Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love spicy food. Eat Habaneros or use habanero hot sauce almost everyday. I crave hot hot hot! My question is for those that have been sleeved and are on regular food (and those that love the heat as much as me!). Have you tried to eat anything as spicy as a habanero? Did it go well? Thanks!!

I LOVE my spice! I am about 13 months out. I didn't do any peppers until after I resumed a full diet and have had no issues (I don't even get heartburn anymore...which is probably due to the restriction). I still follow the basic instructions...focus on dense proteins...then others...eating slowly and stopping when feeling satisfied. Peppers are definitely more of a condiment now...though I still order a snack size of Blazing Wings from Buffalo a Wild Wings!

I still get my hot in with my food. I have lowered the volume a bit b/c I know I cannot drink Water for a bit.

Speaking of, I was out and forgot and took an adult drink in right after/during food. I was in pain until we left and I walked around - just a note on what worked when I made that mistake.

Good to know! I'm sure I will have to cut back but as long as I can have a taste here and there I'll be happy. :-)

I'm confessing that while on clear liquids I added hot oil to my chicken broth.< /p>

I'm sure I will probably do the same!

For the past month I have been addicted to pickled jalepenos and Frank's Red hot sauce. I put them on everything...literally. I probably ate them 1-2x a year pre-surgery so this is pretty funny to my DH. I don't have any issues after I eat them. That being said I am on a prescription for stomach acid so I likely don't suffer because of that. Everyone's so different with how their stomachs react though so try little bits at a time and test out how your sleeve reacts.

I accidently ate raw tomatoes last week (salsa...I thought it was picante but it was fresh) and I was literally bent over horizontal until the Gas-X kicked in. That was horrible.

Unfortunately for me, spicy foods just aren't in the cards.... yet.

I used to be able to handle all kinds of heat, even enjoyed the Blazin' Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings once! Buffalo wings were right up there with my favorite foods of all time, and the hotter the better!

Sadly, I have found out the hard way that even a little bit of buffalo or any other pepper-spice, makes my stomach want to do the ol' Texas two-step right to the nearest restroom for a session kneeling before the porcelain god. It took about three or four "I'll never learns" before I finally just decided to give that stuff a rest.

I dunno, I hope a few months from now I might be able to handle it... but for now, I'll just stick with the slightly blander stuff. The results I've gotten make me miss it that much less. :)

Oh.. spicy food..

I'm Thai, so just imagine how craving I am for spicy food. Just recently (7 weeks out) I added a few drops of Sriracha sauce or sweet & sour chilli sauce for chicken in my food and had no problem with it. Still don't dare to go for the fresh chili though.

I put hot sauce on lots of stuff with no problems. No acid problem just pure yummy ness

I love spicy food. Eat Habaneros or use habanero hot sauce almost everyday. I crave hot hot hot! My question is for those that have been sleeved and are on regular food (and those that love the heat as much as me!). Have you tried to eat anything as spicy as a habanero? Did it go well? Thanks!!

I put hot sauce on my refried Beans about 2 months post sleeve. We must have 50 bottles of HOT sauces in our house. We do not eat peppers other than Jalapenos and Poblanos, but the hot sauces are our condiments!

That's awesome everybody! Thanks!

Truck, I hear you on the hot wings! Love me some atomic or mango habanero from Wingstop!

Today I went to Korean Karaoke, ate some kimchi and spicy korean dishes soooooooo yummy!!!!