Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm experiencing only what I can guess is restless body syndrome. If that's such a thing. It's not my legs either. Mostly torso/back/arms.

First it was just at night. Now it's all day and night. I literally feeling like I'm crawling out of my skin. It's just a terrible sensation. Like I could just freak out inside!

Anyone feeling this? Or know anything?

Have you had surgery yet? If yes, how long ago, and which surgery?

Have you ever had this feeling before?

How long have you had this feeling? Was the onset sudden, or gradual?

Are you on any new medications?

Sorry, I should have included more info.

Sleeved 6/11/14. Only on protonix and my Vitamins.

Never had this happen in the past. Only heard of the restless leg syndrome. But this is my whole upper body.

I feel like I could jump out of my skin. Just AWFUL. Started just a few nights ago. I don't see my doctor until July 14. I actually had to start taking my emergency Xanax today to calm my nerves. Afraid I'll have to take Zquil to sleep during the night.

It's SO bizarre.

I think you should call your surgeon and/or your primary care doc tomorrow first thing. Whichever one can see you soonest is the one to go with. And when you are seen by one or the other, please remind that doc to keep the other doc informed.

In the meanwhile try hard to figure out what could be causing it - write down ANYthing that's new in your life that could be causing this or contributing to it. Any new food, new type of Vitamins, new detergent, new job, new pet, new living situation ... ANYthing that has changed that is even remotely within the time frame that includes the new symptom(s). Think outside the box - include everything you can possibly think of.

Best wishes, and Please keep us posted!

Have your Iron levels checked as well...anemia can cause it as well.

Shel

Having had RLS for years, I have read during my research that it can occur or happen in other parts of the body than the legs. Since that did not apply to me I did not pay much attention to it. You might consider researching outside of a bariatric theme, as it may be unrelated. But I have no idea...

I too, would suggest following up with your Dr's. It is a very irritating condition.

PS In my case, my meds work much better in prevention, than stopping once it has begun, but I'm sure your doctors will advise.

Best of luck!

Yes I did experience this a few times after my surgery

I couldn't believe it when I read your post!

It is the worst most uncomfortable feeling!

I experienced 2-3 episodes of it on separate nights

I don't know what caused it or how it stopped

All I know is I haven't had an episode in quite a while

My surgery was May 6th

I'm experiencing only what I can guess is restless body syndrome. If that's such a thing. It's not my legs either. Mostly torso/back/arms.

First it was just at night. Now it's all day and night. I literally feeling like I'm crawling out of my skin. It's just a terrible sensation. Like I could just freak out inside!

Anyone feeling this? Or know anything?

Yes there is absolutly such a thing. I've had it for the past couple years and I haven't even been sleeved yet. Tell your doc and they will probably check your electrolytes and or give you something like neurotin/lyrica. I've read that benadryl at night can help too so maybe u can ask your doc about that if you don't want to take a stronger med. I really hope it's temporary for you, good luck

I tried a Benadryl...nothing. Added Zquil, nothing. The only thing that seems to help is Xanax. Which I HATE taking.

I do plan on informing my doctor this Monday, July 14th and I hope there's a solution.

I will add, I took the Iron supplement suggestion. I do believe I've been Iron deficient majority of my life. I ate cream of wheat the other morning. Which gave me the most energy I've had, since being sleeve. That night was much better. I bought an iron supplement the next day. I took one this morning and just crossing my fingers that this does the trick. It really is the most awful feeling I've ever had. This added stress doesn't help I'm sure.

Surprised to hear I'm not totally alone!

Yes! I had surgery in December. Started having symptoms or RLS. Well it was my legs, thighs, arms all over. Couldn't sleep at all. Ended up having my doctor prescribe me small dose of Valium. Also started taking Glucosomine ( over the counter for bones anf joints). This really seemed to help after about 2 weeks of taking it

Yes! I had surgery in December. Started having symptoms or RLS. Well it was my legs, thighs, arms all over. Couldn't sleep at all. Ended up having my doctor prescribe me small dose of Valium. Also started taking Glucosomine ( over the counter for bones anf joints). This really seemed to help after about 2 weeks of taking it

Are you still taking Valium on a regular basis or did it dissipate after a while??? Hopefully my doctor has heard of this before, with all these responses. I didn't want him to think I'm a nut!

@Fostepussycat, no I took the Valium for only about 3 weeks. it did just dissipate. But I still take the Glucosomine which you can get from any Vitamin area of a store for about $6.

@Fostepussycat, no I took the Valium for only about 3 weeks. it did just dissipate. But I still take the Glucosomine which you can get from any Vitamin area of a store for about $6.

Thank you for the input! So helpful!

I tried a Benadryl...nothing. Added Zquil, nothing. The only thing that seems to help is Xanax. Which I HATE taking.

I do plan on informing my doctor this Monday, July 14th and I hope there's a solution.

I will add, I took the Iron supplement suggestion. I do believe I've been Iron deficient majority of my life. I ate cream of wheat the other morning. Which gave me the most energy I've had, since being sleeve. That night was much better. I bought an iron supplement the next day. I took one this morning and just crossing my fingers that this does the trick. It really is the most awful feeling I've ever had. This added stress doesn't help I'm sure.

Surprised to hear I'm not totally alone!

Yeah the benadryl didn't work for me either (but I had to suggest it). Ive also tried benzos too (and agreed that I HATE them so I know how desperate you have to be to take them), vicodin, Electrolyte drinks, Vitamins, etc... I did not try the offered neurotin/lyrica as they both have a high chance of weight gain (as well as the fact my step father had been on it before and it made him...weird).

I'm eager to know what your doctor suggests since mine seemed to be pretty useless about it, pls keep us updated.