Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Endoscopy tomorrow. S/P surgery July 16.

I saw one of the surgeons in the group this past Friday and he scheduled me for endoscopy tomorrow.

I've been having many problems with my hernia repair. He thinks maybe there is a kink in the esophagus or things are too tight.

I have had chronic nausea since the surgery. I can hardly eat or drink and am not doing well.

He told me he may have to admit me and place an iv for me to be able to go home with and get fluids overnight. He said they could possibly have to go back in and redo the surgery and I may possibly need a feeding tube placed in my stomach.

None of this sounds good to me. I just hope things are too tight in there and he can loosen them up. I am hoping for the bast but knowing there can be a worst.

Hi I'm hoping things are just too tight sending you well wishes,keep us posted and good luck.

Good luck, Hope all goes well

Pik,

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I pray it all works out for you

Pik,

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I pray it all works out for you

Pik,

May everything come out fine for you tomorrow.

I will think of you and will look for your update when you feel you can do it.

Best wishes.

Chelly

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

About damn time they're doing this. Jeez. I know this is wearing on you. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping it's minor but ALL FIXED so you can finally start feeling better.

Hugs!

About damn time they're doing this. Jeez. I know this is wearing on you. I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping it's minor but ALL FIXED so you can finally start feeling better.

Hugs!

Thank you Karen Lee. Right now I am feeling really rough. Very very nauseous and feeling very faint.

I am home from my endoscopy. I am going to say this. I am very grateful that they were able to go in and dilate things and hopefully this is going to help. My dr said he did meet with some resistance and they could possibly have to go in one or two more times. I am ok with that.

Here is my timeline:

I had my surgery on July 16 and came home from the hospital on the 18th.

On July 26th, my medication got stuck and I was vomiting all day and ended up admitted into the hospital. I had slight pancreatitis from that. I asked the dr if he thought I could have a stricture. No he says. Are you going to do an endoscopy. No he says. The Upper Gi shows no stricture. I leave on the 28th.

Five days later on the 2nd of August it happens again. A pill gets caught. Throwing up all day, back in the er, admitted again, much worse pancreatitis. Do you think I have a stricture? No. They did an upper gi. No stricture. Are you sure you could see that on an upper gi. Yes. I am there for 4 days this time.

I have had severe nausea and have been on liquids this whole time, with the inability to drink or eat much.

I wake up from the endoscopy and the dr is telling me how things go and blah blah you had a stricture. Once again, grateful to have it dilated and understanding he may have to do it again but super super pissed that I have been going through all of this hell and me asking time and time again and asking for endoscopies to no avail and I have a fricken stricture.

I am normally a mild mannered person but right now, with all of my declining health due to this I am so upset.

My fiance took me to the endoscopy but right now he had to go take the patients info that I came home with and get mine.

Did I say I was super pissed?

Why can't doctors listen to patients and understand they know what their body is up to more than they do? I was already inpatient twice, why could they not have just done it?

End of rant I guess.

Wow....that's crazy!!!

Wow....that's crazy!!!

Having had to go through it all this time it was way more than crazy. My health was really failing to the point of being on a feeding tube had become a possibility.

Yah I would be super pissed. That's complete bullsh*t. Your whole life has been turned upside down and if he would have listened to you, he could have spared u weeks of agony. You're gonna get thru this sweetie and u have every right to be angry!

Yah I would be super pissed. That's complete bullsh*t. Your whole life has been turned upside down and if he would have listened to you, he could have spared u weeks of agony. You're gonna get thru this sweetie and u have every right to be angry!

Thank you. I am hoping this makes things better. It has got too! I have been feeling worse than a dead dog! I know that strictures can and do happen. I am very understanding of that. Just not the fact that I had to be admitted into the hospital 2x after surgery and they never really listened to me. Sucks.

So you have the same doctor as us?????? Sounds like it. Don't get me started. Again. (I've posted about it before).

Somefof them get the God Complex. Put your foot down and tell them how it is. After all, you are NOT just a number and a paycheck (but that's how they see us).

So, is the pancreatitis gone? We just found out today, from last Wednesday's blood work, that my husband's pancreatitis is showing up again. Wth?? He was discharged after tons of iv antibiotics fir it three weeks ago. Now it's coming back??? And they want to retest it in TWO WEEkS??? Um, no. And if course Dr our NURSE didn't call him back to talk more about it. We want antibiotics NOW and hopefully in pill firm instead of iv because he's already missed a lot of work and well, stating in the hospital just plain sucks and they don't let you sleep.

Gah, I hope your stupid drs get it together and have fixed the problem. Ever thoughtt about going to someone else?