Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all my May Sleevers?

How's everyone doing? Getting in your H2o, Protein, walking and dealing with random stalls?

I just returned from vacation in Aruba and it was great but the eating part sucked! There was so much good food that my family enjoyed. I'd have two bites and have to run to the bathroom to throw up. I know I was eating too fast, I'm sure but it was so hard. All the waiters kept asking if everything was ok. I hadn't weighed myself for the week and I was walking so much that I was sure I'd get home and find that I lost 10lbs. Wrong! I gained a lb! Guess I wasn't eating enough.

Even now that I'm home, I'm finding it hard to keep my dinner down. Anyone else having this problem at 7 weeks out?

No problems keeping it in, although I do tend to get nauseous quite a bit (still working on pacing myself and chewing thoroughly). I have trouble wanting to eat though. Sometimes it's like I'm forcing myself to eat because I know I have to rather than because I'm hungry or getting signals that I need to eat.

I hope your sickness eases off. Maybe call the doctor if you're having trouble keeping things down?

I am little queezy but not bad. Did you have fun on your trip? I wish I could go on a trip.

I finally stopped throwing up 3 weeks ago. Feel bad for you that you had to endure not feeling that well on your vacation. The weight gain could be Fluid retention from flying too. I usually swell up like a balloon on flights over 3 hours! I

too am suffering from quite a bit of a queazy feelings after drinking anything. And for first time in my life I have been experiencing heart burn but mostly when I drink plain Water?!? Odd

Overall though, I feel GREAT. Down 26lbs since surgery, now that my calories are between 800-1000 /day the weight is moving much quicker. Started up with my Pilates instructor for the first time since surgery and she was shocked. Said I looked like I lost half of me! I love her! She's probably exaggerating - but it was sure nice to hear.

I have a brand new wardrobe weekly it seems. All of the beautiful clothes that I have bought over the past few years only to never wear them or rarely wear them do to my ever increasing size. Only now, I can wear them and some I've only worn once or twice and they are falling off now - what a tremendous journey.

I hope everyone is doing well too!

Sorry about your issues I hope they get better. I'm doing good so far finally hit my 200 lb mark down from 235:)

I still throw up regularly and like you I believe it's because of the pace at which I'm eating. I'm still just trucking along ... almost 2 months out and 35 lbs down. Working really hard to be okay with the weight I've lost. Happy day May surgeries!

I'm sorry you had to be so uncomfortable on your vacation. You make me realize how lucky I am. I haven't tried any non-program foods (except I have eaten raw vegetables when it's supposedly too early), but everything I have eaten so far has gone down fine. I'm only uncomfortable if I eat too much.

I hope in a few weeks you will be the same.

5 1/2 weeks out and 23 pounds down from surgery but it seems slow. Can I get to 'onederland' by Aug 20? Not if I don't lose a bit faster. I'm doing everything I can but my age and metabolism might be working against me. I'll just be slow and steady and hit my goal eventually. Stepping up my exercise now to try and lose faster. Still just eating Protein and avoiding as many carbs as possible except for an occasional small bite of watermelon.

It's good to get to know you all going through the same types of struggles.

I am may 30 doing ok just stay hungry all the time

I was sleeved on 5/28, an in down 33 lbs! It has been an amazing journey so far, an can't wait for the more to come;)

Still having hard time getting Protein in but I recently heard about click espresso drink, and ordered online. So looking forward to try it!

NSV

Since being released from hospital I Went from a size 22 to a 16! This is so amazing an I'm glad I didn't back out of doing this;)

Good luck everyone:)

SW 290

CW 257

I was sleeved on may 6th and and nauseous to this day! Unbearable some days. Doctor's say I am an unusual case being nauseous for so long, but I am seeing on here that I am not the only one. I am down 42 pounds since the surgery. Hardly ever hungry and just eat because I have too, often regretting it, because I end up feeling sick afterwards. I am on Zofran, Prevacid and Reglan, none really seem to get rid of the nausea. Getting depressed, regretting having the surgery done.

May 14th sleever here. For some reason the stomach spasms have returned, and i'm having a hard time drinking Water. it causes spasms and makes me nauseated. i dread taking my Vitamins because those really make me want to puke.

i'm down 35lbs in 8 weeks, and i'm shopping in my own closet which is great. i eat about 600-800 calories a day, and have about 60 grams of Protein a day.

It is so weird now that food doesn't have the same meaning it did before the surgery. I don't eat for enjoyment anymore. I only eat because i have to. The weekends are hard because family and friends always go out to eat and i could care less because i can only have like 3 bites of something, and then it makes me feel sick. my 15 month old and i will split a meal and still have leftovers. at least i'm a cheap date.

Sounds like we're all struggling a bit with the changes but the good news is we're all losing which is what we did this for in the first place.

Good luck everyone and keep in touch:)

I have been blessed in that I have not had any nausea & vomiting. I got a little queasy at times but I would drink UNJURY's chicken broth. I am glad I had this surgery. Yesterday I started pulling out winter clothes I won't be able to wear when cold weather hits. Sure made a dent in my closet. :) I have clothes put away that I can now wear. Yay

@njkelly...Sorry your having nausea! Sleeved 5/27 I experience nausea when I eat to fast , so I've slowed down. Tummy has got upset a few times and I just resort back to purée or liquids to calm it down. Find drinking when laying down too can make me nauseated too.. So sip sip during day and walk walk walk!!! Goal 10,000 steps daily. Hang in there!

Edited by Monte0828