Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am coming to rant iv had the sleeve for 6months and I'm just about giving up iv had enough, so much about the sleeve no one tells us about,you read about 100lbs off in 4months stories and think it's going to be me. Iv had all the negative side effects without the benefits,for example iv had severe Hair loss which only comes with extremely fast weight loss iv lost only 40lbs in 6 months iv had Constipation so bad iv torn my anus so badly I had to go to hospital iv had constant hunger iv had constant dumping I can't eat or drink socially anymore I have hanging skin iv lost almost zero inches except from my boobs and ass which are gone every single lb I have lost was through exercise and diet I can't eat much at all yet I don't lose and as much as I'm not that kind of person I hate listening to stories of iv never exercised and lost 100lbs in 3months or I eat the same just a little less I want to cry with jealousy,I have played by the rules and done everything right but now I'm done I stopped going for walks and am eating slider food and I'm up to my eyes in debt cos of this operation,any advice is welcome

First, I found this post a little hard to read because the sentences seem to run together.

As I understand it, you have lost 55lbs. since February. I don't know about you, but I couldn't lose that kind of weight dieting and exercising on my own.

Edited by BeagleLover

I hear your frustration. I would re-engage your nutritionist. I've read many books on weight loss.....many many books. One thing that seems so counterintuitive is that sometimes you can be exercising too much/not eating enough. I think talking to your nutritionist/surgeon and see if you can adjust either your diet or exercise. You've come too far to stop now....this is a mountain climb and you are stuck on the side looking for a foothold...if you give up and slide down, you'll just have start climbing again.

My advice:

the world beats you up enough. Why do you want to do the same? Stop!!

People give us enough garbage for being fat, dont add yourself to it. Think about what you need to do to take charge, both of you and your mind. Concentrate on YOU and getting YOU healthier.

Whether it is a slow lose or a fast lose, as long as you are getting healthier and losing, does it matter? A number on the scale doesn't equate to your worth in life.

</soapbox>

:) Politely said :)

I hear you and I get it. Notice my weight loss. And I had my surgery in December. You are nearly half way there! I applaud you! :)

Yummy tummy I think you're in UK. Not sure if you had the surgery through the national health but do they provide you counseling through their programs or support groups? I think that what you need is support from a nutritionist but also from other local sleevers.

I am sorry you are having a rough time. I have lost 13 pounds as of today since surgery on June 24. I am ok with this perceived "slow" loss. I am hoping that it will keep me from losing my hair. A girl can hope.

I have 80 more to go or so and I will get there eventually

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope it helps others (not letting Constipation get the best of you). As I write this my hair is so thin I have to wear a wig when I leave home. My skin is sagging, my face is more wrinkled, but I love it anyway! Yummymummy32, most of us have experienced at least part of what you are going through. Make sure you seek medical help for the problems you are having. My husband and I were sleeved, and we can go out to dinner and pretty much do everything we want to except stuff our faces with french fries and other garbage. I sincerely hope things get better for you, and I believe it will. Here's a hug, Linda

Hi Yummymummy,

I agree with you regarding your frustration. Which is one reason why I stopped logging onto this web site. There are so many "happy updates" about massive amounts of weight loss. I felt like I was making it harder for myself every time I saw those posts and compared them to my own weight loss. So I focused on my progress, dedicated my time to my health. Do you have a my fitness pal account? It's an app that helps you track what you eat daily. So you know which foods to steer clear of. It has helped me a lot. I am not a fast looser either, but it's steady. You should'nt compare weight loss for yourself, with someone who may have started off heavier than you. There are so many factors that separate US.

I bet if you calculate the percentages you are in the same ball park. When I was working out I didn't see a dramatic change. The trainer told me I was gaining muscle. It will take a while for our body to catch up. Whatever you do don't give up. I know exactly what you mean about your boobs and your butt! I have no butt anymore and I want to cry! I have to start on my lunges. I bought a couple of great bras and the girls are up again. I just can't release them from the bra or they will droop to the ground! I swear I went from a 42dd to a 38dd and the girls are like deflated balloons, and my butt looks like a pancake (I always had a nice firm butt). I guess that's the price I have to pay.

Take care of you!!! It will all come together :).

I want to apologize. It bothers me that people don't feel comfortable coming to get support because they feel negative about it.

I do not advertise my size or photos or weight or anything online for the most part due to this issue. I saw it become a "race". No one needs that.

What about a dedicated area for "slower losers"? Would that help? Would focusing on just losing help?

I got a lot of flak about the weight loss and I come from a different viewpoint but the fact remains I didn't get the support from my surgeon that I felt he should and could have given. So I'm sympathatic to peoples' statements and want to know what they think might help.

I'm from Ireland there isn't any support ie nutrition I went abroad and I'm alone iv lost nothing in the last 6weeks

Where were you sleeved? What are you eating? Perhaps you can order Alex Brecher's new book, "The Big Book on Bariatric Surgery." I am reading it now and it has so much information I really needed. Good luck. I hope we can help you.

Thank you I really do need help! how much do I eat how often? I'm not taking any Protein Shakes as they are horrible, I hate Water so I drink tea with sweetener, I was walking three miles a day x3 times a week but iv stopped as it didn't help with weight loss at all,I do take all my Vitamins and get monthly B12 injections,I'm hungry all the time I logged on MFP religiously for first 5 months averaged 900cals but iv stopped that too,I don't have set meals or food I just grab bits of the kids dinners I feel like I have no restriction lately and due to this intense heat iv been eating ice cream not much a little child's portion, I'm tired all the time but all bloods are normal,hair is coming out by the handful but I'm ok with that I'm just so sad that I haven't reach even halfway to goal like everyone else seems to be,I don't understand it I'm 38 I lost 10lbs in the 2 week pre op diet so I assumed that I could lose lots but that was the only time I lost a big amount,while I'm glad due to the sleeve I haven't gained I feel defeated and everyone around me who asks how much iv lost give me that look and say is that all?

I am losing my hair and am totally constipated! It is frustrating! I wish you better luck in the time to come!