Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREEN SALAD

i was wondering if anyone has any trouble eating salad? sometimes lettuce is a little hard to digest and i am a little hesitant to try it? but i would love a salad with grilled chicken. i am not much of a meat eater and mixing it in salad was always a good way to get my protein- before banded. thanks.

Hi Susan. Sometimes I can do salads and other times I can't. I like to buy the prebagged stuff (because I'm lazy) and it seems now there are a few brands that do a finely chopped version (I buy the Dole one). I find I can tolerate the finely chopped better than the regular bagged salads. Of course, chopping that up finely would work, too. I usually put a little sliced avocado in it with some fat free blue cheese dressing. I love when my band will tolerate it because it's delicious. Sometimes, it just doesn't go down well though.

I do not have any problems eating salad. I eat one usually everyday. For lunch I mix grilled chicken that is already precooked. I have learned that in order to know if you can eat something, you just have to try it. Everyone is different. I cannot eat turkey lunch meat where I see others can. I hope this helps.

I use either iceberg lettuce or spinach leaves to make a salad with grilled chicken breasts. I never had problems with salads, but I am very careful to chew carefully! But, everyone's band fills and tolerances are different, so it hard to make a general rule that fits all.

like an earlier post i have my days where i can eat them no probs and others where it's just not going to happen.. I suggest trying one in the comfort of your own home :) but my NUT says a lot of folks have trouble but then every one is different

just keep to the rules.. that is usually where i really have trouble.

Occasionly I have trouble getting a piece of lettuce down, but I still eat salads because I love them, especialy with grilled chicken , sliced strawberries, a few almonds, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, with a tiny bit of honey mustard dressing on the side. Yummmmm. Also I try to avoid fast food but if im out and need a healthy lunch/ dinner, Mcdonalds has a really good bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken . Since I can only eat half of one , its about 200-300 cals.