Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Sleevers-What are you eating?

Hi May Sleevers! What does a typical day consist of for you? I've been stalled for almost 3 weeks and am wondering if I'm not eating enough?

Breakfast - Syntrax Matrix Protein shake

snack - Dannon Light & Fit strawberry yogurt

lunch - tuna salad 3oz

Snack - Mozz cheese stick

dinner - Kidneys Beans with turkey sausage 1/3-1/2 cup

Snack - Protein Peanut Butter Ball

I don't drink enough Water. I might have 10oz all day. I also only take my Vitamins once or twice a week because I stay nauseated. I vomited for the first time this weekend. I'm having a hard time with stomach spasms again.

Are you taking the Vitamins on an empty stomach. I too hate the taste and smell of vitamins now but didn't before surgery. Try taking them in the middle of a meal.

Hi - I saw your weight loss & it pretty much matches mine. I was sleeved 5/12/14 & as of this morning I have lost 39 lbs. I am allowed 1,000 calories a day & try & keep my carbs under 60. I also get in 60+ Proteins a day. I too do not like Water & I do not get my 64 ozs. I do use the Fitness Pal app on my IPhone. This helps to keep me on track with my daily allowances for calories, carbs & Protein. If you don't have it on your phone I would look into that.

I use a bariatric multi Vitamin & Calcium tablets that I got at The Vitamin Shoppe. These are chewable & not to bad. They are just sort of "powdery" when you start eating them. They are flavored so that helps.

I also got stalled at about 3 weeks for a week & since then I get stalled every few days & will loose for a couple of days. I know, I should stop weighing myself except once a week.

Hope you find a Vitamin that your stomach likes.

The only food I have had a problem with is apples. Water is my down fall only because I am addicted to coffee. I higly recommend a couple servings of fruit a day. Catelope is my go to. Sure you will exceed 60 carbs a day, but fruit is a complexed carb with lots of Fiber. Make sure you know what a serving is, because its easy to go over on fruit. A great Breakfast instead of a shake is about 5.5 oz of low cal flavored greek yogurt with either a 1/2 cup of bran or oatmeal. If you use oatmeal mix it in the night before. Its like candy but low cal, high in ficer and Protein.

I was sleeved on May 16, and am down 33 pounds. I'm very pleased with the progress and success so far! My typical day consists of: Breakfast 5:30 am- approx. 1/3 cup of cherios, with little milk. snack 8:30 am - approx. 1/3 cup of gravy and scrambled egg. lunch 11:30 am - 1/3 cup grilled chicken cubes and green Beans. Snack 2:30 - Pasta salad with peas, carrots and tomatoes. dinner 5:30 - 1/3 cup spaghetti or other type of left overs. I usually try to eat my Protein first, then veggies. I don't have room for anything else. I get full very quickly. 1/3 is all I can hold at a time.

I use the Centrum chewable Vitamins. I take one in the morning and one in the evening. Also, I take B12 each day. I always take my Vitamins after I eat....never on an empty stomach. The chewables are fruit flavored and taste good. I have a hard time getting in the 64 oz. of Fluid each day too, but I usually drink at least 48 oz. Crystal Light has been my saving grace. I can't stomach lots of Water...never could. But I've been drinking Crystal Light all day long since the surgery (Fruit Punch and regular Lemonade flavor). I try to only drink a Protein shake when I simply don't have time to eat anything. Also, I keep a Protein Bar in my purse at all times just in case I get hungry and can't get to my regular food. My doctor said to refrain from using the Protein shakes after surgery when possible. They want me to "chew" my Protein.

Hope this helps!!! Take care!

Does anyone have a food that is still off limits per their doctor?

Hi I was sleeved may 30th and have lost about 35lbs and I am still not cleared for certain textured food, like anything hard, crunchy, crispy, crisp raw veggies, or generally scratchy (like pretzels) on the inside of your mouth. I am also not allowed any grains (my doc is specific on carbs and allowables to reach his goal of max 50 per day) or anything with lots of "membrane" tissue like eating actual orange/grapefruit slices, grape skins or raisins, fruit peels, popcorn or regular corn.

My typical day looks like breakfast and first snack, one a Protein shake and one a greek yogurt. lunch I try to eat leftover meat from the night before but usually can only get in about 3 oz before i'm stuffed. Today I "treated" myself to a whole foods hot bar, $2.12 and delicious! I'm a cheap date now! I have not done great with the afternoon snack, most days just skip to dinner, where I'm eating only meat and like 1 tbsp of veggies.

I am paranoid about losing hair because mine is fine to start so I'm trying to eat as much meat and cheese as possible. Problem is tiny tummy gets so full so fast on them. I have only been able to get in about 700-800 per day unless I start grazing on Peanut Butter, then it's all over.

I use Bariactiv Vitamins, took them once on an empty stomach and threw them up but since then eat them mid breakfast and ok. Like the others, powdery and fruit flavored. I'm also on Iron, B12, and a ppi acid blocker

I start each day with a Protein shake made with Atkins chocolate shake, a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder, 1% milk, and ice. I also add some sugar free Syrup (mocha, or hazlenut or coconut, etc.) It takes me about 90 minutes to 2 hours to drink it all but I get about 40 grams of Protein and lots of liquid. 11:30 - noon I have lunch, which is about 4 Tbsp of lean, grilled chicken or pork with some low-fat cheese and maybe a few grilled peppers and onions. 4 hours later I have a snack of 1 Tbsp almond butter and a parmesan crispie (1 oz. Parm. cheese baked with a bit of garlic and rosemarie seasoning to make a tasty, low-fat treat). dinner is same as lunch, more meat, some cheese and a little grilled veggies.

I don't eat any other Snacks or carbs or sweets. I take Vitamins morning and night, a B12 every morning and 2 chocolate calcium chews mid day. No bread, Pasta, pizza crust, potatoes, rice, chips, crackers or other empty carbs. One day, once I am maintaining my goal weight, if I want a cracker, bite of pizza or bite of Pasta, I'll decide if I really want it but I can't let those foods become part of my regular diet cause then I'll just eat them and go backwards. Those foods were my crack!

I eat different types of meat and cheese, add in some hummus or a low-fat sauce or dip to mix it up and sometimes just have refried Beans with a little melted cheese and guacamole, especially when we go out for mexican. I ate a little pork out of the inside of a soft taco, but I like switching off and having Beans instead of meat.

My Peanut Butter and almond butter are in individual sized packets from whole foods for convenience and Portion Control. I just carry a few in my purse. When I'm not eating, I'm drinking Water and I've had a few bites of watermelon, strawberry and pineapple but not much due to natural sugar in fruit.< /p>

My doc says I can have some almonds as a snack, chewed well, as long as my tummy does OK with them but I haven't been brave enough to try them yet.

I was sleeved May 8th. I have lost 48 lbs. since surgery. I generally, have about 2 oz.of greek yogurt with 1/2 oz sliced almonds for Breakfast, this changes daily based on my moods. No morning snack. I eat 2 oz. meat at lunch and 1 oz. veggies. No afternoon snack, although I carry a Protein bar in case I get hungry. dinner is 2-3 oz meat and 1-2 oz. veggies. Occasionally, I may have a evening snack. half a cinnamon graham cracker with PB. I struggle with Water intake also. I try to load up on Water in between meals. But, I usually only get about 30-32 oz. a day, if I am diligent. I take a chew able Calcium and a Gummy Multivitamin in the morning with breakfast and before bed. I had bariatric Vitamin, but I could not tolerate them.