Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all....hoping some of you can help me here as both my medical team & I are stumped by what's been going on with me lately. I have been experiencing nausea & vomiting in the mornings when I wake up. Without being too terribly gross, it's either bile or saliva that I am getting sick on. I take a Zofran afterwards and typically feel better a couple hours later. I'm getting my fluids, Proteins and Vitamins in post morning vomit. MD checked labs and EKG all normal. Had a crummy holiday weekend because I felt ill. Next step since still having symptoms is to have an ultrasound of abdomen to see what's going on. It's been 5 weeks since surgery. It's so bad, I decided to pull back from solid foods and go back to softs to see if it made a difference. Supposed to go back to work next week. I can't imagine doing that with how I feel now every morning.

Has anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance!

You sound exactly like me, however my nausea and vomiting lasted about 7 weeks, totally horrible and the utmost regret. My surgeon had no idea what to do, he changed my meds, did a scope everything looked normal. He said sometimes we get a chemical imbalance in the brain which can cause the nausea - told him i am not mad...... The only thing that fixed it for me was motion sickness tablets. Apparently zofran works on the stomach directly where as motion sickness tablets work on the brain. Best thing i ever did!! When you feel so crummy you willl try anything and in my case it worked :) Hope you get some relief soon.

I am 2 months out and experience nausea on a daily basis and it drives me nuts. I am on Zofran and Reglan for the nausea in addition to Prevacid, nothing really seems to work. I might have to try the motion sickness tablets.....thanks for the suggestion.

I am having the same problem, I am almost six weeks out and am so sick to my stomach all day everyday it is ridiculous! I am consuming almost nothing because I feel so terrible. I am at the point right now where I am really regretting having surgery I feel so awful!

I know how you all feel but rest assured it does get better. I regretted my decision for weeks and then after taking the motion sickness tablets for a couple of days I got up one morning and felt 80% better. It took me about 4 mths to start feeling better although some days I still wake up feeling blah but it's way better. I am now 6 mths post op and have been nausea free for 2 mths and don't regret my decision half as much. Feel free to contact me anytime, this surely isn't easy but together we can help each other :)

I totally regret having this surgery based on my nausea and ill feelings daily. What kind of motion sickness pills did you take and do they make you sleepy?

I generally took them of an evening as I was going to bed cause my nausea started no sooner I opened my eyes in the morning. I would try whatever is accessible - just go and speak to the pharmacist. The regret will go as soon as the nausea settles down, i was in tears every day with it but it does get better. I still have days of ill feeling but its easy tolerated - my dr told me that things really don't settle down and get better for 6-12 mths after surgery. Some people are lucky no issues, but for us it will just make us stronger :)

I only have nausea when I try to eat, 2-3 bites and I'm done eating! Even with Protein Shakes. Clear Liquids & Soup are ok. How long can u live on clear liquids? :( 3weeks post-op

I know how you all feel but rest assured it does get better. I regretted my decision for weeks and then after taking the motion sickness tablets for a couple of days I got up one morning and felt 80% better. It took me about 4 mths to start feeling better although some days I still wake up feeling blah but it's way better. I am now 6 mths post op and have been nausea free for 2 mths and don't regret my decision half as much. Feel free to contact me anytime, this surely isn't easy but together we can help each other :)

Oh my gosh. I have been crying, upset, and regretting this surgery for the past week or so. Unfortunately my family doesn't get it. This is terrible. I just don't feel right or like myself. It's so discouraging. I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and I'm afraid I'll get sick at work.

Are you taking Dramamine or is it a prescription motion sickness pill?. At this point, if you told me to stand on my and hold my breathe, I would. I'm willing to try anything in the name of feeling better. I had an abdominal ultrasound today to make sure it wasn't my gall bladder. I know it's not. That would be too easy. I'll ask my doc about the motion sickness pills.

Thanks for the help and to everyone else who responded. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I generally took them of an evening as I was going to bed cause my nausea started no sooner I opened my eyes in the morning. I would try whatever is accessible - just go and speak to the pharmacist. The regret will go as soon as the nausea settles down, i was in tears every day with it but it does get better. I still have days of ill feeling but its easy tolerated - my dr told me that things really don't settle down and get better for 6-12 mths after surgery. Some people are lucky no issues, but for us it will just make us stronger :)

There are days when I want to slap those that say they have no issues, feel great and love the life with a new sleeve. Lol. I know they mean no harm and I am happy for them...but wish I had that just a little.

I decided to pull myself back to the soft/ puréed foods for a little longer and see if that helps too and slowly introduce solids in time. I'm hoping you are right unhappy about it getting better soon. Fingers crossed.

I have thrown up so much the last 2 weeks that the back of my tongue is raw! It's definitely a mental thing because the moment I think of taking my daily meds the bile starts gurgling and my brain starts swimming. I would really be interested in knowing what people are taking to get over the mental nausea because otherwise I might never get over the buyers remorse!

I have thrown up so much the last 2 weeks that the back of my tongue is raw! It's definitely a mental thing because the moment I think of taking my daily meds the bile starts gurgling and my brain starts swimming. I would really be interested in knowing what people are taking to get over the mental nausea because otherwise I might never get over the buyers remorse!

Have you tried crushing your meds or putting them in apple sauce or pudding? Maybe that would help. Distract you from thinking you are taking meds and eating a treat instead?

Just an update... Ultrasound shows I have gall stones and sludge. Maybe the reason/cause of my morning vomiting. So I made a few changes. 1) went back to the soft diet again with a little bit of solids and do that slowly. 2) taking Prilosec twice daily. 3) at night I was doing a Protein shake as my last meal, maybe it was too much liquid and processed too quickly leaving the leave to empty for so long. So I tried cheese last. And 4) I took a zofran first thing this morning, waited about an hour before I took any other medicines. It seemed to work for today. No vomiting. Yay!!

As for the gall stones, we are just going to wait and see. Since I have no pain, doc is not ready to send me back to surgery for removal just yet. Hopefully, this will be not a problem. Right now I can't afford this set back with work and all. I'm going back to work on Monday and just pray this all works itself out. Fingers crossed.

More happy that I didn't sick this morning! Thanks for the support and information.

To those getting sick too...I hope we all get better and things resolve for us. Hang in there