Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allying all sleeved men!! Looking for men who have had the gastric sleeve to post their stories, progress, etc.

I am a 33 year old male, 6'2".

Starting weight: 381

Surgery Date weight: 367

Current Weight ((19 days post op): 342

I would love to read men's progress stats. Especially amounts lost in first 6 months, daily Protein and caloric intake, and meal suggestions and recommendations.

Hey there Ryan!

First off, congrats for making what I would say is the most brave and important decision of your life! If you don't feel that way about it now, believe me, eventually you will.

I'm 39, 5'9"... my pre-surgery high (on Jan 9 of this year) was 377. The very next day, I started my pre-op plan, and on Feb 19, the day of my surgery, I was down to 339.

The couple days I spent in the hospital were rough but nothing out of the ordinary: sore as hell on the incision spots and groggy from the anesthesia and pain meds. I was back at my desk job in a week and a half, but it took another week or two after that for my energy level to get back to normal.

Pounds melted right off in the first 2-to-3 months, but right now, I'm losing at a 1-2 pound per week clip, which is very comfortable and steady. I'm eating around 1200-1500 calories daily, focusing on Protein rich foods. Right now, just over 6 months out of surgery I am down a total of 126 pounds (88 since surgery) and have never felt better. I'm in a 36 waist pants (used to be a 46-48), wearing an XL size shirt (used to be a 3X-4X), and haven't been this svelte since high school. It's amazing. And I still have work to do and pounds to shed-- it's going to get even BETTER!

Can't wait to hear about your progress... believe me when I say you have MUCH to look forward to my friend. I'm excited for you.

Best of luck you, Ryan!

~Pat

Edited by truck8595

Thank you, truck. I am amazed at your results and hope I follow in your footsteps. I am definitely starting to feel the miracle of the surgery.

Hi Ryan,

I'm 40 years old 5'10", my highest weight before sleeve surgery was about 285, several years ago I started the process for the lap-band and during the process was able to drop down to around 215 so I figured I didn't need surgery and could do it on my own, well as the years past by I started butting the weight back on plus some, sept/oct of 13 I had enough, couldn't really fit in work uniform felt like crap and decided on wls, went back to same dr and he told me about the sleeve which I had done Jan 2014 and it changed my life, I'm 7 months post op, down to around 170-175 in the gym 3/4 days week', jogging 2-/3 days week, I feel like a newer younger man. I stick to a low carb high Protein diet, and I will admit it every now and then I do cheat it makes me feel human but I keep things in perspective I even had the occasional beer but I don't make a pig of myself and I try to make smarter food choices 95% of the time.

I had a lap band with minimal success. I started that time at 280, went down to about 220 and gained back until about 250.

I started having issues with the band and was aspirating, went to dr and my esophagus had dilated , and band had shifted.

I had surgery 8/28 and converted to sleeve, I started at 248, and was 236 day of surgery. I'm a week out and have lost 6lbs and feel great.

Many of the issue and constant ill feeling are gone.

I could tell the difference when waking up in recovery room, I didn't feel like I was being choked by the band anymore.

I am 58 and 6 feet even and had the surgery in May 2013 and have been down to my high school weight for six months now having gone from a surgery weight of 295lb down to 175lb.

Diet wise I stuck to the plan given to me but the NUT as closely as possible especially Protein wise and found myself losing aprox 3lbs a week. My meal suggestion are lots of varieties of Chilli with Beans as that kept me going till I could eat some carbs again and never gets old for me.

Have not had to track the exact amount of food so far as weight is pretty steady without it and my stomach stopped me eating too much but the NUT said stop eating as soon as you feel full and that simple rule has worked fine.