Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here, any October/ November Sleevers?

Hi all! What a great site! I had 3 doc visits and just met my surgeon las week. No date yet, I have to get an. EKG , labs, psych visit, 2 support group visits, upper endoscopy,sonogram of Abdomen and a nutrition consult... I mad all the appointments yesterday!! I have a 6 month wait for my ins co need to be monitored first by pop.. I'm 248 lbs at 5'1 and been heavy all my life! I'm 39 yrs old and very healthy, on no meds... Anyone wanna be buddies??

Hi there, I'm new here too. Tentative surg date is Sept 16...freaking a little as it gets closer! I'm nervous about the 2 week pre op liquid diet. Anyone have any fav Protein Shakes?

I had to wait 6 mos. too-finished all pre op tests, just 2 more nutritionist visits. YIKES!

I am new to this thread too. I have one more weight management class to take and a few more drs to see and we are shooting for a September surgery.

Had my first consultation with surgeon yesterday.. Date set for October 8 ... Nervous today I'm wondering if I made the right decision. My husband is not being supportive ... Told me I'm losing my mind all I need to do is diet and exercise ... But the truth is I'm tired of failing. At 270 , 5"3 31 years old two small children ... I need to feel good about life and myself . Hopefully I'll start getting excited soon ... To many Debbie downers around me

Hi there, I'm new here too. Tentative surg date is Sept 16...freaking a little as it gets closer! I'm nervous about the 2 week pre op liquid diet. Anyone have any fav Protein Shakes? <br> I had to wait 6 mos. too-finished all pre op tests, just 2 more nutritionist visits. YIKES!

Nice to meet you Lucrezia! I'm just learning of the Protein shakes ... I have no clue lol we will have to look into it and ask on here... I'm sure there's lots of suggestions! I'm so tired of being heavy, it's like a dream to me this surgery and I'm nervous but so tired of diets and gaining weigh back my whole life!

I am new to this thread too. I have one more weight management class to take and a few more drs to see and we are shooting for a September surgery.

Hi lose4life2, nice to meet you !

I cannot wait to do this, I feel hungry all the time and need stop eating so much! I'm always hungry !

Had my first consultation with surgeon yesterday.. Date set for October 8 ... Nervous today I'm wondering if I made the right decision. My husband is not being supportive ... Told me I'm losing my mind all I need to do is diet and exercise ... But the truth is I'm tired of failing. At 270 , 5"3 31 years old two small children ... I need to feel good about life and myself . Hopefully I'll start getting excited soon ... To many Debbie downers around me

Hi AniaNJ82,

Nice to meet you! I also have to small children and I'm 39 but I'm tired of this struggle since I'm 10 yrs old ! My husband for years has said this to me as we'll..he doesn't get why I can't just diet and work out ( he forgets I've been doin that for 25 years to lose but always gain it back.. IM TIRED IF FAILING TOO!!!) It's hard for people to understand that over eating and food addictions is a disease and I believe a disease should be treated with a medical cure, and that medical cure IS surgery! Surgery is no easy way out, it is a tool but we have to work at it because it can be sabotaged with milkshakes, Cookies and other bad diode known as " slider foods"very easily.. I don't do drugs , smoke or drink but i'm a food addict and so I believe we will always be struggling with addiction!

Your young and you are doing the right thing for your kids and your future!

Your husband needs to realize you wouldn't be doing this if you didn't have too! You need to go what's fight for You!

My husband now is still nervous but he gets it now finally where I a coming from cause this big mana ain't turning back lol so you have support from me girlfriend I ain't no Debbie Downer!

Hi all! What a great site! I had 3 doc visits and just met my surgeon las week. No date yet, I have to get an. EKG , labs, psych visit, 2 support group visits, upper endoscopy,sonogram of Abdomen and a nutrition consult... I mad all the appointments yesterday!! I have a 6 month wait for my ins co need to be monitored first by pop.. I'm 248 lbs at 5'1 and been heavy all my life! I'm 39 yrs old and very healthy, on no meds... Anyone wanna be buddies??

Hi I am new too went to my first class now have my first appointment on August 5. I hope it doesn't take 6 months I just want to get it done my BMI is under what it should be but I have a lot of other health issues so my doctor thinks that I might qualify this waiting to find out is the hard part

Nice to meet you Lucrezia! I'm just learning of the Protein Shakes ... I have no clue lol we will have to look into it and ask on here... I'm sure there's lots of suggestions! I'm so tired of being heavy, it's like a dream to me this surgery and I'm nervous but so tired of diets and gaining weigh back my whole life!

Hi NYgirl! I'm a Jersey girl, myself...lol. I hear you, so sick of the diet roller coaster. However, I'm really looking forward to the day I can ride an ACTUAL roller coaster again if I feel like it! ????

I'm new too :-) i have my first appointment at my surgeon on thursday. Really excited to get the process moving!

Hi all. I'm tentatively scheduled for November 11. Im so excited. Not looking forward to the pre op diet.

Hi all. I'm tentatively scheduled for November 11. Im so excited. Not looking forward to the pre op diet though. I will get through it. Have a couple more tests and classes.

Hi! I'm new to the thread as well, still trying to figure out how to navigate this on my phone. Anyway, I'm 5'0 245lbs. I had my consult and first of three dietary consults. I have my psych eval on Wednesday and then all I need is my endoscopy. I'm supposed to be sleeved around thanksgiving or so. I'm super nervous and excited! Ive got 25lbs to lose before surgery.

Hi. We're right near each other. Im scheduled for November 11.

Hello everybody, I've got my surgery booked for October the 9th. I'm self pay and from the UK. I'm traveling to Belgium for the surgery because it is more affordable and have a world class surgeon. My husband is luke warm about the whole thing but has accepted that I think it is right for me. He obviously doesn't want to talk about it though. So I am feeling quite alone about the whole thing. I will be on my own doing the surgery. My husband is looking after the children. I could do with some friends during this process.

I'm 5,6 and 216 pounds and 39.