Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tremors

pjb84

Has anyone had tremors in their hand, balance problems, and dizziness & almost passing out?

Sorry no I would say contact your doctor ASAP , good luck and I hope you begun to feel better soon.

Passed out twice one night last week. Crashed to the bathroom floor both times and hit my head and was out for at least an hour each time. Ended up in the ER with an over night stay and fluids / electrolites overnight. Now I am wearing an event monitor for a month. I had experienced fierce nausea and diarrhea for a couple of hours prior. Given renewed prescriptions for Carafate and Ondansetron.

If I start to feel "whooshey" again, I am supposed to press a button the monitor, and the four leads attached to my chest will start recording data to help determine what is going on with my heart rate and blood pressure at the time. I asked the nurse, well if I am passing out, how am I going to be alert enough to press a button, and read a drop down menu to specify what kind of event I am having?

Also my meds are being looked at to see if I need to change dosage on anything. I had balance issues prior due to being post-stroke (2010).

I have had tremors in my index and ring fingers.

First call your doctor immediately or go to the ER.

I have these symptoms and it was discovered that I have Hypoglycemia and must keep juice or hard candy to raise the levels back up if they drop. I do this because this is what I was instructed to do. I also have to check my blood 4x at least a day.

This is something you do not want to take a risk with.

Let us know what was said about this and what it is.

Jesus, Miss Mac!

That sounds awful. Please take care of yourself!

Are you sure your not having a panic attack? If not then I would agree it could be your sugar levels. Hope everything works out for you

Definitely call your surgeon. In the meantime, make sure you're getting enough B12. I get light headed and faint when I forget to take mine.

Some individuals that undergo bariatric surgery develop a condition called Hypoglycemia - Low Blood Sugar. This happens weather they were diabetic to the surgery or not. This condition could explain some of the symptoms you are experiencing. The condition is generally controllable when you feel the symptoms are coming on.

Some of the symptoms of hypoglycemia are:

Shakiness, anxiety, nervousness

Palpitations

Sweating

Pallor

Nausea

Headaches

Confusion, lightheadedness or dizziness.

Hypoglycemia is treated by restoring the blood glucose level to normal by the ingestion or administration of dextrose or carbohydrate foods. It is often self-diagnosed and self-medicated orally.

Try some fruit juice. Could be low blood sugar. If it is the juice will make you start feeling better fast.

I had all those symptoms one day last week, and it was determined to be an allergic reaction. I had tried a Quest bar for the first time that day and had the reaction shortly after that. Have you tried any new foods?

I'm almost 4 months out from WL surgery and I myself have been getting a lot of dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea.....definitely calling the doctor on Tuesday.