Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think I may be too tight

I had been at 2cc in my 4cc band. I had restriction but wasnt really losing and felt I could eat too much so I went back for a fill. He found 1.8 cc in my band and filled me up to 2.2. I did the liquids then the mushies, I had trouble with mushies so I went back to liquids for another day and a half. Now I can do some mushies in the evening, (applesause, yogurt) but cottage cheese is a bit too much. I really cant to anything all day till about 6-7pm except Water and thin Protein Shakes. I attempted to eat some broiled fish tonight and I am sliming after 2 bites. But at the 2cc or 1.8 I guess I was restricted I would eat it would get "stuck" slightly but if I waited 15 minutes it would go down and I could eat-- too much! It has been a little over a week since the fill and I am not sure if I should get a slight unfill or what. I am over my time- I only 7 days to get it adjusted then I have to pay $75. again! I forgot! I may just stick this out for a month or so and try and speed up my slow loss. It will probably loosen up dont ya think???????

I had been at 2cc in my 4cc band. I had restriction but wasnt really losing and felt I could eat too much so I went back for a fill. He found 1.8 cc in my band and filled me up to 2.2. I did the liquids then the mushies, I had trouble with mushies so I went back to liquids for another day and a half. Now I can do some mushies in the evening, (applesause, yogurt) but cottage cheese is a bit too much. I really cant to anything all day till about 6-7pm except Water and thin Protein shakes. I attempted to eat some broiled fish tonight and I am sliming after 2 bites. But at the 2cc or 1.8 I guess I was restricted I would eat it would get "stuck" slightly but if I waited 15 minutes it would go down and I could eat-- too much! It has been a little over a week since the fill and I am not sure if I should get a slight unfill or what. I am over my time- I only 7 days to get it adjusted then I have to pay $75. again! I forgot! I may just stick this out for a month or so and try and speed up my slow loss. It will probably loosen up dont ya think???????

Keep in mind, some people (many people) don't really feel what the restriction will be for two full weeks. You might be tighter or the other way around.

Also, people that are too tight tend to gain weight, not lose. It's great at first because folks usually stick to a liquid Protein diet. But it doesn't take long before they cave and start drinking their calories.

If you are too tight you may also slip. Just be very careful. Even removing 0.2ml might not be a bad idea if this continues.

If your eating slow and chewing at least 30 times per bite and this still happens I would say your too tight. I know exactly what your going through. I have the 9.75cm band that holds 4cc's to and I'm at 3cc's now. For the first 2 weeks I couldn't eat anything solid and almost went in for a slight unfill but right now I can eat chicken, about 1/2 cup or so if I chew chew chew chew chew.

It sounds like you are most definitely too tight, I would suggest getting the unfill. Believe me, I was too tight back in January. I let it go for a week. I couldn't even get liquids down. I ended up getting dehydrated and slipped my band. My doctor took all my fill out for quite a while. In March, I got another fill and again it was too much. I went back after only 3 days, but had pb'd so much that it slipped again and I have been unfilled ever since. I am going in for a fill under floro on Thursday, and to hopefully get the good news that my band is back in place and everything is ok. Please, don't wait too long and end up getting dehydrated, being on iv's and having a slipped band. The added weight loss is not worth it. And like the other poster said, I lost 9 pounds in one week when I was overfilled, but gained it all back as soon as the fill came out.

if you can not eat solids, you are too tight PERIOD! The band was designed to always be able to eat healthy solids, refer to your inamed handbook . may think they will lose by not eating or only eating mushy or liquids, not always the case. Being too tight can result in may bad things for you and your band.if you say you were at 1.8 and went to 2.2 go back down to 2 you will be amazed at the difference in having as little as .2cc's removed still giving you restrictio nbut yet still lose weight. Also one thing for me was I just did not get restriction from the fill level in my band but also from the foods I ate.

Why do you want to speed up your slow loss? This is not a race. I would never wait to see if it would loosen up..think what you are doing to your body, health and band in the meantime. Be a smart bandster, be wise cal lyour doctor, have a little removed because the 75 you think you are saving by not going back in will be a heck of alot less then the ER bil lyou wil lget if you do not go in and you become dehydrated, reflux, your band slips. Trust me I know what I am talking about here, and I know any of the old timers who read this will agree with me. I eroded and I was the perfect bandster, never too tight, never took NSAIDS, never abused my band, I followed ALL of the rules so if can happen to any of us.

