Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting over

Hi, today I went in for a fill and to be honest I've not been the best banster.. instead of losing weight I put on 10 lbs and today I want to start again.. can anyone help.. what should I do to restart, I have 9 cc in my band. I was told each fill could be a new beginning. the doctor wants to see me in 2 weeks to keep a close watch Thanks

Start over....make up your mind that you are starting fresh with this new fill....eat what you are supposed to eat and exercise like you are supposed to....and if possible , go to the support meetings...do you have any in your area? Don' t look back....just look forward....start over again and make it work for you....Get excited about the weight coming off....remember how you felt when you first got your band?

Good luck Tess L,

Please post what works for you because I have not been the best bandster either and I need to get back to work. Summertime is here with all the great fresh fruits and veggies and all that heat (which means fewer things to hide in). Gardening for me should help. I have 7 cubic yards of mulch in my driveway with my name on it. Maybe you could do some gardening too, add some summer flowers and have it be a reminder of your band journey? I just planted a honeysuckle with red flowers...

Sorry about the rambling. Having the band has worked well for me but it does get boring doesn't it? Before the last round of cakes for mothers day and multiple birthdays...leftover cake..., I had coffee and Cereal for bfast, a Protein Drink for lunch and a smaller version of the familys meal for dinner. For a night snack I had an orange.

Well hello,

I am very glad to see this thread because it fits me totally. I was banded about 14 months ago and to quote Tess, I have not been the best bandster either. In fact lately I feel like the word failure was once again the term that fits me best. I have had two fills and think I

am pretty close to where I should be. I suffer with a great deal of reflux

trouble. In fact tonight is absolutly one of the worst in spite of meds my doc has given me. I am down about 40 lbs and have about 60 to go.

I have many of my old eating habits still haunting me. I at times eat too much and too late and wrong things and and and...... YOu know the story because you have all lived it. In fact today I brought home Cookies and many other things I can't resist if they are here and have had 3 and the night is young. I feel in a panic because I can't seem to get a grip anymore. From the beginning I had control with a capital C.

Now I am sliding and sliding fast. I am hoping to go to a support group meeting soon if I can find one. I don't think we have one in my town but

about 120 miles away we do.

I apprietiated the suggestion to read the materials I got when I was a new bandster and I will do that. I also need to get on this site and use it like I used to. In fact I have not been on since August 25th of 2006 so I have lost touch. If any of you have a suggestion I would love the help. I hope that just admitting the pickle I am in is going to be a help.

I am good at self denial so this is huge for me. I think my husband has just givin up on me getting my weight down. He does not say much but

I know he thinks it. Relationships, that is another entire issue, I know I

have issues with that too. Hoping to hear from any one of you who can identify with me. This is my cry fro help!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Make your house a safe house . Give away all the high calorie stuff.

Stock up on sf fudge bars and sf popsicles. Change your taste buds.

And of course exercise,exercise and exercise. Maybe 7 minute away from your house and 7 minutes back 3 times a day???

good luck

edie

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already made my home food "safe" Sent all my red light foods with my husband. Even the ones I bought today. I do excercise some but could do more. I do deep Water aquacise. 3 times per week. Other days I don't do anything so I will make a pledge to start tomorrow. (Bed time now) I just have to adjust my thinking to be in the right frame of mind. Instead of thinking I can't do it successfully, I need to self talk and say yes, I can do this. I have proven it before and I can again. I need to find a motivated friend too.

Someone who will motivate me to walk and eat right.