Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 19!

My surgery is tentatively August 21st. So excited. I have to do a 10 day liquid diet pre surgery. Started this journey March 31st. Done with all my testing. I have lost about 40 pounds. Joined the YMCA and work out everyday most days 2-3 times depending on my schedule. My husband bought me an UP24 which is awesome and soooo motivational. It has helped me keep exercising daily.

My surgery is tentatively August 21st. So excited. I have to do a 10 day liquid diet pre surgery. Started this journey March 31st. Done with all my testing. I have lost about 40 pounds. Joined the YMCA and work out everyday most days 2-3 times depending on my schedule. My husband bought me an UP24 which is awesome and soooo motivational. It has helped me keep exercising daily.

Congrats

I am scheduled for August 19th in Texas! I am SO glad I found this site!! I am finding it very comforting to see other people going through this journey to! A lot of people don't understand why you are having the surgery when you tell them about it, especially kids around my age (22). So I'm glad there are people that understand exactly why I am doing this I can talk to now!

I am scheduled for August 19th in Texas! I am SO glad I found this site!! I am finding it very comforting to see other people going through this journey to! A lot of people don't understand why you are having the surgery when you tell them about it, especially kids around my age (22). So I'm glad there are people that understand exactly why I am doing this I can talk to now!

Day after tomorrow!!!!!

Only two days left for me..Friday is the big day! I'm a little nervous but more excited, I'm finishing up my last shopping and cleaning, I'm packing a bag tonight and everything is pretty much done. I've splurged a little and bought a NutriBullet and a FitBit for after surgery and I love them both, well worth the money :) my house is perfect, everything is organized and my family is up to speed and ready to help me when I need anything in the beginning. I'm a revision so I'll be in the hospital for a minimum of 2 nights and may be there a little longer depending on recovery, they are also a little worried that it will have to be open because of the damage to my esophagus but won't know until they get in there. Positive thoughts and prayers for laproscopic would be greatly appreciated on Friday, I have to start classes on August 22nd so hopefully my recovery will go smoothly! I'll keep everyone updated and let you guys know how I'm feeling so hopefully you will know what to expect when you have surgery!

So how are you???

So how are you???

I'm alright, very very sore. So, I ended up having surgery at 3pm instead of 9am because my surgeon was running late, it just gave me lots of time to think and be nervous. All I remember when I woke up was pain pain pain. My blood pressure was very high and my O2 was very low so I was on all sorts of narcotics and blood pressure medication and I was on oxygen. When I got up to my room my mom was there and told me what happened while I was under. The good news is, it was all done laproscopically but the bad news is once he got in there he saw that my stomach had herniated into my chest cavity and was up by my lungs! That definitely explains some of the pain I was having and really how does that even happen? It's so rare to have a reoccurring hernia and even more rare to find part of your stomach in your chest cavity..yikes! So, obviously I was in a lot more pain because they had to repair that and physically move my stomach down where it was supposed to be. On Saturday I was pretty sure that the pain was going to kill me, it was really really bad and my doctor was sure I would have to stay until at least Monday. They put me on a higher dose of Diuladid every two hours and that really helped me stay on top of the pain enough to start walking and getting rid of the gas. I still have a lot of gas in my shoulders and haven't really been able to pass any of it. I woke up this morning feeling so so much better and convinced the doctor that I could go home on the Lortab and recover there in my own bed. I'm still EXTREMELY sore but I'm tolerating it and the Lortab is helping a bit. I had a drain and the On-Q pain ball so those were both removed today and that wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. I passed the blue test, you chew this nasty tasting blue dye on ice chips and make sure it doesn't come out in your drain. I also got a barium swallow test and that showed that there were no obstructions but the limb from my pouch to my intestines is very swollen so it's taking a while for my Fluid to get to my intestines meaning I may have to stay on liquids for longer. I'll know for sure when I see my doctor next week. I've also got a pretty nasty cough, with all the pain I wasn't able to use the breathing machine as much as I needed. I have to make sure I don't get a fever and use the machine more often. If I get a fever of 101+ I have to go back right away because they are worried about Pneumonia. Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon and I'll try to keep you guys updated. I'm very happy to be home though and I'm sure the pain will continue to get better.

Crazy about my stomach though right?

I'm alright, very very sore. So, I ended up having surgery at 3pm instead of 9am because my surgeon was running late, it just gave me lots of time to think and be nervous. All I remember when I woke up was pain pain pain. My blood pressure was very high and my O2 was very low so I was on all sorts of narcotics and blood pressure medication and I was on oxygen. When I got up to my room my mom was there and told me what happened while I was under. The good news is, it was all done laproscopically but the bad news is once he got in there he saw that my stomach had herniated into my chest cavity and was up by my lungs! That definitely explains some of the pain I was having and really how does that even happen? It's so rare to have a reoccurring hernia and even more rare to find part of your stomach in your chest cavity..yikes! So, obviously I was in a lot more pain because they had to repair that and physically move my stomach down where it was supposed to be. On Saturday I was pretty sure that the pain was going to kill me, it was really really bad and my doctor was sure I would have to stay until at least Monday. They put me on a higher dose of Diuladid every two hours and that really helped me stay on top of the pain enough to start walking and getting rid of the gas. I still have a lot of gas in my shoulders and haven't really been able to pass any of it. I woke up this morning feeling so so much better and convinced the doctor that I could go home on the Lortab and recover there in my own bed. I'm still EXTREMELY sore but I'm tolerating it and the Lortab is helping a bit. I had a drain and the On-Q pain ball so those were both removed today and that wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. I passed the blue test, you chew this nasty tasting blue dye on ice chips and make sure it doesn't come out in your drain. I also got a barium swallow test and that showed that there were no obstructions but the limb from my pouch to my intestines is very swollen so it's taking a while for my Fluid to get to my intestines meaning I may have to stay on liquids for longer. I'll know for sure when I see my doctor next week. I've also got a pretty nasty cough, with all the pain I wasn't able to use the breathing machine as much as I needed. I have to make sure I don't get a fever and use the machine more often. If I get a fever of 101+ I have to go back right away because they are worried about Pneumonia. Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon and I'll try to keep you guys updated. I'm very happy to be home though and I'm sure the pain will continue to get better.

Crazy about my stomach though right?

Thanks for posting get well soon

Day after tomorrow!!!!!

Everything went well. Took a whole hour just to clear scar tissue. Had massive Nausea for a few hours but doing great now. Walking every hour- no gas issues!!! Several others who are here are not doing as we'll- they won't get up and walk.. Do what dr says- they know what they are doing!!

Everything went well. Took a whole hour just to clear scar tissue. Had massive Nausea for a few hours but doing great now. Walking every hour- no gas issues!!! Several others who are here are not doing as we'll- they won't get up and walk.. Do what dr says- they know what they are doing!!

SOOO, bypass or sleeve rooster? I've been dying to know!!

Bypass... And really glad he did it. The ones on my floor with sleeve are not doing as well as I am. They are very nauseous and dr said that will more than likely last a week! Everyone said I best patient on floor! Brag brag brag. I have just changed and given up so much to get here. From here on out my success is up to me and I refuse to be the reason for that! Am doing everything doc says and also taking advise from all of you. All that reading really prepared me!!!

Bypass! Sorry forgot to add that!! Am so pleased with everything so far!!

Bypass! Sorry forgot to add that!! Am so pleased with everything so far!!

YAY!! You know that's what I was hoping for :) my recovery is also way easier with the bypass than it was with the sleeve, I'm not sure why since on paper the bypass seems (rather is) more invasive. I'll take it though! I'm sure you will do great and be out of there in no time!