Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Here are some Protein smoothie drink recipes from my Bariatric surgeons office.

post-231988-0-96716100-1413996957_thumb.jpg

post-231988-0-61938600-1413996980_thumb.jpg

post-231988-0-43011200-1413996997_thumb.jpg

Finally got sleeved yesterday!! Not an unbearable amount of pain, just tender and the has pressure. Got to have broth and sugar free Jello just now. Yummy ;)

I totally agree on no Facebook! I got rid of mine awhile ago, and I don't want to lose touch with you all!

As for the scale, I think it's totally a personal thing. I like weighing everyday! I am dreading the stall though, and I feel like I would dread it with or without the scale. My mom is one of the successful "vets" on here, and has weighed everyday since she started her pre-op (which my phone wants to auto correct to Oreos...) diet. She said now if she's up a little, she curses at the scale and moves on with her day. No matter how much you weigh in, if you are doing the program it will work! I totally agree with Kim that we should all Celebrate our other stuff! I have wrote down everything I have put in my mouth since last Wednesday, and I'm super excited about that =)

Finally got sleeved yesterday!! Not an unbearable amount of pain, just tender and the has pressure. Got to have broth and sugar free Jello just now. Yummy ;)

Congrats!!!! How did your new sleeve handle the jello and broth?

@@lovelytrl

How do you mix it? I just had it and I hated it. I guess we all have different taste.

@@lovelytrl

How do you mix it? I just had it and I hated it. I guess we all have different taste.

Where I got the recipe from was there YouTube channel. Mix your Water with the crystal light lemonade mix that up then add the Protein powder and mix that up. I had it twice and I guess because it's a different taste from what I've been drinking I enjoy it. How do you drink yours?

Hi everyone hope your having a blessed day!!

A FB group could be kept secret as well as closed to people other then this group and you could see updates as they are posted. Less confusing but I also would love to see all phases grouped together so we can support and give direction if people ask for it. :) :) Congrats on your surgery yesterday sounds as your doing well!

@@lovelytrl

I did that but mixed it in my little bullet thing. It was way to foamy. Do you add ice to yours? I will try it again since I have another packet of the strawberry. Do you like the unjury chicken Soup. I really liked it on the pre-op diet but about gagged on it yesterday when I had it.

Yeah I like the strawberry so far. I actually used my Blender Bottle with the medal mixer in the inside. It tasted like punch more than a shake

Is anyone else having cravings? I've never had pregnancy cravings, but I feel like this is what it would be like. I want bacon. I want grilled cheese. Pretty much anything savory. Just a tiny bite, but all of this relatively sweet stuff is killing me.

Is anyone else having cravings? I've never had pregnancy cravings, but I feel like this is what it would be like. I want bacon. I want grilled cheese. Pretty much anything savory. Just a tiny bite, but all of this relatively sweet stuff is killing me.

Oh yeah I want everything!

Okay, I'm okay with a FB Page as long as the name of the group has nothing to do with being sleeved or weight loss or anything, and it's completely private and you must be invited to join. Steph, maybe create an account that’s not your full name and use it just for that? OR, we could create a yahoo group ? I’m more of a fan of FB, but I’m also like everyone. I don’t want people to find out on my FB that I had surgery. Thoughts?

Yup, RM, I’m like you, I’ve been having lots of cravings. Today I’ve been having a terrible craving for beef. So I took a progressive light pot roast Soup, put it in my blender, added some beef broth, and blended that bad boy up until it was all liquid. Took care of the craving. For your bacon, the other day I took a bean bacon campbells Soup, added my double milk, and blended till liquified. Add some salt and pepper to that bad boy, yum !! I think I’ll do what Steph said when i want some cheese. That sounds good steph !

As far as my allergic reaction to the glue, I’m doing better. I take a benedryl at night and put benedryl cream on it during the day. It’s starting to turn from a reddish purple rash to a pink rash. The glue is coming off my incisions on the sides. I’m not too worried, those incisions look good (besides the rash).

Jen - It’s funny how most of the times our loved ones are more worried. I hope you have the best and greatest surgery tomorrow !!!

Deb - It’s great to see your post !! How are you doing now?? LOL @ gym ready! Steady nelly :P It’s exciting though !!

RM - I kinda felt that way too, but today everything feels better. I think we need to control our head, and let your bodies do what we are telling them to do with the food. We will lose weight. … you said it great in your post !

Susan - Great recipes ! Thanks !!!

FIRE - CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!! Keep walking girl ! I’m so happy for you !!!!!!

Hey chellede,

I e-mailed my doctor last night about the drinking more than an ounce at a time and in under 15 minutes. Hey said that while we are on liquids won't be too much of a problem, however, when we move to thicker or solid foods we have to slow down and consume less or we risk stretching the sleeve. Glad I asked. Gonna slow down now to get used to it.

Today has been my hardest day since surgery. I am 6 days post op.. I just don't want anything. I try to force myself to drink fluids and Protein but it just don't want it. This is the first day I feel nausea. I have been in bed for 70% of the day and I have no energy. I hope tomorrow will be better

@@chellede

What is double milk? Powdered milk mixed with skim milk?