Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take to feel normal again?

I had RNY on 8/11 and went home 8/13. Only problem was severe nausea (no pain at all). Two days later I had bright red blood in stools (gross, I know, sorry!) and went to the ER. Was admitted for acute hemorrhage but did NOT require a transfusion. They kept me 2 days and I went home feeling good.

I am just exhausted unless sitting or lying down. Did anyone else have this complication and how long til you recovered fully?

I am 15 months post-op from RNY. I did not experience the symptoms you described. Overall, I believe one never gets back to normal after the operation. But I did reach a "Happy State" at around 6 months after the surgery and have been in this state ever since.

I had bad fatigue for most of the first 2 months. I'm now at 4.5 months and I feel great. I would not call it normal, I would call it my new normal. And my new normal is much better than the old one. It's different, but I think it's better.

I am glad I read that because I feel so out of sorts. Hard to put a finger on it. Just am not myself

I had a rough first 3 weeks. I am at 6 weeks now and I feel great. Besides not being able to eat much I do not feel like I had surgery at all.

One morning you will wake up and just feel good. :)

I can relate to not feeling well after surgery. My surgery date was August 12, 2013 and just about 3 -4 months ago I started feeling normal again with more energy. I felt tired all the time, my heart rate was going crazy and on top of all that my gastroparesis kicked in and my stomach had stopped on me. I found this out about 3 wks after surgery in the ER for like the 5th time they did a CT scan. Since being on the beta blocker and building up my muscle I feel so much better.

hi i'm 4 months post op and feel really good most of the time but the last few days i feel exhausted and weak, i've had a few palputations and just feel really run down and shaky. i wondered if this is because i've used up "Stores" that keep you going for a few months after surgery and now they are gone.

Still really happy I had the bypass, ive now lost 25kg.

has anyone else had this exhausted, run down feeling?