Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one? I've had my surgery may 27th, and I only use the bathroom once a week and that's after I take a laxative.

You are not alone. It is a struggle. I think it's very common.

Thanks everyone it's discouraging me with the weightlosss.

My surgery isn't until Sept 8, but I've been having it and ratting high Protein, low carb- I'm ratting lots of fruits and veggies, so I was surprised-

Guess my body is missing all the fast foods it used to have!!

I figure that after surgery, my new normal won't be everyday because of less calories and food,

Hang in there-)

Some post op diets don't allow fruits for quite a long time. So add in some prune juice. Couple ounces works wonders

Some post op diets don't allow fruits for quite a long time. So add in some prune juice. Couple ounces works wonders

Thanks for the tip, same problem here and I don't want to live on laxatives.< /p>

When I saw my doctor at my one month I complained about Constipation, too. I told him I felt so stopped up that if I had a good bowel movement I'd lose 5 pounds. I had been taking laxatives occasionally. He told me to stop that and to take a stool softener twice a day (recommended Colace) and to add Fiber to my diet (found some good Fiber Gummy chews and started eating more fruit). He said when I got normal, drop one of the stool softeners.

It's worked like a charm -- even better than the laxatives.

When I saw my doctor at my one month I complained about Constipation, too. I told him I felt so stopped up that if I had a good bowel movement I'd lose 5 pounds. I had been taking laxatives occasionally. He told me to stop that and to take a stool softener twice a day (recommended Colace) and to add fiber to my diet (found some good fiber Gummy chews and started eating more fruit). He said when I got normal, drop one of the stool softeners. It's worked like a charm -- even better than the laxatives.

I'll try that thanks

I had the same issue, plus a couple of extremely painful episodes of Constipation. I now use 1/2 dose of Miralax in my coffee every morning (yes, I drink one cup of coffee a day with no issue), plus I've been adding a TBS of Chia seeds to my morning Protein Shake or yogurt. I now "go" every morning and I feel 100% better! I hate that "stopped up" feeling!

I had the same issue and my surgeon also asked that I up my Water intake. He said Constipation is a key indication of dehydration as the lower bowl is removing too mach water.

I keep milk of mag when I get bad. To help prevent it I try to add a little mirilax to my drink or take a stool

Softener and drink more fluids. Today I bought some dried prunes I'm going to start taking one a day !

Stool softeners are the only way to go. I still use them occasionally , one year out.

I'll pick some up. I went to buy prune juice last night and it had 29 grams of carbs so can't have that. I do drink a juice called Bai5 that is healthy and low carb but I need to add the stool softener I think.