Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have had really slow weight loss since I have had the surgery. Hit my 2 month anniversary yesterday and I have only lost about 30 lbs. I decided it was time to chart my food intake...protein, carb, fat and total calories. Hated to do it but I needed to figure out why I have not been as successful as others I see in this site. After only one day of charting I was shocked at my final tally for the day. 800-900 calories, which I think is in the ok range, but only 56% Protein and 36% carbs! Balance was fat%. So guess I will be watching the carbs much better from now on. I think that may be my issue with the dismal weight loss I have had to date. Funny how those carbs sneak up on you!

Good work on tracking your food intake. Just wanted to say that 15lbs/month is awesome! Congrats on your weight loss to date.

MAke sure your honest with yourself when tracking. I actually will over estimate im not sure. I have found that a ratio of 33% across the board works very well. Make sure those carbs are of the complex variety. For example, I eat a 1/4 cantalope and a hand full of cherries or grapes everyday. With the changing seaeon of fruit I will have to switch it up soon. One has to watch it with fruit but it makes a good snack and there are many great choices. I have also found that a couple small servings a day keep with blood sugar in check. BEing hypoglycemic (Spelling) is no fun.

2 month anniversary only lost about 30 lbs

@@jjinWA

good for you on losing 30 lbs :)

OMG

we all need to lose the word ONLY from our vocabulary

there is no such thing as losing ONLY X amount of weight

all weight loss is great :)

the "average" amount of weight people lose monthly is "about" 10 lbs

some lose a little less, others lose a little more

there is no EXACT amount of weight everyone will lose weekly, monthly

you should keep track of your measurements periiodically

there are times that your "weight Loss" shows up more with decreasing measurements, not the # on the scale

the "comment" here on the board is, you didn't go to bed one night carrying an extra 100 lbs, you won't wake up the next morning minus 100bs

keeping track of your food on for example MFP (my fitness pal) is wonderful :)

you will then see those carbs, Protein et all add up

you are 2 months PO - and IMO you are doing great

keep up the good work for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

So, how many carbs should you be getting a day? I seen it all over the place. I was told not more than 30 per meal, but that is almost 100 per day!! That sounds like a lot!! 90 g of Protein per day, and 64 oz of Water every day. I was sleeved on 6/30 and have lost 34 lbs, but wonder if I would lose more if I ate less carbs.

I am headed to my support group tonight which is headed up by my NUT. I am going to ask her two things. 1. How many carbs should we eat each day. 2. If I make a smoothie in the morning I am alarmed at the carbs that count up due to the fruit in the smoothie. Are these carbs acceptable if it is in combination with high Protein ( I add Protein powder which tallies up to 24 grams).

I will let you know what she says. I know the Protein requirements and the Water requirements, but this carb thing has be stumped.

Have had really slow weight loss since I have had the surgery. Hit my 2 month anniversary yesterday and I have only lost about 30 lbs. I decided it was time to chart my food intake...protein, carb, fat and total calories. Hated to do it but I needed to figure out why I have not been as successful as others I see in this site. After only one day of charting I was shocked at my final tally for the day. 800-900 calories, which I think is in the ok range, but only 56% Protein and 36% carbs! Balance was fat%. So guess I will be watching the carbs much better from now on. I think that may be my issue with the dismal weight loss I have had to date. Funny how those carbs sneak up on you!

This is great to know! I will be charting after I have my procedure because I've read numerous post of charting vs not..... Good luck to you and I hope that you begin to see the results you desire asap :)

I feel a bit better after talking to my NUT. She said 50% Protein, 35-40% carb and 15-10% fat is a pretty good balance and to keep calories around 1000 per day. Carbs should be complex and not via white foods... bread, pastas, etc. She said we need carbs and a diet too low in carbs could be the reason for my stall. If I get the required protein and Water in each day, and stay close to 1000 calories, the rest should just fall into place. She said not to obsess about it... Which is what I am doing. So I am going to relax and just stay on course. The weight will come off when it comes off!

First, 30 lbs in 2 months is good. Everyone is different & your weight loss has been very good. I'm 3 months out & have lost about 48 lbs. I'm currently in a "stall" but I do this a lot. I will loose for a couple of days & then nothing for a couple of days. We are all different so don't get discouraged. I've lost a lot of inches. Yay!!

I use MFP during the day because it has the calorie/carb/protein information. In the afternoon I transfer the information to my Diet Minder & see if I'm short on calories or Protein or over on my carbs. I allow 50 grams of carbs per day. Sometimes I go over but I try not to. Carbs are my biggest enemy. I get in about 800 to 1000 calories & 60+ Proteins a day. Keeping track of what I eat keeps me in check as to what I put in my mouth.

Good luck with your journey.

First, 30 lbs in 2 months is good. Everyone is different & your weight loss has been very good. I'm 3 months out & have lost about 48 lbs. I'm currently in a "stall" but I do this a lot. I will loose for a couple of days & then nothing for a couple of days. We are all different so don't get discouraged. I've lost a lot of inches. Yay!! I use MFP during the day because it has the calorie/carb/protein information. In the afternoon I transfer the information to my Diet Minder & see if I'm short on calories or Protein or over on my carbs. I allow 50 grams of carbs per day. Sometimes I go over but I try not to. Carbs are my biggest enemy. I get in about 800 to 1000 calories & 60+ Proteins a day. Keeping track of what I eat keeps me in check as to what I put in my mouth. Good luck with your journey.

Agree totally with your comments. Your weight loss is great! Congrats! I can only hope I will get to 48 lbs! Seems impossible goal at the moment. :-)

I do a 40/30/30 ratio. But I typically get over 40% Protein. I eat closer to 1200 calories on workout days (most days I am in there at least an hour to two, depending on what I am doing). But this is what works for me. Start tweaking - use My Fitness Pal, see what works, what doesn't.

Also 30 lbs in 2 months is great. It's not going to magically drop off! It's gonna go in fits and spurts. But it will come off. :)