Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100% REGRET THIS SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY

I'm so sorry that you are regretting your decision but completely understand why. It's not an easy one to make and to have this happen must be soul destroying your beautiful girl. And you must be so uncomfortable too. I don't know what to say other than I hope you get through this soon

I was sleeved 5/28 so I am about 10-11 weeks post op. I also had a hernia repair done the same time I was sleeved, but I haven't had any complications other then ALOT of heartburn. I mean I even get it if I just drink water:(

I'm sorry u are having a lot of complications an I hope that everything turns around for u

Are you feeling any better today? I hope you are healing and soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to hear your story. I just revised from band to sleeve on 8/12. I had my band for 9 years and I also had a hiatal hernia. What was slated as a 90 minute surgery took 3.5 hours. Recovery with my band was simple, I got the surgery on a Thursday, was at an Easter egg hunt on Sunday and started a new job that following Tuesday. I expected similar pain...boy was I wrong! I am 6 days out and I have been up walking...not strenuous, but about a mile at moderate speed. I have been getting about 40-60 grams of Protein in via shakes, hi-protein chicken broth, hi-protein Jello, and Isopure--by far the Jello goes down the easiest and thinner liquids hurt. My problem is sudden, shooting pains in my sides and my groin. It feels like a cramp, but doesn't tense and then ease it is just tense....heating pad helps some and I have been popping Gas x and prescription heartburn meds.

What are theses sharp pains and when will they subside? Sometimes the belly binder helps and sometimes hurts. My stomach looks like I am 6 mos prenant and was even asked such when in the grocery store! I do not regret my decision, I just want to get moving...please advise.

P.S. My post-op follow-up is Thursday and I still have a drain in place.

Happy to hear you overcame your complications.

I can somewhat relate. I was sleeved almost 3 months ago. I was let go from the hospital after a day but struggled to keep "food" in (Water only the first few days). My problem was a combination of swelling and pain meds making me nauseous. The dr prescribed a steroid to reduce swelling but the Water only stayed down when I stopped taking the pain meds (err switched to over the counter Tylenol actually)

I am sorry to hear your struggles and share them with you. I had surgery on Tuesday 8/12 and the exact same thing happened to me. My issues resolved all of a sudden yesterday however. I was seriously regretting the surgery all week as I struggled with the nausea, vomiting, and not being able to take anything by mouth. Even my own saliva made me want to throw up so I kept spitting it up.. My surgeon told me I had swelling in my stomach pouch due to surgery and that it was completely blocked preventing me from holding anything in. All I can say is that I hope you get better and that it doesn't resort to full bypass simply because that was not your plan. Best of luck to you..

Really sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you feel better very soon. I wanted to share with you that I can understand how you feel as I ended up staying in the hospital for a week. I was sleeved on a Tuesday (5/6) and my surgeon also repaired a hiatal hernia. Unfortunately after I got to my room, I was unable to swallow ANYTHING. I was literally sitting with a small bucket spitting nonstop and threw up a few times. I went for daily barium swallows and thought I would die of a heart attack every time I drank the liquid barium. I would break out in cold sweat with a shooting pain in my esophagus. Initially an NG tube was inserted to see if it would alleviate me but by Friday, I was rolled down for another surgery. Basically they found out that my esophagus had moved up post op and never went back down and this was due to my reaction to the anesthesia. I had woken up from it heaving very violently. Net is that my bariatric surgery was a success but I just need to be aware that I don't do well with anesthesia so require an anti emetic for surgery. I share this to encourage you to have hope and my prayers are with you. Please continue to keep us posted.

Edited by QueenA

I've had problems also, not like yours. Hope you are doing well. Let us know how things go. Maybe all will be will after this?

@@IM.ON.MY.WEIGH.DOWN, how are you feeling today? any better?

Today started out not too good but I was determined to try to take something in and what do u know i consumed a whole Protein Shake within a few hours..Thank you all sooooooo much for your prayers and well wishes. I dont know what more is ahead during this journey but I can tell u that the surgery to put the stents in tomorrow has been cancelled and im going home instead...Thanks Again Everyone Your Support Meant Everything

SO glad you're doing better and that you don't need the stents! Please keep updating us on your progress, and I look forward to hearing that you don't regret the surgery after all. I think it's important to those that come after us to keep these threads up to date, especially if we've turned around a difficult situation. Thanks for letting us know how you feel!

Sounds rough. I am 3 weeks away from my surgery. Take care. I hope it all figures itself out soon. Perhaps one day you will look back and think that all your pain was worth it.

@@jessiquoi Thanks for asking Today started out not too good but I was determined to try to take something in and what do u know i consumed a whole Protein Shake within a few hours..Thank you all sooooooo much for your prayers and well wishes. I dont know what more is ahead during this journey but I can tell u that the surgery to put the stents in tomorrow has been cancelled and im going home instead...Thanks Again Everyone Your Support Meant Everything

Great news! Hope every day gets better and better!