Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Removal surgery canceled by dr.

I get the feeling the doctor just wants to take the easy way out and slice me open...and get it over with. Removing band laproscopically (sp?) would be too time consuming perhaps! The rest, I felt was blah, blah, blah.... at any rate. I am go to Cardio today to get through the EKG stuff and hopefully, surgery will be as early as next week.

There is NO way I can stress enough to go with your gut feelings. There is a difference between fear of a procedure and a gut level feeling. Most patients that have had complications said they had a gut feeling before the procedure something was going to happen, and it did. People who were confident and sure - do well. Gut feelings count!

Follow your gut and everything will be well. I don't know what it is, I don't understand how it works. I just know it is pretty darn accurate.

I couldn't agree more!:clap2:

I get the feeling the doctor just wants to take the easy way out and slice me open...and get it over with. Removing band laproscopically (sp?) would be too time consuming perhaps! The rest, I felt was blah, blah, blah.... at any rate. I am go to Cardio today to get through the EKG stuff and hopefully, surgery will be as early as next week.

evcase... please seek out a second opinion from a different surgeon. It sounds like you really aren't comfortable with this doctor and his approach to you. Follow your gut. You mentioned Miami in a previous post. If you're there, I've heard really good things about Dr. Rosenthal at the Cleveland Clinic in Miami. His insurance person, Anita, is also supposed to be amazing. :) It doesn't hurt to make a call and just see one more surgeon... and you may end up with somebody who you're a lot more comfortable with... and who can give you what you want/need.

Band has been removed and I feel great! my removal was a 1 night stay - probably insurance related. But got lots of rest and pain killers! Am sore, as should be and am going to rest today as well. Not hungry yet, and am not going to make an issue of it. If I start thinking of "hunger" than I wil get anxious about "what if"...etc. So am taking it one day at a time.

Dr said that most of my stomach was above the band and he removed lots of scar tissue. While I was preparing for surgery, I had to keep throwing up bile, and the anestologist (sp?) put a tube down my nose/throat to suck up all the rest of bile. I felt good that HE took me seriously - and all the other medical staff was astounded at the amount of bile that I brought up - with no effort I might add. I just feel that all along, the dr office never took me seriously - and I was too late in the game to switch doctors so I just accepted their lax behavior. Anyway, I am happy it is all over. I got to sleep lying down for the first time in 6 months! No tums throughout the night, no empty glass to fill up with bile during the night! Ya heww!!!!

Would I do it again? I don't think so. Because I had more bad years than good ones. I had the band placed in 2001 (or 2002) can't remember. But it truly worked when all was good.

If I had the money, I would do the sleeve.....but for now, I will just rest and relax and not think of anything.

Also, my esophagus is fine - just like what the dr said would probably happen. I guess with all the bile/undigested food, I felt like my eso. was probably damaged.

Thanks for everyones support and I wish you all great success! If I could give any advise it would be

1. Get control of your food issues (emotional, etc.)

2. If something is difficult to go down, don't eat it again

3. Stay away from bread, Bagels (doughy stuff)

4. Don't take Vitamins, minerals, etc. There is a tablet that I take called "fruit and vegetable tablets" that is all natural and it replaces ALL the nutrients you would get in fruit and vegs for that day - including Fiber and is SAFE for diabetics. If you want to know more, just email me...

5. The f/v tablets (I took the gummies) is what kept me healthy during all of this.

6. Stay away from vegetables/fruit that is fiber-ous (sp?)

7. And get support from this site, friends, others, etc.

8. NEVER NEVER NEVER drink while you eat!

Thanks again friends, E

Evcase, you certainly are a trooper. I too am having my band removed, and for me, before my esophagus problems kicked in, it was great.

Your advice is excellent. I would still recommend a multi-Vitamin, there were several fruits I couldn't eat.

I hope you have a speedy, uneventful recovery.

Karen

Thanks Karen: I was NEVER able to eat fruits and vegetables except lettuce. I found the "FRUIT & VEGETABLE" tablets and that is the reason I stayed out of the emergency room because they gave me all the Vitamins, minerals, Fiber, etc that I needed each and every day. Also, my doctor was surprised that I hadn't become malnourished until I told him about these tablets. I was so taken by these tablets that I got in touch with the company and am now distributing them.

It has been 3 nights now and I am sleeping (laying down) I don't bring an empty cup with me at bedtime to spit up in and I haven't taken one tums or prilosec. So far, hunger hasn't returned so am using this time to pray and stay strong.

I wish you luck on your removal it is so worth the getting rid of the problems. I am still PRO lap band - just hope people learn from my mistakes before it is too late for them too.

evcase,

You feel really strongly about "NOT drinking" while eating,do you think this was a major reason that caused this to happen to your band? After my latest fill,I often have to drink coffee to get my food to go down,especially in the morning.Also why do you say not to take Vitamins and minerals besides being a distributor for the f/v company? I'm not trying to sound rude I just want to get all the info I need to save my band.

Lisa, every band doc feels strongly about not drinking while eating. It's one of the "cardinal rules for bandsters." Many people have to drink a warm beverage before eating in the a.m. or wait till later to start eating. In my own opinion, if someone has to drink to get food down, then that person is filled too tightly. Sounds like you've only recently had this situation; maybe you should speak to your doc. In any event, congratulations on your amazing weight loss!

Karen

I found these fruit/veg tablets on the internet (and since reading your post found out about becoming a distributor-thanks!)...I was searching for a way to get all my nutrients in besides the Protein shakes, etc. I found Gummy fruit and vegetables that worked GREAT for me! Nothing else would work - and as long as I took them every day, I didn't have to worry about getting malnourished! So no longer worried about Vitamins, minerals, etc. - cause they are ALL in these gummies

Funny thing, after my band was removed and a few days passed, I ate an apple - for the first time in 6 years! Yummmm!!!

I still take the f/v gummies - my energy level is better than it has EVER been. And thanks to lisanjason - I have found out that I can be a distributor and my surgeon now carries them in his office as a direct result of my results/distribution.