Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, new to this just thought id share... Its been two days since my surgery.. Recovering very well but having Trouble wanting to eating anything.. Anything I do try to swallow makes me want to spew.. Can any one give me a rough idea on how long it took for you to feel some what human again... I braved the shops today.. Although I had to sit down numerous times.. Just finding it hard with a two year old ! Thanks for reading

Congrats ! Welcome to the other side !! As far as I know , you are NOT supposed to be eating anything !! 2 says post op you should only be on liquids , like chicken broth, Protein Shakes, flavored waters, etc . Probably for 1-2 weeks ! Why are you eating ? Also , you should NOT be out at the shops 2 days post op , chasing a busy 2 yr old. You are supposed to be home resting for several days, with drinking fluids and gentle walking in the house. ALL of the above is to make sure you heal properly after surgery.. Did'nt your Dr. explain all of this to you ????

Congrats and exactly what she said...you can't eat this soon!!!

I possibly could of worded that better.. Blame the oxynorm .. Yeah I didn't mean real food.. Jelly.. chicken broth ETC I'm having trouble with.. My body says no ! But I know it is important to try so having a bit here and there.. A bit scared to try the chewable Multi Vitamins yet though.. But I'm very in considerate family where cooking bacon this morning and my stomach grumbled so I managed a cup off tea :)

As for rest .. My two year old is autistic and relies on me so just doing my best to keep him happy even with Mum and Nan baby sitting.... Had a very emotional day from the stress from it all.. My Mum thinks I should be recovered by now .. I've shouted at them both because I feel like I got no support at all

They think that only after two days that you should have recovered by now? It took me 5 days to get to where I am now and I still a bit of pain.. So I'd say a week before getting back to normal with everything!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.. Been called a sook and all sorts.. It's not to bad just one side is very sore below the incision site which is strange.. I expected it to be a lot worse .. Watching cartoons with the little man isn't all that bad :)

I think I wish my family had just been more involved with the process and actually looked at the information I was given .. Then they would understand more .. I think that's why I looked for a forum like this because no one understands really on my end

You need 4 to 6 weeks to completely recover! Wth? Are they serious ..I didn't do anything but rest, walk, and take care of myself for a week!

Dead serious.. My main helper decided drinking wine last night was.more important.. So I had little one kicking me in my bed because he wouldn't sleep last night then this morning I've had to get up, .. 12 hours since pain killers mind you.. Make little one a bottle and change bum .. Whilst she's promptly come through made herself a tea .. Not even asked if I'm ok.. And gone and sat to watch tele.. Lucky I'm a tough cookie but it's starting to get to me a bit..could be worse can't imagine having this done with 2 or 3 kids to look after.. Honestly felt faint this morning... I'm definitely complaining to much.. Got to look forward to the, positives .. So just wondering what did you guys eat / swallow lol for brekkie after 4 days post OP.. Don't feel like jelly or broth .. And definitely not ice lollies.. Just had a cuppa but stomach is growling ! :)

Thanks for listening .. So lovely to have people to vent to :)

I do good with food but it's Water that makes me want to spew :(

Apple juice I'm enjoying

I'm so sorry that your support system is lacking. That first liquid stage was the worst..when you get to full liquids it should be better for you.