Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers anyone?

I was sleeved on July 7th also! I'm able to drink diet snapple, Water and Powerade zero.. The Gatorade is way to sweet for me now! I tried some cream Soup last night but i don't think I was ready for that..

am thinking on trying the cream Soups today but not sure did it make u feel bad??
make sure you either strain the chunks out or blend it! I'm not sure if I ate to much or if it was just too rich.. I may try it again today. I'm kinda getting sick of the sweetness of everything I've been drinking! I did try chocolate pudding and that was totally fine.

Hi Guys! I hope I can help again. I was told the first few weeks my dr was going to be concerned about my Protein intake. You're swollen inside for a good two weeks and getting anything other than liquids, even the cream Soups, can be difficult. If you fill like you want to try the cream soups....dilute them more than you normally would and don't try to sip more than 1/3c. One way to tell you're getting full or that you are full is you will get the hiccups. I rarely had the hiccups prior to surgery. I get hiccups every time I get full or a little too full. Without the hiccups, sometimes it's hard to tell I'm full...lol.

If the cream soups aren't agreeing with you, don't push it. One thing I did was to open a can of pinto Beans. I took out enough to fill the bottom of the blender, added chicken broth to dilute....it really adds to the flavor as well and you won't need to salt because of the chicken broth. Blend that together....after you hear it in the microwave....add just a tad grated cheese on top. It makes the best bean Soup. If you must, use a baby spoon to eat with. It may sound silly, but it keeps you from taking too big a bite when you're fist getting started. I did better with that than the cream soups, believe it or not and there's not near as much sugar in that as there is in the cream soups. You can also start in yogurts, but make sure you watch the sugar content. I get the Dannon low fat Greek yogurt. It has the least amount of sugar grams per serving than the other brands. If you like the pre-made slim fast drinks, those are great as a liquid and for starting to get any of your Protein. They make a low-carb shake. I'll only drink the chocolate and even at 7 weeks post-op can still only drink about 1/2 of a 6oz bottle. I save the other half for a later meal or snack.< /p>

I may be 7 weeks out, but I'm still pretty much staying away from bread type products. I haven't had bread or soda in 7 weeks. At my 2-week post-op visit, I was told I could begin to have carbonated drinks as long as they were non-caloric. I thought, "GREAT!" I picked up a Coke Zero and a bottled Water for my trip home (2hr drive). I took one sip of the soda and had to throw it out. It was awful tasting. My Dr had mentioned that after surgery there might be things we liked that we would no longer have a taste for and vice versa. Needless to say, prior to surgery I loved my Coke and had one as my caffeine in the mornings but haven't craved or even had withdrawals from not having one. I have found that I can drink a diet cherry limeade from Sonic. I use it as an occasional treat.

If I can stress anything, it would be not to push yourself. You'll get there! I have a friend who's 2 months ahead of me and she's been most helpful. I certainly don't mind helping any of you all with what I've already experience :)

Donna

hey girls :) I am 4 days postop. I have had the worst what I think is spasms from the hernia repair or it might also be just from putting things in the tummy but the spasms are every single time I sip something. radiates thru the chest even to the boobs! ugh...painful. I havnt had the nausea or vomiting just the bad spasms. the surgeon told me it was normal pain after fixing the hernia so Im not for sure exactly what is hurting I am just thinking the whole thing is inflammed. he said I can take gel ibuprofen along with my pain med he has me on. I am also still taking the gas x strips. having issues trying to get all this liquid an Protein in. so I am just doing what I can. as far as soda and caffein I was told never again especially the carbonation bc it will stretch the stomach out an then all of this would have been for nothing. I can say this when Im up walking it sure feels like my guts are going to fall out! haha...Im hanging in there...Im realizing I cant rush the amount I consume. hang in there all doing great! :)

hey Y'all

I am 5 days postop an I have the bad spasms myself did day one. there easing up a tiny bit but still with every sip I no what to expect an it wears me out. I cant get all the Water an Protein down yet bc its soo painful. I didnt have the vomiting just the spasms an no metal taste in mouth. my belly still hurts bad. I was bored yesterday needed to get out of the house so we went to a movie an you no just walking into a seat sit there for about an hr an half then back to car...I hurt alot! by the time I got home I couldnt hardly get into the house I was in so much pain. even that lil bit was too much for my body. so Im in for several wks. needless to say I will be watching my movies here at the house. my surgery was the 8th..yesterday satuday my surgeon called me an chkd up on me that made me feel good. I am going to call monday an get app to see him this wk before he leaves on vacation the following wk. I want to see him not his partner. cant rush things just take day by day. good to hear from everyone! I had lost 11 pds on the wk of shakes preop...when I left the hospital thursday I had gained 8 now I have lost all that I gained from the fluids so now on its extra coming off...feeling emotionally awsome!

I was July 7th also! Five days post op. Would love to have someone to talk to along this journey! Already have many thoughts and questions in my head and no one to discuss with that is close to walking the walk with me! I am a 38 years old, mom, wife, and nurse. Had gastric sleeve on July 7th. Feeling good five days post op. Struggling with drinking enough and getting all my Protein in. Struggling already with family member trying to get me to eat inappropriate foods. Weird question-Anyone else having a metal taste in their mouth constantly? Also I don't think my mind and my new stomach are on the same page yet. Anyway would love to make some July friends!! Cindy

I was July 10. Totally need someone to journey with. I am 40 years old, mom, wife, and administrator in a school system. I am very gurgly and struggling with my intake. I keep crying thinking I shouldn't have done this and I just want to feel normal.

