Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't give up!! We are all here for you to vent to!! You can do this! Trust me if I can you can!!! :) hang in there

Yummy,

First did your surgeon give you any post op diet recommendations? I don't think they would include ice cream do they? What "kids' meals" are you eating? If they are eating hamburgers and fries, that is not going to help you lose weight.

What exercise are you doing? The studies I've seen, you have to exercise. You may not feel that it is doing good but the fact remains without exercise, its just going to be worse.

Does the tea have calories?

Are you getting in the right amount of lean Protein and veggies.

Those are my recommendations.

I recommend no sugar, soda, carbohydrates. If you don't know about lean Proteins can you google them and keep a notebook - writing down foods and recipes of things you should do, foods you should eat. FF refried Beans is one thing, topped with fat free cheese. Also, black Beans, garbanzo beans, and lentils. Please ask any questions. You will get different answers but you figure out what you can buy where you are and adapt. Yogurt is good, just the least sugar/fruit. Cottage cheese (fat free) is good. Lean chicken, fish, turkey (not packaged lunchmeat). I hope someone hear can post a lot more for you. Best wishes. Also, if you can find Protein powder you can add it to Soups.

Has anyone experienced the same problems and cone out the other side? I would appreciate some advice.

I'm now losing my hair and eyelashes!!! Any ideas on what Vitamin I'm not getting enough of?

I have taken every Vitamin and I took Biotin religiously from 1 month pre-surgery to now, 8 months later. I think it is pure luck whether or not you lose. I googled bariatric surgery/losing hair and just read what I could find.

@@yummymummy32

1) Giving up is not an option. You gave up that right the day you got on the operating table.

2) You aren't losing weight because you're not eating properly.

3) You are losing your hair because you are not eating properly.

4) Get rid of your scale.

5) Read more forums / threads on solutions to solve some of your issues such as Constipation.

6) Return to the basics: Protein (60-80mg daily). However you can get it in. You don't have to like the shakes in order to be compliant. You know that you need them as a supplement if you aren't getting in the daily requirement.

7) Drink Water. At least 64 oz per day

8) If you're like most of us, you've yo-yo dieted and your body is used to this process. It just needs time to accept the fact that a permanent change has occurred. It won't understand that when you return to poor food choices. Your body and metabolism still thinks you are trying a new diet and is going into starvation mode - holding on to every single pound. Get rid of your scale. Eat properly, maximize your Protein and Water intake, and rev up your exercise (including weight training).

9) Use clothing a size smaller than where you are as a measurement of progress. Quit weighing yourself and focus on the process, not the scale. In time you will achieve your goal. Best wishes to you!

Amen sister, I am going right by what the dr says to the t. I excersised everyday .get Protein, Vitamins ans down only 20lbs . I was sleeved June 24 .but it would help me some if me family supported me more .

I had the sleeve on 8/13/13. Almost from the beginning, I have not had the intake restrictions that most people do. Have told my surgeon numerous times, but only focus on those conversations were how many nuts I was eating every day (none). I have lost about 30 pounds since my surgery. It's very depressing and sit here today reflecting on everything I thought would happen and be so wonderful and where I should be 1 year after surgery and I've accomplished nothing. I have mal-absorption issues with the Vitamins, I've become Anemic and already Diabetic and they blame these issues on the lack of weight loss. I don't where to turn now for help.

I'm so sorry to hear that its awful have u gone back to ur dr and demanded a resleeve sounds like it's too loose

He wants me to wait 6 more months and work with the nutritionist. The problem with the Anemia is that I'm so exhausted, it's ard to even get up in the morning and get moving for work and to think about working out is just beyond what I can imagine. I've seen my Endocrinologist, Internal Medicine and Surgeon all about the extreme fatigue and told to take 60mg of Iron. It's not working. My thyroid is at the very lowest range of normal so they won't address that as an issue because it's still "normal".

Find a good heme and do the IV infusions. That helps. I have enough GI issues that Iron doesn't do well with me either.

Not the best choice, but it beats sickness.

I'm so sad to hear that this has been a ruff journey for you! I wish I had some really great advice to offer! I think the only words I have are to try to stay positive and lean on us for support! As often as you need to.

I agree with bittersweet. Everything written needs to be worked on. Not just for yummy but anyone who's a little out of sync or losing at a slower pace. Remember slow & steady wins the race and the race is with ourselves no one else. Certainly not others on here. Every one is different. .sizes..metabolism. ..etc. but when we need help we can find each other here! Good luck all. Sleeved 7/28/14

He wants me to wait 6 more months and work with the nutritionist. The problem with the Anemia is that I'm so exhausted, it's ard to even get up in the morning and get moving for work and to think about working out is just beyond what I can imagine. I've seen my Endocrinologist, Internal Medicine and Surgeon all about the extreme fatigue and told to take 60mg of Iron. It's not working. My thyroid is at the very lowest range of normal so they won't address that as an issue because it's still "normal".

Find an md that will treat your thyroid more aggressively. Have you been tested for Hashimoto's? I have Hashimoto's and I feel terrible - can't get out if bed fatigue - unless my meds are pushed so I am at the top end of normal. If you insist - they will usually up your meds provided you don't swing the other way. I've had to push for this and found it made a big difference. PM me if you want more info. I can point you towards written info to help you. In the end it might not be your thyroid...but it might and it's such a simple fix.