I eroded and I was the perfect bandster, never too tight, never took NSAIDS, never abused my band, I followed ALL of the rules so if can happen to any of us.

I've been meaning to PM you but forgot. I'm really interested in your erosion.

Would you mind telling us a little about your symptoms? How did you come to know there was a problem? If you did think there was a problem did you assume you were too tight? A slip? I just don't know a huge amount about erosion and I'm interested in learning.

Basically I know what it is, how to diagose it with an endoscopy, and how they haven't identified a specific reason it happens. Other than that I know very little.

Thx

I too had a too tight fill, was at 1.8 went to 2.1, dr had wanted to stay at 2.0 but nooooo I was being greedy. I stayed at 2.1 for one year and boy did I suffer. Night reflux, had to sleep propped up, constant pb's and I didn't lose any weight because I was drinking all my calories. I decided to start walking in sept and lost 25 lbs in 4 months but I also realized I needed to sleep better. Went in and got an unfil of .1, boy did it make a huge difference.

I'm so glad I did hurt myself or my band because of my stupidity. Get a slight unfil.

Ana

if you can not eat solids, you are too tight PERIOD! The band was designed to always be able to eat healthy solids, refer to your inamed handbook . may think they will lose by not eating or only eating mushy or liquids, not always the case. Being too tight can result in may bad things for you and your band.if you say you were at 1.8 and went to 2.2 go back down to 2 you will be amazed at the difference in having as little as .2cc's removed still giving you restrictio nbut yet still lose weight. Also one thing for me was I just did not get restriction from the fill level in my band but also from the foods I ate.

Why do you want to speed up your slow loss? This is not a race. I would never wait to see if it would loosen up..think what you are doing to your body, health and band in the meantime. Be a smart bandster, be wise cal lyour doctor, have a little removed because the 75 you think you are saving by not going back in will be a heck of alot less then the ER bil lyou wil lget if you do not go in and you become dehydrated, reflux, your band slips. Trust me I know what I am talking about here, and I know any of the old timers who read this will agree with me. I eroded and I was the perfect bandster, never too tight, never took NSAIDS, never abused my band, I followed ALL of the rules so if can happen to any of us.

I couldn't agree with you more Michelle, it never pays to be too tight.

I have tightened up after 3-4 weeks after my fills too.

Be safe, go get a small amount taken out.

How did you come to know there was a problem? If you did think there was a problem did you assume you were too tight? A slip?

I had zero symptoms, I was losing weight, I was not too tight. Things were going great. I was just going in for a routine endoscopy. My Dr. reccomends and endoscopy 18-24 motnhs post op. This is where my erosion was detected. Many who have eroded that I know had no symptoms, this is why it is so important to have an endoscopy 18-24 months post op regardless

I had zero symptoms, I was losing weight, I was not too tight. Things were going great. I was just going in for a routine endoscopy. My Dr. reccomends and endoscopy 18-24 motnhs post op. This is where my erosion was detected. Many who have eroded that I know had no symptoms, this is why it is so important to have an endoscopy 18-24 months post op regardless

Spooky. At least erosion is rare. :straight

Did you reach goal? Have you been able to maintain your weight loss?

Sorry this happened to you. What was recovery like after that kind of stomach repair?

Well I am not getting dehydrated I am still able to get Water down, slowly. Actually I think it is getting better. I was able to get some chicken vegetable Soup down for breakfast/lunch today. I am just going very very slow. 1/2 over an hour or so. I am very well versed in the symptoms of dehydration. (I am a nurse) I have no reflux or anything like that. Just sliming if I was eating solids except later in the evening.

I know it is not a race, but I am only losing like 2-3 lbs a month, when I should be able to do that in a week or 2. I am very insulin resistant, so it makes it very hard to lose. I am just going to stick with the Protein Shakes and it solids for dinner for another week since it seems to be improving if it is not better in a week I am going to go get a slight unfill! Thanks alot everyone

Jill...

Keep in mind that lots of people can't eat much during the day. They have to stick to liquids during the day and solids in the evening. Not sure that is the best way to do it but some docs do fills with this in mind. They think it is okay to be tight during the day and eat solids in the evening. I *think* (could be wrong) but I think it was Dr. C who said he doesn't have a problem with this.

Be verrrrry careful with canned chicken Soup. Often times the chicken is over cooked and dry. That will easily stick.