Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill amount Poll

I have stop seeing the doctors that whisk me as fast as they can only to ask ...can you reat a chicken breast and thats the magice question

if you can you get a fill if you can't no fill for you today well I went to the feed store and got my own same size needles and serenges and usr eye saline and have had not one problem I know when I b=need a fill and give it to my self on a empty stomach and i done even have to leave the house and wast gas right now I have a 2.4 in and am ding fine

thisis the only way I could aford this whole plann as united health care is no longer my carrier good luck to you all

I have stop seeing the doctors that whisk me as fast as they can only to ask ...can you reat a chicken breast and thats the magice question

if you can you get a fill if you can't no fill for you today well I went to the feed store and got my own same size needles and serenges and usr eye saline and have had not one problem I know when I b=need a fill and give it to my self on a empty stomach and i done even have to leave the house and wast gas right now I have a 2.4 in and am ding fine

thisis the only way I could aford this whole plann as united health care is no longer my carrier good luck to you all

stacey-IMHO-I think this could pose serious issues, for you and your band. Do you have any medical training in your background? I thought that "eye saline" has more chemicals than what is used medically as sterile saline. What would happen if you get a leak and your body absorbs this?????

I personally can not afford to experiment on my band, I would rather pay as I go for fills than to pay for another band.

Wow, Stacey, I'm glad you're OK but seriously, doing one's own fills is NOT recommended. We've had medical professionals say that even they wouldn't do their own fills. You're setting yourself up for potentially serious problems down the road.

Please think twice before ever giving yourself another fill, no matter what you're doing it with (and I agree that eye saline is less than a good idea on several levels). There is a limit to how much your body can take; it's not just a matter of forever adding more Fluid and losing more weight. Sure fills are expensive, but the professional followup is necessary for banding health and success.

Stacey, I was in an ER with a very severe over fill and no Dr. would unfill me, I was dehydrated,tired from air travel,blood pressure was up,in severe pain,nausiated,I had to spit in a bag any saliva, and was dry heaving and gaging. I said that I would sign a release not to hold them responsable and they still made my husband drive me 60 miles away to another ER where an experianced Dr. could unfill me. I know! I couldn't believe it either but I guess if you jab youre tubing and cause a leak, back to surgery you go and that could be much more costly. I hope you reconsider your options, maybe there is a Radiologist that is use to accessing ports that would fill you at a better cost?????

Guest ZenGarden

I got banded on March 28, 2007 and got my first fill (1.5 cc's) on May 16. I don't really feel that much different, although it is difficult to eat bread/crackers, etc. My band holds 10 cc's total, and I'm surprised that I'm seeing posts of others who have bands that only hold 4cc's. I thought there was only one type of band manufactured.

I was told that I have a 10cm size band, and that it will hold about 5ml/cc total.... after fill #2, I now have a fill amount of 1.6ml/cc. Good luck to all!

I HAVE A 10CC BAND AND ON 5/24/07 I GOT MY FIRST FILL AND SINCE THEN I HAVE FELT A LITTLE RESTRICTION BUT NOW AFTER ALMOST 2 WEEKS I DON'T...... MY DOCTOR SAID HE PUT IN 1CC AND HE WOULD SEE ME IN 3 MNTS UNLESS I FELT THAT I NEEDED ANOTHER FILL

4/2/07 BEGIN PRE OP DIET 340

4/17/07 SURGERY DATE 320

5/24/07 1ST FILL 300

6/5/07 294 YEAH

i had my first fill yesterday 6-4-07, my doctor put in 1 cc. i asked for more, but she said that is all you can have for a first fill. she putme on liquids for 2 days and then pureed for the next 3 to 4 days. i am still feeling hungry (probably because of the liquids) so i hope when its time to go back to solids i feel some kind of restriction.:clap2:

I had my first fill of 1.2 yesterday and I'm STARVING. I had a little 'gurgle' at the time of the fill when the dr. had me drink Water, so I'm hoping that in the next few days, I will feel some restriction. Of course I am only on liquids for 5 days so that has something to do with being hungry. :cool: Since I am leaving for 6 weeks and wouldn't be near my doctor, I really wanted him to err on the side of 'not enough' vs. 'too much'.

I was banded on April 9, 2007 I just had my 5th fill and am now at 3cc. I finally feel restricted!!! Praise God!! I did not think it would ever start working. It looks like I have found my sweet spot everyone talks about and I am on my way!!!!

On my follow-up visit with my surgeon, I asked her about the size of my band and she acted very miffed that I'd ask her a question like that! :oShe said to concentrate on eating properly and not the size of the band. She did finally tell me that I had a small one. So, since that happened, and I was very embarrassed, I did not ask how much of a fill I got the first time. All she told me is that she was giving me a good-sized fill. Other than this, she is just a wonderful doctor.:)

Wow, I got 5 cc's on my first fill, and I only barely feel it. I don't know how big my band was to start out with, but the nurse definitely filled a whole syringe. Even with the 5 in, I really only feel restriction in the morning and I'm back to normal capacity at night. Anyone heard of it taking that long? I feel like I must have a gargantuan stomach if most people get a 'sweet spot' at around 2 cc's!

I have a 5 cc b and and the dr put in .9 of a cc.

I have had 2.3 cc and that is TIGHT FOR ME

TJ HRERE I COME FOR ANOTHER 1.0 cc

I can 't stand this

I got my first fill on june 29th he gave me 1cc it did nothing for me I'm doing the will power thing also. I go back on the 19th for another fill, I hope this one won't hurt like the first one. I also hope it will help me fill full. good luck to all