Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill amount Poll

I am looking forward to my first fill and am anxious to hear how much the average fill is for the 4cc band.

Mine was 1 cc on April 12th. I go back in a couple of weeks for another fill, .25, I think or maybe its .50 can't remember. I personally have not felt much difference, but some people do. In some ways this second month has been the hardest. Thats because I'm completely healed from surgery have my appetite back, yet dont fell the restrictions yet. Its definatly a will power challenge!

My first fill was 1.5 and it really didn't do much. I am now at 2.0 and I still don't see much difference. I am hoping fill #3 is going to be the one that makes me start losing!

I had 1cc on April 18. I've noticed a little bit of difference. I can't go back for another fill until at least 6 weeks.

My first fill was 1.2cc, and I ended up having .7 removed, leaving me with .5. I then had .5 put in 2 weeks later. Last Thursday, they added another .5, and I spent yesterday getting sick every 5-10 minutes. It's all been removed now.

Some people have tons of swelling after a fill....from now on, my fills will be in increments of .3, after I have .8 put back in a week from Monday.

Don't be in a huge hurry to have a big fill...you just don't know how you're going to react.

I'm glad to hear that I am not alone. I felt very disapointed after my first fill....I had 1 or 1.5cc. I have no difference except the fact that I am having a hard time eating toast or crackers. Its kind of a scary feeling.

This is totally still my own will power......and....I'm OK with that for now.

Amen to that! Its been all will power for me too this past two months. And some people think getting a lap band is the easy way out, yeah right!!!

Amen to that! Its been all will power for me too this past two months. And some people think getting a lap band is the easy way out, yeah right!!!

It's been total willpower for me. I was banded 12-29 and have hardly lost anything. I do everything everyone tells me to do-exercise like crazy, eat tiny meals, Protein first, drink over 64 oz of Water and the scale never move. But if I eat some type of carb, I can gain 3 lbs over night. I know there is 3500 calories to gain a lb, but that doesn't seem to make one bit of difference to me.

My first fill was 1.25 cc's, and I only got minimal change---I was forced to slow down is about all. I went back 4 weeks later and was given .50cc's. I didn't hold much faith in it, I thought if 1.25 didn't make much change, what would 1/2 a cc do???? Boy was I wrong! That little tweak, made a world of change! I got restriction! I have been riding that fill for going on 10 months!!!!!

Kat

I just had my first fill on 4/28 and she put in 2cc's on my 5cc band and i feel no restriction? What is wrong with me? Could it have anything to do with the fact I had a lower BMI when i began than most patients? I'm unfortunately able to consume anything including small bites of steak or salads, pita bread, etc..I understand will power does come into play I'm just curious about those of you who have alot of restriction with much less of a fill? Any help is greatly appreciated!

My first fill was 1.5cc in my 4cc band. Up to my fourth fill now at 3.5cc and finally got some restriction. Not sure if it's my sweetspot or not but doing much better now. Everyone is different and for me it has taken a lot to get where I am! Good luck to all!

Kim

Banded 1/26/07

Dr Spivak - Houston

236/203/165

.png

I voted "other" because my dr actually won't tell me how much of a fill I get. He said it's just enough for me, and he doesn't want me to compare myself to others. I wanted to know, but I guess I'm ok with his answer..lol. :)