Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since the start of my pre-op liquid diet I have been feeling like a Yo-yo. One hour I feel like "I can totally do this" and the next hour all I can think about is all of the different foods I want and then go into a spiral of "I don't know how I am going to do this"

Day 3 was by far the hardest and almost succumbed to my thoughts. My family had gotten take out and left the containers on the counter. One of the containers had some fries in it. I must of walked by those fries a thousand times (or so it felt). I actually put a fry in my mouth and then spit it out before I could chew it. I felt horrible, but also happy because I spit it out!

I have made it to day 8 and I have stuck to the liquid diet and have not cheated! I am really proud of myself. I feel like if I cheat on the Liquid Diet it will mean I have failed my first Lap Band journey test. My surgery is next Tuesday and I keep trying to remind myself with each day I get closer to the surgery date however I still continue to have my up and down thoughts. I have to admit it's not as bad as in the beginning.

Did anyone else experience these Yo-yo emotions during their Liquid Diet?

Ummm .. YEAH! We are all human, after all. Except for Bob over there in the corner. He's a cyborg. ;)

Honestly though ... yes. I had those struggles. My son and husband asked me to stop for fast food for them on my way home from the grocery store. I was on day 4 of my diet. I was so HUNGRY that I almost fainted at the grocery store, and then I was in tears on my way home because of the smell of their fast food. Then the following weekend was our son's birthday party. We had cake ... and EVERYONE kept telling me that it was so moist, chocolaty, and that I REALLY needed to try it. I was 3 days pre-op. I WANTED THAT CAKE. I decided to take the dog for a walk instead .... and cried while we were away from everyone else.

Know what? It was worth it. I made it. The next hurdle you get to face is the first 6 weeks post-op. OMFG. I've not done as well this week, and I can feel the difference. I have to get myself back on track before I mess everything up. But I'll get there.

My surgery is for next Tuesday and I'm on day one of pre op liquid diet. I feel ok but I do have a headache . I just passed a burrito up took a bite and chewed it up then I spit it out. I work up till Monday and there is always good at my job . I just pray I get they this week. I'm blessed cause I only have one week if pre op . I don't know if I could do 2

Congratulations to both of you! Go easy on yourselves, we've all been there. I started looking into Lapband 3 years ago and finally took the leap this year. My surgery was June 26th. I had every thought that you have had. My preop was the sugarbusters diet. Every time I was in the grocery store I'd think of all the food that I could never have! You know what though? Its simply not true! I have a bite here and there of dessert. Honestly, the only thing missing right now is broccoli!!! Can you imagine that? Kind of funny

Anyway, my point is that you can absolutely do this! You aren't going to feel deprived!!! This is one of the best decisions you will make for your life. I've lost 30 lbs which may not seem like a lot but it is to me. I've gained so much by losing that. Two pants sizes, 4 inches and a cup size on my bra! The energy that is coming back is amazing! I'm so happy and excited for both of you! I look forward to hearing all of your successes! Its all going to work out great!

Thank You for your responses. It makes me feel better that I am not alone

Your welcome. Anytime!!

I am on day 3! My diet isn't liquid but I think it might be simpler if it was. I can have raw veggies, plain oatmeal, Sugar-fee pudding and Jello, noodle Soup. Even though I am eating, it is about the deprivation. We got this way because we love food! So naturally we feel as though life is over cuz we can't have the things we love to eat!!!

My co-worker had left over rotisserie chicken and I was looking at the bones like it was a feast!! I just have to remind myself that the reward will be far greater than the taste of that chicken!

I am so thankful for this site and all of you. It is such a help to know that I am not in this alone nor am I crazy for thinking and feeling the way that I do! I get banned next Wednesday 9/3/14 and am so ready!! Don't worry, you will be Great!!!

Day 4 and day 10 of pre op liquids was hard for me so hard i thought i might die!!!! I would have gone off the wagon if not for support if my co workers. Now 11 days post op. I know that pre op was the worst. I lost 15 lbs on preop diet alone. So. Yes we all have felt the pain of that preop diet!!!

I'm on day 7 and I've been doing ok. My husband was eating potato chips this morning and that got to me a little and I'm not even a potato chip person! It gets easier mostly but yesterday I was so tempted to eat a cookie or a piece of candy or something! I resisted and drank some tea. My procedure is this coming Friday (6 days) so we're in the home stretch. Good luck- you can do it!!

Day 11 here .. and still struggling. I'm on 3 shakes a day, it's not the I feel hungry .. It's just snacking, old habits try to kick in.

Really enjoyed reading through this post and laughed out loud, glad we're all going through it.

Getting banded on Wednesday October 15. Equally scared and excited!