I was July 10. Totally need someone to journey with. I am 40 years old, mom, wife, and administrator in a school system. I am very gurgly and struggling with my intake. I keep crying thinking I shouldn't have done this and I just want to feel normal.

Aww Jessica, cheer up!! there were moments especially on 2nd and 3rd days post-op that I was actually depressed and told the psychiatrist that I might have made a bad decision but he said, this shall pass, you will get better and it will change your life, The med team was really encouraging, they kept telling me that I did good, what I did was very brave.

What you did is very brave, Jessica, it will be better everyday, you will see.

Cheers!!

I was July 7th also! Five days post op. Would love to have someone to talk to along this journey! Already have many thoughts and questions in my head and no one to discuss with that is close to walking the walk with me! I am a 38 years old, mom, wife, and nurse. Had gastric sleeve on July 7th. Feeling good five days post op. Struggling with drinking enough and getting all my Protein in. Struggling already with family member trying to get me to eat inappropriate foods. Weird question-Anyone else having a metal taste in their mouth constantly? Also I don't think my mind and my new stomach are on the same page yet. Anyway would love to make some July friends!! Cindy

Hi, I was also a July 7th sleever. I'm 51 YO & an educator. I have been struggling to get my expected 60 g of protein + 64 fl oz of beverages down. Ugh! I always seem to feel so full. I think that I definitely made the right decision, and I cannot wait to get this party started. I am an older mom of an active boy & a girl.

I hope to be able to get back into shape so that I can resume my once loved Mt biking, skiing & hiking. Enjoy your summer & your journey.

Aww Jessica, cheer up!! there were moments especially on 2nd and 3rd days post-op that I was actually depressed and told the psychiatrist that I might have made a bad decision but he said, this shall pass, you will get better and it will change your life, The med team was really encouraging, they kept telling me that I did good, what I did was very brave.

What you did is very brave, Jessica, it will be better everyday, you will see.

Cheers!!

Wat ur feeling is only natural. I am 6 days postop still having problems getting mine in also. I have had spasms since day 1. This is a brave road we have decided to take. We have been thru all the requirements of classes,drs visits, psych evaluations etc...we are here bc of the benefits outweighs the risk. WLS has come along way. Yea we might experience some complications but can be wrkd thru. That's why it's soo important to keep all postop visits for the next several yrs. We need the professional help an guidance. I was told the first couple of wks to a few months it's concentrated on healing the inside is more important. Sip as much as possible. I'm not far from my bottle at all times. Even before surgery I always carried a drink with me bc I was always need a drink. We just have to get thru the first month..that's wat my surgeon told me. If you can get thru the first month you have it whipped! Hang in there...we have this! We did this bc of a better life just ahead. For me this was my last resort with insulin resistance an other health problems if I didn't I was going to end up twice where I was an in bed an confined at home...NO WAY!! I was not goin to allow that to happen. Are we goin to have doubts? You bet. But we no we did this for a better healthly life! Its goin to be a journey an I'm glad I found this tool to help...Hang in there girl! We can do this.:)

One thing that seems to stress everyone out is the Protein intakes, which I don't have the same restriction.

My surgeon only told me to have full liquid (Soup, plain yogurt, fruit juice allowed only in the morning), small 4 meals on the fix hours and 1 litre of Water.

He didn't give me any supplementary diet, no Protein powder, no Vitamin, he told me to eat natural real food only.

I would suggest you that if it's really difficult to consume your Protein intakes, don't have to be too stressful about it, you still have a long way to go after this stage.

Hello Everyone!

My procedure was July 2 and things are going OK, except I'm hungry much more frequently than I imagined I would be. broth, Soups, teas, and Jello are barely doing the trick. I can get about 9 oz of my Protein drink in and it takes close to 1 hour. I go back for my post op appt with the surgeon on 7/17. I'll be curious what his scale says in comparision to mine.

My initial healing was kind of slow, I managed to walk around my neighborhood for a few minutes and my treadmill too. Yesterday was my first full normal walk - 1 mile that usually takes me 27 minutes took 45 minutes yesterday. I'm OK with that, and realize my body has been through a major change.

Looking forward to sharing information with everyone!

Hello Everyone! My procedure was July 2 and things are going OK, except I'm hungry much more frequently than I imagined I would be. broth, Soups, teas, and Jello are barely doing the trick. I can get about 9 oz of my Protein drink in and it takes close to 1 hour. I go back for my post op appt with the surgeon on 7/17. I'll be curious what his scale says in comparision to mine. My initial healing was kind of slow, I managed to walk around my neighborhood for a few minutes and my treadmill too. Yesterday was my first full normal walk - 1 mile that usually takes me 27 minutes took 45 minutes yesterday. I'm OK with that, and realize my body has been through a major change. Looking forward to sharing information with everyone!

Hi, are you sure it's not your mind playing the hunger game with you? while I was still on IV I was not hungry or thirsty but I felt a bit weird like I was hungry at the hours that I usually had my meals.

I guess that's why my surgeon told me to eat at the same hours for every meal and eat slowly 45 minutes minimum for each meal up to 1 hours and stop, wait 15 minutes to drink my Water and stop drinking Water 20 minutes before the next meal. I'm not really hungry at all time but my low energy level told me to get some food for the body so I feel satisfied with my every full-liquid tiny meal. The 1 litre of water seems to be more difficult but I try to sip it all day (15 minutes after meal).

I've been losing 1-2 lbs per day, I'm still pretty weak but tomorrow I think I'll try to walk around my neighbourhood a little, hope I can meet the 1 month goal of my surgeon in time. (15-25 lbs).