Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and reading thru the wealth of information in your posts as I embark on my weight loss journey.

A little bit about myself...

I'm 33 yrs old

single mom of 2 boys (8 & 9 yrs old... My body had no break lol)

my heaviest was 256lbs

I currently weigh 238 lbs (which is what I used to weigh when I was 9 months pregnant)

My goal is 120 - 130lbs. Originally it was 150 but I think I can be less and still feel good about myself.

I lost the first 20 lbs when I ended my relationship and moved = major reduction in stress and more sleep, I was only sleeping like 2-3 hours a night if I was lucky due to school and work.

I attended the mandatory orientation for my bariatric surgery program on June 18th. I had my initial consultation with my surgeon on June 23rd. I met with the dietician on July 24th. I will met with the psychiatrist on Aug 13th. After the required psych visit I can submit to insurance for approval. Once approved, I'm looking to have the surgery about 2 months later so I can get coverage for work, but have the procedure before the end of the year.

I know there is a lot of work involved! I'm ready to do whatever it takes, but I'm only human and it helps to have support from those who really know what ur going thru. I'm lucky to have a few coworkers that had the Roux Y gastric bypass and are around18 months out or more. Although the sleeve is different, they are a great resource for me.

I will do my best to keep everyone informed about my progress but preop and especially postop. I am open to any advice or recommendations and suggestions that you may have. If I ever say I'm about to do something that you know is a big mistake, please do not hesitate to speak up! I welcome constructive criticism!

Welcome to the forums! My brothers are 18 months apart and I know growing up they were a handful for my mom...so kudos to you! Lots of good information here and good support as well. I'm in the early stages of getting the paperwork ready for insurance myself. My psych is this Monday, and then almost everything else is on 04 August (I live about 1.5 hours away from the hospital so wanted to do them all in one day). I'm hoping for a late November/early December surgery because that is a really slow time at work. Looking forward to getting to know you and following your progress! Beth

I was approved for surgery and chose Oct 23rd for my date. I just have to do the pre-op class and the Pre-admission testing and work at doing the 2 wk preop diet.