Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my second lap band. The first one worked great and I got down to 130 and stayed there for several years. Then I got it taken out and gained all the weight back. May 15, 2014 at 186.5 and went back into surgery and have the lap band again. Since then by sheer will I have lost 20 pounds!! 20 pounds is a lot of weight and I am so proud because I am not in the green zone and I get hungry a lot. My worst problem that made me gain all the weight was late night eating. I would take my Ambien and be in a altered state and get up and eat and eat and eat. Now I don't eat past 7 and sometimes I don't eat past 5pm. It is hard but I am doing it and the weight is coming off. I am much more active but not exercising every day. I can;t wait to feel the green zone because I am having to ignore a lot of hunger lately. I can cross my legs now without them going numb. I am wearing a size 12 comfortably and even though I have cellulite all over my legs I am wearing shorts because it is so hot here in Ausitn. I go in for another fill on the 17th and am going to ask for just 1 or 2cc cause I want to ease into this green zone with patience and perseverance. Love to hear from you all and your recent experiences.

Green is the best place to be. I do have late-nite craving am in the green,but when I do get them I grab cheese stick. it helps.Your doing great keep it up.

I lost 50 lbs and still have 25 to go. Then over the last Holidays, I gained about 24 lbs back and I'm whittling it away. Was stalled for about 3 months but found a method to beat the stall and lost 12 lbs. I plan on posting it on the stall forum soon.

I have been stuck (not eating) here for the longest time, sad, mad and glad all at once...but hanging in there still, next fill is the 16th, still not at the green zone, but managing...hoping and praying this is the time...but never know...a bit tired of it but will hang in there!!! Best wishes bulawookie!!!

Congratulations on being rebanded.

I got the band out the first time because I was thin for a long time and my port stuck out pretty far. I was dating and did not know how to tell my man about the band surgery. Once I got it out I quickly gained all my weight back again. This band I got on May 15 comes with new respect. This surgery was hard. Now when I date I will be proud of my band because I am very brave to do this again. I feel if an alcoholic or diabetic had a chance for surgery to cure their ills they would. My compulsive overeating is cured because of the band. I only want a man in my life who would understand how brave and courageous I am to get rebounded. I am succeeding even though I am not in the green zone yet. I am so thankful for this band. We are all so lucky to live in a country where we can get the band and the support from our surgeons and their staff. I go to monthly support groups which helps a lot.

I'm glad that you realized that. If a man doesn't understand then you Dont need him!!! My fiance was worried I'd lose weight and want to be single. Why? I asked him. He loved me with all the extra weight! You want a man that will love you overweight as well as skinny!! Life can be ugly sometimes. You want someone that loves you despite anything! I have an internal defibrillator due to a heart condition. Found myself single and dating again at 35.. I intentionally wore shirts so that the scar showed. I wanted to see who would tuck tail and run and who would stick around!!! Good luck to you on your 2 nd time around !!! And to everyone else, remember through this journey that you are beautiful!!! Love yourself and enjoy your life every day!

I love both of your answers. I couldn't have said it better myself if a man doesn't love you at your heaviest, weakest or when you need them they're not worth it. I had surgery in march and I've already lost close to 50 pounds and i have another 50 to go but I've been wondering how will my port look when I'm smaller. I questioned about getting the lap band for a while even when I was going through all my pre-reqs for surgery. To tell you the truth I questioned it even after I got the surgery even after a couple of months and a couple of fills and 30 pounds down. But recently I realized it was one of the best decisions I've ever made and I now know that this is all happening because I had the courage to get the lap band something that even though I hadn't admitted to myself I really needed. I know myself and if it wasnt for the band i wouldnt have lost anything i would have continued to think I would loose on my own but wouldn't have. I understand gaining all the weight back after your band came out. I know the same thing will happen to me if I ever get the band out. Today I'm soooo happy I did it and I'm so proud that I had the strength to do it. And it takes alot to realize that you needed it again and I'm glad you had the strength and courage to want to complete this weight lose journey with the band again. Good luck!!! ;)

So glad that we did this Emily! I just started this journey. So far I couldn't be happier! Here's to strong women!!!!

Bulawookie you can do this girl!! Mike I hope you find your green zone soon!

I lost 50 lbs and still have 25 to go. Then over the last Holidays, I gained about 24 lbs back and I'm whittling it away. Was stalled for about 3 months but found a method to beat the stall and lost 12 lbs. I plan on posting it on the stall forum soon.

TMF, I am so far behind those that had their surgery in January 2014 I can't figure out why I can't seem to lose anymore than 2 or 4 lbs every 4 weeks...I am so frustrated. You still inspire me, so thanks!!!

TMF, I am so far behind those that had their surgery in January 2014 I can't figure out why I can't seem to lose anymore than 2 or 4 lbs every 4 weeks...I am so frustrated. You still inspire me, so thanks!!!

So, I see today is your 6 month anniversary. Mine would have been 5/28/11 and I was still around 40 lbs lost. Yeah, it gets slow at times. And you know you're not supposed to be comparing yourself to others? We're slow losers but we're still losers.

Mike I think you are doing great..Slow and steady is the healthiest way to lose!

Mikes I see you used bagnato, I used Burnetts! Have you ever been to the support group? Thinking about going.