Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Oct sleevers!

Question.

I picked up a Water bottle to drink in the car today and forgot to sip. I took a couple big drinks and then realized. My stomach has been hurting ever since. Do you think I stretched my sleeve? I sure hope not. :(

Chellede, I will activate my Facebook for you lol. Do you want to make the Facebook group?

Kim, great info on the water! Thanks!

Athomas, I'm sorry you feel so bad! I'm having a rough time today too. Not getting in enough calories is starting to wear on me!

Meyers, I'm not sure if it would or not. I forgot earlier today and took a big drink too... It didn't feel that great. It's so strange when you have to change something so simple, like the way you drink.

Edited by stephh

@@athomas125 - you need your fluids. Even if it's just Water, gatorade, power aid, or a glass of skim milk. Something ! You need your energy.

@@shmeyers, yeah, it's 1 cup mootopia (12 grams of protein) and 1/3 cup of milk powder (8 grams of protein). An easy way to add Protein.

@@Kimberly_R - Great to know ! I asked mine today as well. They said the only reason for the restrictions is for healing processes. It has nothing to do with weight. She told me the goal was to get to 5 to 6 meals a day, so if I take my time, I'm okay to do so. I cut back today to a 1/2 cup of Soup instead of a full cup. In fact I feel better eating only 1/2.

Susan, no ! you didn't stretch your sleeve, but you felt it, huh !! We are not really going to know the restrictions of our stomachs until we start eating solid foods. With a big swig, you kind of felt the restriction. Which is good. that's why we did what we do. Now we know not to do that LOL HUGS, do not worry about it !

haha Steph !! Lets hold on and see what happens and see how everyone feels :D

ATTENTION EVERYONE

I care about all of you, so sorry if this is TMI, but I want to make sure we are all doing well ...

Is everyone peeing and having bowel movements ? Your pee should be light yellow to clear, bowel movements every couple of days if not every day, and may be thin because of our liquid diets.

Just keeping it really and making sure everyone is healthy !

@@chellede

Thanks so much. Crazy, I was sitting in the car, waiting to pick up my daughter and didn't even think about taking a big old swig of Water, :o

@@chellede

Lol. Pee has been clear until I took that big gulp of Water and stopped drinking. It was yellow. I guess I need to start sipping again. Milk of magnesia REALLY works if you haven't had a bowel movement. I over did it and have had bad stuff for the past 3 days. Yuck, I want it to feel normal. All sorts of adjustments lol. :wacko:

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, but I do read all the post. I'm just getting ready for it all....

1st day of liquid diet today and it's been awful. I'm sure glad I have all of you ahed of me in the game. It keeps me going. I also would like to do the fb group of its private

Thanks all this is a great group

I would definitely do the private fb group. It is hard to keep track of everything and this app doesn't work well on my phone.

@@Lazy_Lizzy, liquids are not easy, you will feel like a fish in a fishbowl. Lol. Constantly drinking, walking & blowing into the spirometer (at least I have to do that) & to boot get THREE SHOTS OF HEPRIN A DAY...OUCH! (Dr said he recommends this for all patients to prevent blood clots). So I feel your pain.

Recording my drinks helps to keep me in line. I'm also allowed Soups like cream of mushroom, Tomato & squash Soup. I also put some unflavored Protein Powder by Unjury in my Decaf coffee, surprisingly good. Good luck

I'm not a huge fan of Fb but I will do what the majority decides. Seems like if the filters aren't set right, people can have access to our info, but I'll leave it to you Techy's to figure it out for us, if that's the route we go. Personally, Bariatricpal is my new Fb. Haven't really checked my Fb page in weeks!

I picked up a baby food grinder today. Getting ready for thanksgiving lol. I will be allowed ground up meat by then. I also picked up some sippy cups, they are supposed to help with the Protein smell if it bothers you.

post-231988-0-60000800-1414025105_thumb.jpg

post-231988-0-07063500-1414025434_thumb.jpg

I will also follow the group. Couldn't do without my bari buddies. :D

Hi Everyone, Im not a Facebook fan but will try it for the group contact.

I had a long day at work today. I fell sore and exhausted.

I was cleared for soft and mushies yesterday. I had 3/4 of a scrambled egg and felt stuffed, had 3 oz of tuna in oil because I dont care for mayo. It was great. I was surprised I could eat the 3 ounces.