 134 pounds. I went from a size 26 to size 8 pant and am 18 pounds from my goal weight. My blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels are all in normal range. I feel great and have more energy then I've had in years.

The past year had its ups and downs. I have had times of failure and times of success. I contoured my emotional eating while assisting caring for and then dealing with the death of my father in law. I walked/ran my first 5k. I spent the summer going to Water parks and doing other activities with my kids I would have not done prior to this journey. I workout 6-7 days a week. I walk anywhere from 30-60 minutes a day 5 days a week, pilates and yoga once a week each (on the days I don't strength train) , and strength training 3 days a week (just added strength training last month)

I have and still battle my carb cravings. Sometimes I give in and lose the battle other times I succeed in the fight. I always start new the next day.

I have my problem areas. Areas of my body that I'm not happy with due to the saggy skin but I'm hopeful that I can work then off with the strength training.

I am so glad that I did this. It has given me my life back. I would not change it for the world.

Congratulations, you have done awesome! I hope I can do half as well as you have after my surgery :)

Summer

one year today. - lost 134 pounds.

@@jatherley

thats wonderful - you must feel terrific/healthy/happy :)

ups and downs???

part of life - can't have one without the other

in the end i think they balance each other :)

keep up the wonderful job :)

continued good luck

kathy

congrats

Congratulations, you have done awesome! I hope I can do half as well as you have after my surgery :)

Summer

Thank You. I am sure you do really well. Stay focused and follow your plan as best you can

@@jatherley

thats wonderful - you must feel terrific/healthy/happy :)

ups and downs???

part of life - can't have one without the other

in the end i think they balance each other :)

keep up the wonderful job :)

continued good luck

kathy

congrats

I feel awesome. Better then I can ever remember feeling.

Yeah ups and downs are all part of life. This tool helps make couping with the downs easier.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Congratulations! What a great success story! My sister shared with me the WLS is a tool that doesn't change the head. (Old eating habits...) ups and downs are all part of the journey. It sounds like you are doing terrifically, and your story inspired me! Thank you!