Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post 1 week weight loss was low? Disappointed

So I had gastric sleeve on July 9th.. I had to do a 1 week pre-op diet and lost 15 pounds prior to surgery.

I went back today for my 1 week post op check up and I only lost 3 more pounds since surgery..

I was pretty sick for about a week.. I know I'm still a little dehydrated.. I started eating Malt O Meal today and Tomato Soup for dinner.. Just 2 tablespoons of each.. I asked my Dr. about the low weight loss and he said there are a few people that only lose a little bit but usually people lose more.. Has anyone else had this happen and is is a problem? What am I doing wrong, because I'm barely not eating anything.. Disappointed..

this sounds crazy, but you may need to consume more. after my surgery it seemed so slow and I tried consuming more (at that point it was adding a Protein shake) I started loosing after that. I think my body was in starvation mode. I also drank lots of Water.< /p>

I had a surgery date of 7/1 - at one week I weighed 8 pounds more than I did the date of surgery. It was all the fluids they pumped into me/us. And, I was down 2 pounds from the 10 I had gained two days after surgery. At my two week check up, I was down 8.9 pounds for the two weeks.

Oh, btw, Tomato Soup was off limits on my program because of the high sugar content.

Just hang in there, it'll get better or at least I hope it will!

I agree with the Tomato soup.. My sugar was 125 before I drank my 2 tablespoons and 169 after I was done.. I'm going to call my primary Dr. about my Diabetes.. I've had highs and lows.. Thanks Ladies for answering me.. I guess I expected a lot more since I lost 15 on my 1 week of pre-op.. Going to add my egg I'm allowed in the morning..

Have a great night!

Are you getting 60g Protein and 64 oz Water (or more) everyday? If not, you should concentrate on eating and drink the things that help you meet these goals. If you follow your meal plan you WILL lose weight. You don't need a scale to tell you it's happening or how fast it's happening. BTW, I was UP 11 pounds 1 week out, so relax and trust the process.

So I had gastric sleeve on July 9th.. I had to do a 1 week pre-op diet and lost 15 pounds prior to surgery.

I went back today for my 1 week post op check up and I only lost 3 more pounds since surgery..

I was pretty sick for about a week.. I know I'm still a little dehydrated.. I started eating Malt O Meal today and Tomato Soup for dinner.. Just 2 tablespoons of each.. I asked my Dr. about the low weight loss and he said there are a few people that only lose a little bit but usually people lose more.. Has anyone else had this happen and is is a problem? What am I doing wrong, because I'm barely not eating anything.. Disappointed..

It's ok...don't beat yourself up. How much Protein are u getn daily? One thing I have learned real quick was getn the Protein up...I bout a container of unflavor an I put a scoop in my Soups..an I can only get down a few oz..in my drinks I bout all assorted flavors they all are extremely low carbs,no sugar, an high protein I also drink hot tea at night I have flavor teas I add more unflavor protein also...I add protein to everything even though I don't get much down at one time. But I sip all day long. I'm on strictly liquids still. This is just wat I do...maybe this will help...or maybe u already knew an do...just a thought. Hang in ther..it's goin to wrk. .:) chin up

Thanks for all your advice Ladies.. I know I'm not getting enough Protein in.. I added a scoop to my plain greek yogurt.. I been having 2 TBLS 3 times a day trying to get the whole 8 ounces of yogurt done and with the Protein it makes 36 grams of protein total.. I'm going to work on eating it 4 times today so I can finish it.. I really don't think I'm not eating or drinking enough.. I don't know why that weight really depressed me yesterday.. I should be happy it was as least 3 pounds, if I didn't have the sleeve it would have been 0 pounds.. Reading what you all wrote made me step back and be happy and just do things a little different..

Have a great day to a New Happy Healthier You!

I can so relate. 3 weeks post op and gained a pound. Lost 11lbs 1st week, 11lbs 2nd week, and gained a pound 3rd week!! Very disappointed in myself because I strayed a little from the rules once I moved to pureed foods. Also had limited BMs and haven't exercised. Totally overwhelmed. Thought I would lose no matter what because I can barely eat. Not the case. Doing something wrong :(!!

I can so relate. 3 weeks post op and gained a pound. Lost 11lbs 1st week, 11lbs 2nd week, and gained a pound 3rd week!! Very disappointed in myself because I strayed a little from the rules once I moved to pureed foods. Also had limited BMs and haven't exercised. Totally overwhelmed. Thought I would lose no matter what because I can barely eat. Not the case. Doing something wrong :(!!

You are right on schedule for the 3 week stall. You can read about it in the "Don't Sweat the Stall Stuff" subforum. You should move your post there.

And I can't say this enough..... It's really very simple. Get in all your Water and Protein, follow the meal plan, GET OFF THE scale, just trust the process, and you WILL lose!

The best thing you could do is throw away your scale. Only check your weight when you visit your doctor. You're only a week into this and already obsessing over numbers. Nothing good can come of that. :)