Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Dee_RNY and @@Summerrain thank you! I was crying tears of joy! I called my husbands cell phone, he's at work and didn't answer so I called the office phone to speak to him to tell him first before I tell the BP forums:) our 17 year anniversary is September 6 so we're having a double celebration!!! :) :) :)

Edited by waitingtoexhale

Im sooooo happy for you. I hope my time passes quickly. Nov seems like forever away#

I received a call today 8/26/14 informing that my VSG procedure was approved on Friday 8/22/14!! :) the insurance rep also stated that I have approval for the RNY too!!!

Congrats on your approval and upcoming surgery. I am still waiting and becoming more anxious as the days go by. I am looking to revise from Lapband to RNY.

Nurse called today. She is working on my chart. She had everything she needs to submit to the insurance company except my last nutrition appt. After the appt on Sept 13. She will submit to insurance and she says with my insurance they usual approve it within one day. That made me feel better! Upward and onward....or is that downward?

Im hoping for a November/December date. I have my 4th month nut appt tomorrow...getting excited. I dont have to lose any weight just the 2wk liquid diet before the surgery. I guess I shouldnt say "just"cause the 2wk liquid diet will be tough. I feel like I should lose weight before surgery and exercise to help be in better shape for surgery. Good luck everyone in your journey.

Well here I am typing a reply that things are moving along when I get a call that my sleep study tomorrow is rescheduled cause insurance hasn't precertified yet. At least the two heart tests are scheduled and certified for Fri and next Monday. After that its just the sleep study results to wait for....still hoping for late October but we'll see...

***update...now insurance has denied in lab sleep study and I have to have a home study. And....have to wait for Oct 8.....sighs....

Edited by Angelkeeper4

I don't have to do an endoscopy, but do have to get a gall bladder ultrasound. Anyone else?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches