Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a chest infection for the last week and am unable to take the antibiotics due to vomiting, the hospital didn't think there was any link with the infection and recent surgery but I cannot help thinking the vomiting is linked.

Anyone suffered anything similar?

Antibiotics won't do anything for a viral infection anyways.

Not really the point! If its pleurisy which it might be antibiotics will cover an underlying infection, along with anti-inflammatories

True. Antibiotics work on bacterial infections.

Okay people, I went to a world renowned hospital and frankly I trust their doctors more than I do you re antibiotics, also see below :

What Are the Treatments for Pleurisy?

Once the underlying cause of your pleurisy is identified, your doctor will take steps to treat it. Your doctor may administer antibiotics for an infection. In addition to this, your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs or pain medicines to remedy the inflammation. Sometimes, a codeine-based cough Syrup will be prescribed to control a painful cough.

Now can we focus on the vomiting?

First, you seem a little irritated and your tone sucks. Your original post said absolutely nothing about pleurisy. So folks in here answered your question the best the could. Glad you saw a doctor to get appropriate treatment. No one on this site can provide medical advice.

First, you seem a little jrritated and your tone sucks. Your original post said absolutely nothing about pleurisy. So folks in here answered your question the best the could. Glad you saw a doctor to get appropriate treatment. No one on this site can provide medical advice.

Thank you jersrose. My post was in response to the title which specifically stated "viral chest infection". As was everyone else's responses. Can't help it that you provided inaccurate information. If you are receiving care from a world renown hospital and doctors you trust, what are you doing on an internet website seeking medical advice from a bunch of strangers? Looks like you know everything anyways.

Your title & the first post said nothing other then the fact you had a viral chest infection & vomiting so how dare you be so rude to someone who was polite enough to take the time to try to answer in a helpful manner. Next time you should make sure all your info is correct. Being rude like that to people who are not here to be your doctors but to offer help & support is completely inexcusable. It is a sure way to make sure that the next time you write a post noone will take the time to answer. If you do not put all the info up in the beginning, dont expect complete strangers to read your mind & know that what you wrote is not what is the actual culprit.

First, you seem a little jrritated and your tone sucks. Your original post said absolutely nothing about pleurisy. So folks in here answered your question the best the could. Glad you saw a doctor to get appropriate treatment. No one on this site can provide medical advice.

Thank you jersrose. My post was in response to the title which specifically stated "viral chest infection". As was everyone else's responses. Can't help it that you provided inaccurate information. If you are receiving care from a world renown hospital and doctors you trust, what are you doing on an internet website seeking medical advice from a bunch of strangers? Looks like you know everything anyways.

I was specifically asking about the vomiting which I'm wondering is sleeve related, I foolishly though this might be a good place to ask something specifically sleeve related.

I'm not asking for medical advice as clearly one wouldn't from the Internet, nor would I therefore expect to be given advice about medicine over the Internet. I was hoping to see if anyone had suffered something similar, nobody who has responded has responded to e question, but given unsolicited advice about antibiotics which are not the issue.

First post asking for similar circumstances, won't be asking again!

Your title & the first post said nothing other then the fact you had a viral chest infection & vomiting so how dare you be so rude to someone who was polite enough to take the time to try to answer in a helpful manner. Next time you should make sure all your info is correct. Being rude like that to people who are not here to be your doctors but to offer help & support is completely inexcusable. It is a sure way to make sure that the next time you write a post noone will take the time to answer. If you do not put all the info up in the beginning, dont expect complete strangers to read your mind & know that what you wrote is not what is the actual culprit.

Nobody has actually offered any help or support, and my post is ALL the information, the antibiotics are a side issue as i cannot actually take them due to the vomiting which is what I'm asking about.

Thanks for your response, which is unfailing helpful

no idea when your surgery was, but antibiotics can cause vomiting.

you should speak with your doctor regarding vomiting after either stomach surgery or antibiotic use. so, in either case, call your doctor.

I still fail to understand your hostile manner.

lblondon, you're attitude was a little off. I think people do the best to give advice based on how they understand you question. We all should be respectful of how we treat each other. Each of us have endured our challenges and we owe each other respect. lblondon, people are not mind readers, your question was positioned for the responses given. I feel you owe everyone an apology and a thank you.

Also, I believe if we are offended by the OP's responses, we should not start name calling. Let's ALL be respectful!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by fatblasting

The answer to you actual question: NO - apparently no one who has read your posts has experienced a similar situation, and neither have I. My advice would be to do yourself ( and the rest of us) a favor and wait until someone replies that HAS experienced a similar situation and replies with what you want to hear, and kindly ignore the rest of us.