Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only two days left for me..Friday is the big day! I'm a little nervous but more excited, I'm finishing up my last shopping and cleaning, I'm packing a bag tonight and everything is pretty much done. I've splurged a little and bought a NutriBullet and a FitBit for after surgery and I love them both, well worth the money :) my house is perfect, everything is organized and my family is up to speed and ready to help me when I need anything in the beginning. I'm a revision so I'll be in the hospital for a minimum of 2 nights and may be there a little longer depending on recovery, they are also a little worried that it will have to be open because of the damage to my esophagus but won't know until they get in there. Positive thoughts and prayers for laproscopic would be greatly appreciated on Friday, I have to start classes on August 22nd so hopefully my recovery will go smoothly!

I'll keep everyone updated and let you guys know how I'm feeling so hopefully you will know what to expect when you have surgery!

Becky our prayers are with you! Please do let us know how you are as soon as you are up to it. I am also planning on deep cleaning this weekend so I dont have to worry about it for a few weeks. My kids will be so happy since I usually have them doing baseboards every weekend! lol. Have been putting together a hospital bag and have made hotel reservations. We live about 40 miles from Hospital but because I have to be there at 5:30AM and I live in Atlanta - I am staying close to hotel so I dont have to leave my house at 3AM!

Becky our prayers are with you! Please do let us know how you are as soon as you are up to it. I am also planning on deep cleaning this weekend so I dont have to worry about it for a few weeks. My kids will be so happy since I usually have them doing baseboards every weekend! lol. Have been putting together a hospital bag and have made hotel reservations. We live about 40 miles from Hospital but because I have to be there at 5:30AM and I live in Atlanta - I am staying close to hotel so I dont have to leave my house at 3AM!

That's a really good idea! Last time the night before surgery I took a Xanax at about 8pm and it helped me relax and fall asleep so that I could have a good nights sleep. It really helps because you don't get to sleep very well in the hospital and it just relieves all the night before jitters for me. My doc had no problem with me taking it but I'm sure something like Benedryl would have the same effect.

I should feel up to getting on and letting you guys know how everything went on either Friday night or Saturday morning, I'm not letting any of my family visit me until Saturday except my mom who is staying the whole time and my fiance who will be there every second he isn't working. Last time I was pretty out of it all day the day of and didn't even really remember having my visitors there so I figured it's best to just wait until I'm feeling a little better to have more guests.

The cleaning was actually helpful for me, it kept my mind occupied and I knew it would help me out post-op. My family will help a lot too after surgery but I wanted to get everything that I could done so they have less work. I've been on clears since yesterday so am just doing a lot of reading and talking on here since I'm a little weak/tired from not eating. Getting lost in my book and not thinking about surgery is also beneficial. I'm not super nervous but it's nice to have something else to think about. At this point it's in my surgeon's hands, I picked a very good and experienced surgeon and I have to trust him to do his job so am trying not to worry too much.

I'll talk to you guys more on Friday!

Hi all! I am scheduled for August 18th :) Time has been moving so fast now! My only hiccup so far is an abnormal EKG probably due to the phentermine I took about months ago. I have a HIDA scan tomorrow and Stress Test Aug 8th :) So excited for surgery, a little nervous being the patient though.

Aug 20 lap band to RNY bypass revision due to severe GERD causing aspiration pneumonias & staph in the lungs. Surgery 8/20, preop starts 8/13! Age 64 from CT

Welcome pions and bubbe!

So placed online order for the Unjury sample kit today. Our kit from the Dr office wont last but a few days so figure I had better get some other stuff. Unjury seems to have the most positive comments about it - and they offered a tester kit so I dont have to get a large tub of something I may not like!

So placed online order for the unjury sample kit today. Our kit from the Dr office wont last but a few days so figure I had better get some other stuff. Unjury seems to have the most positive comments about it - and they offered a tester kit so I dont have to get a large tub of something I may not like!

I personally hated Unjury but everyone is different. I love nectar and they also have a sample pack. Vitalady offers samples for $2.99 with $5 shipping on over 40 different Protein powders. I ordered a bunch to try after surgery and I'd suggest with any samples you get, wait until after surgery to try them because your taste buds will change. With that being said, having some staples like chocolate and vanilla is a really good idea because you will need some Protein pre-op and those are generally safe flavors. The coffee flavor for me has always been safe too because when you blend it with ice it tastes similar to iced coffee drinks you would get at any cafe. I like everything from nectar except their Fruit Drinks, I've only tried the fuzzy naval and it didn't work for me. I ordered a sample of the carribean cooler and the lemonade to try but their sweets are really good, I don't think I've ever heard of someone not like the Nectar sweets.

Here is the link to VitaLady: http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&keywords=protsamp&SortKey=sku&SortOrder=ascending

I would suggest getting the Michelle's Special Combo - half Stack chocolate and half IDS vanilla Cinnamon because I've heard amazing thing about that one and can't wait to try it. Also, there's a thread at the top of the subforum for protein and Vitamins that rates Protein powder and Vitalady offers samples of a lot of the protein on the excellent list.

Good luck :)

Thank you roostertail! Im here!! I agree all WLS is in the end the same! Im having gastric bypass~just found out changed to 8/13- I had band 2009 now getting gastric 8/13.....please lets all keep in touch! Thanks again roostertail!

Gabrilea6

Hi! My surgery date is 8/13 in Puerto Vallarta. Excited and nervous. Cleaning, getting things in order at work. Packing my hospital bag. Can't wait! Sending best wishes to all August sleevers!

H i Bayside Queens here.. Getting Sleeved 8/4/2014 w/ dr Holover in Mercy Hospital in Rockville Center, NY.

Excited & scared all at the same time... United Oxford Insurance ..Did my 6 months wait & pre required testing and now on my pre op diet for 2 weeks...going in at 8 am Monday morning.. Here's to a whole new beginning..

H i Bayside Queens here.. Getting Sleeved 8/4/2014 w/ dr Holover in Mercy Hospital in Rockville Center, NY.

Excited & scared all at the same time... United Oxford Insurance ..Did my 6 months wait & pre required testing and now on my pre op diet for 2 weeks...going in at 8 am Monday morning.. Here's to a whole new beginning..

Good luck to you : )