Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Homemade Cheese Crisps

Although I am in the pureed stages now, I am able to eat these because as soon as I chew it once, it turns to puree. <--chew with discretion, know yourself!

Homemade <a href=cheese Crisps (After Pic) puree" />

Homemade <a href=cheese Crisps (Before Pic) puree" />

Directions:
Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large oven pan. tear/cut cheese into postage-stamp size pieces and space them at least an inch apart on the parchment paper. Add your favorite spices (black pepper, chopped onions, olives) and bake on 450 for less than five minutes.
Check every minute to see when it puffs up. The moment it does, it will turn brown in the next minute. Grab it and place it in the fridge to cool and preserve the 'bubble'. When it settles, it will be crispy.
Store in the fridge or in the freezer in ziploc bags for a quick snack. It will defrost in less than an hour for traveling Protein.

Sounds delish! Will try! Thank u!

That is really interesting, will have to try it. TY

What kind of cheese are you using? Just wondering what works best :D I love cheese, and these sound right up my alley.

I've made it with many different kinds. Each one will look slightly different, but always predictably Delicious.

I do a similar thing; I make Parmesean cheese Tuile [i think that's how it's spelled].

Baking pan; parchment paper.

I gently toss a bunch of shredded parmesean cheese (maybe 2 cups or slightly less) with whatever herbs I want: fresh parsley flakes, a little pepper, and 1/2 Sweet & Low (optional).

I spread that mixture out on the parchment paper; maybe top with more parsley for color.

Bake in the over slowly, at maybe 350. Keeping an eye on it.

When it turns a golden brown (~15-20 minutes), remove from oven. Let cool some, then break it up into shards.

So it's like Parmesean cheese chips. You get protein; no carbs. Salty flavor. Crunch.

As above, you can store them in a baggie, etc., and snack on them prn (as needed).

You can also put these cheese shards as a garnish for your honey and family and friends. Stick it atop their mashed potatoes, on a salad or whatever.

In which week can we eat these?

I'm in the purees stage now and I'm chewing it - it turns to puree instantly in my mouth.

I get pinto Beans in my pureed stage. May have to make along with my beans so I feel like I get "beans and cheese"