Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sigh, I'm feeling completely defeated.

My sleeve was done on 8/13. When I got home on 8/15 I was 201 on my scale. Almost two weeks out I've only dropped to 198-199 (and that was a week ago).

I'm doing well, getting all my liquids, Protein, Vitamins etc. and walking. When I'm only on sugar free liquids and two Protein shakes, how can I possibly not be losing?

So depressed. Halp.

Edited by llamawithawhip

Don't lose hope

Hi!

You must be so frustrated. The only thing I could suggest is that you stay away from your scale. After surgery your body has some adjusting to do while it is healing. Some people retain Water, which shows up on a scale as weight. Water is actually heavier than fat. Personally, I did not get on a scale until my first follow-up visit with the surgeon.

Good luck and don't give up!

Exact same thing happened to me. I went into a 18 day stall right after surgery. But when the stall broke the weight started to fall off for about two weeks, then I went into another week-long stall. Stalls stink, but at the end of the day the weight is still coming off (albiet in waves).

Edited by Asdf12345

It's so frustrating when you see what other folks lose in the first week or so. But as they say, we're all different and lose differently. I was thinking the same thing...300 cal a day and hardly anything.

I had surgery 8/14. I didn't get on the scale for 4 or 5 days because I know I'd freak. Day of surgery I was at 195. I was 193. I figured, yay I've dropped the fluids from the hospital. Since then it's been a crawl.

However today I was 188. But I still feel like my tummy is bloated and sticking out.

Have you had to take any Fiber or anything? I've been adding benefiber to my yogurt and shakes and after about a week I used some milk of magnesia. It worked thank goodness, But things still aren't moving on their own, I'm just very aware not to get "backed up".

I was out and on my feet outside almost all day yesterday and the scale dropped 3 lbs. Practically had tears of joy.

I guess the message is, I know how maddening it is to have to fight so hard right off the bat. But it will come off. Your body will figure it out.

Quit using the scale as a measure of your success. Problem solved.

kudos pink dahlia!!!

I haven't lost inches. Clothing does not seem looser. Other "measures of success" are not meaningful, in that I did not rearrange my anatomy to improve my running time.

Two weeks out you will still have swelling, don't weigh until one month out. You will lose, it is next to impossible not to lose but your body is still healing. I gained 8 pounds of Fluid after surgery and did not drop those 8 pounds until day 9. Just hang in there.

Sorry if I came across as blunt, I did'nt mean to hurt anyones feelings. My apoligies if I did. I guess im just a little baffled by people who are using words like "completely defeated" and "so depressed", when you need to gently remind yourself that you just had major. surgery. Your body may still be in shock, recovering and your body may be trying to figure out if its being starved or not, and trying to hold onto the fat etc if it is being starved. So thats why I m not abig fan of he scale as a measure of success. Hang in there, youll do just fine !