Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well...I did it. I am two days post-op and feel like I have been hit by a freight train. The pains in my stomach are terrible. In the hospital, I vomited twice because of the pain medicine and that was a horrible feeling. I took my bandages off today. Two of my incisions have some oozing, but they will be alright. I didn't realize how sore I was going to be. Hopefully it will go away in a couple of days. How long before I start to feel "normal" again?

Tina:eek:

awwee Tina...so sorry....I know it is quite a shock to your system especially after you have had so much anticipation waiting for it!!! It gets better every day and always day two and three are the worst!! Sorry you threw up...that must have felt aweful...try to walk...I know EVERYONE says that...but it really does help...Deanna

Thanks, guys. I'm actually feeling a lot better today...just having some dizzy spells. I'm sure in a day or two I'll be back to my same old self. I appreciate the suggestion of walking...I'm trying to get a lot of that in.

Tina

Hi Tina

I'm one-week post op today (thursday) - woo hoo - and feeling great.

Walking helps a lot, even swinging your arms over your head - anything to get the gas moving around. Heating pads helped tremendously and don't forget an ice pack on your belly.

Good luck and hope you feel better.

Lauralee

Hello Tina~

I am also 1 week post-op today. I must say the worse for me wasn't the first few days but these last two. Gas-X strips were a God-send post op and really helped move my gas pains along. I also did alot of walking. What got me was that I went back to work this past monday and broth and Jello just DO NOT give you much energy. The first day was okay but by Tuesday and Wednesday I felt like I was dragging BADLY!:faint: I hate broth and will never ever ever drink it again if I don't have to. I know most people take off a week which I would certainly recommend (I just don't have that luxury) but take it as easy as you can. Today I started full liquids and my Tomato Soup this morning was the BOMB. Never thought it could taste so good. Also started my Vitamins and Protein. I have also realized that most of the time when I felt hungry it was in my brain and not in my stomach.

Just listen to your body and do as your Doctor says. Each day will get better and better!

Jodi

Thanks...things seem to be getting better every day. I just realized that I will still be on Clear Liquids on Mother's Day. I'm going to call my surgeon and see if I can eat a little something to Celebrate...I will only be shy by one day. It should be alright.

I have been out of work for a week now and I'm not going back on Monday. My doctor told me two weeks, but I'm going to play it by ear. I hate to be out for so long and use so much leave, but if I'm not comfortable yet, then I'm not going back. I can literally hear the air in my stomach and at times it takes my breath away. It happens more when I am sitting up and that's what I do all day at work, so...I'm just going to take it easy.

I appreciate all of your suggestions and advise. One more question...what Vitamins did your doctor put you on after the surgery. My doctor said that he always recommends a multi-Vitamin for anyone (not just weight loss patients) but the nurse told me to take these Vitamins that gastric bypass patients take for absorbtion reasons. I haven't opened them yet and if I can, I may take them back. What is everyone else taking? Thanks!!!

Tina

YEAH Tina,

Welcome to BANDLAND:clap2: :clap2: :gluck: You will be sore for a few days but each day gets better. In terms of Vitamins I take Centrum Advanced Formula Multivitamin/Multimineral chewables Tablets, Orange Flavor. Take care!!!

Hi, Tanya...thanks!

This week hasn't been the best, but I know that it will only get better. I really would love something mushy tonight, but I'll be good and wait until two weeks. broth gets old real quick. Hey...anyone know how I set up the ticker at the bottom to show weight loss? Thanks!

Tina

I must admit I did go to mushies before my 2 weeks was up. I just did a creamy Soup blended at lunch, couldnt do much more than that.

To create your Ticker go to the website

www.tickerfactory.com

you will have to copy the url and then go under usercp on this site and under your signature you will paste it into that area.

Thanks everyone. I am feeling much better. I went back to work yesterday for a half a day and I'm back again today for a half a day. The only problem that I really encountered yesterday was that two of my incision sites started leaking (and I was wearing a pink shirt...not pretty). Today I'm wearing black in case it happens again. Anyway...I appreciate all of the feedback. Since starting my pre-op diet (4/16/07), I have lost 24 pounds. I'm very excited and looking forward to this very long journey.

Tina

Tina,

I was thinking about you this morning. Glad to hear you are coming along. Good luck to you.

Tina I'm only sorry I didn't get to post here when you were closer to your post surgery days. The patch that is used for nausea during transportation helped tremendously as I too was nauseated. I'm glad you are doing well. You sound great!