Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals?!

I'm one of those people who has told a few friends and relatives about my band, but I'm not an "out" bandster at work -- or at least I didn't think I was, until a co-worker asked me what my goals were for the "mysterious surgery" I underwent in August.

Well, I've been thinking. Of course I want to be healthier, look better, etc. I'm not a goal-oriented sort, but I came up with a couple of others:

1. To weigh less than any of my brothers for the first time since birth.

2. To be able to buy clothes in a "regular" store and department, and not have to pay the women's-size premium when ordering through a catalog. (Notice how petite sizes don't cost any LESS than misses.)

3. To have my arse stop moving when I stop walking.

4. To be able to keep up with my nieces and nephew without having to take a nap.

5. To have my driver's license weight be inaccurate, because it's too high.

That's all for now... time for a walk. What are your goals?

Zoe, I am laughing at some of your goals, too cute:D

1. To be able to eat the same stuff a normal person eats

(I think I have eaten a salad for lunch for the last 1 1/2 years)

2. To stand longer than a half hour without my legs and feet

hurting.

3. To buy clothes in a regular size.

4. To not look around to see if anyone else in the room is

heavier than me.

5. To be able not to use the "diet" word anymore.

6. To feel good about myself and be healthy.

That's some of them anyway, I could probably write a book. lol

This is a good idea. :)

1. To have my driver's license be accurate, and then over (I think I lied in the first place :D)

2. To shop in a normal store.

3. Also to not look around to make sure there are other heavy people around me.

4. To feel comfortable in a swimsuit. I love scuba diving, and I do it once a year with my family, but I always wear a big shirt until the last minute, and I have one of those suits with the skirt thing on it.

5. I don't know if 'normal' people have this problem so this may be an unfair goal; but after a few hours at an amusement part, or someplace where I am on my feet, they start killing me... I'd like that to go away :D

And this isn't realy a goal, but I'm very much looking forward to the NSV's that people talk about. They sound so fun :D

Oh yes, swimsuits! How could I forget? At 47, with abdominal and back scars from three surgeries, my bikini days are long past no matter what shape I become -- but I agree about wearing a normal suit without being self-conscious. No skirts allowed!

I like this stuff. Makes me think, real hard.

1. To drive without compromising between my distance from the pedals, and my belly's proximity to the steering wheel. "Let's see now, if I move it back here, I can still almost reach the brake and I think I can turn the wheel without getting friction burns on my gut."

2. To sit at a booth in a restaurant again.

3. To ride a bicycle without worrying about having it extracted.

4. To pee standing up. Ya can't aim what ya can't see.

5. I wanna lay on the beach and not be afraid they're going to call GreenPeace to drag me back in the Water and save me. Well, just to be able to go there and not get stared at.

6. To go anywhere and not get stared at.

7. To tie my shoes, and have it be no big deal.

8. To never hear "You're not THAT fat" again.

9. To never hear "Have you EVER tried to diet?" again.

10. To be free of the need to wonder if I'm fatter than every heavy person I see.

11. To feel like my sweetie's hero again.

12. To feel desireable again.

13. To shop at Wal-Mart for clothes. That stuff from the catalogs is twice the price, and half the quality.

Stop it, everyone, you're making me laugh! And cry a little at the same time. Whippledaddy's wonderful list reminded me: to be able to sit in a tourist-class airplane seat without having to lift the armrest, and also not to have strangers wince when they realize that I'm seated next to them.

This is a great thread

To have my ski boots fit without cutting off my circulation and causing extreme pain.

To not be the last one up the hill (or anywhere) when hiking with my family

To be able to fit into women's regular sized wet suits when scuba diving

To not be the heaviest person in the room at family functions

To be one of the 'hot' moms on the sidelines at my son's football and baseball games - I'm tired of being the fat mom

Ryan, I have tears LOL

Goal: All summer I've watch everyone ski off the boat... It's fall now. I can still do this....I can!

Swimsuits???

No skirts allowed!

YAY! I have a whole list on my webpage but one that I forgot is to be able to fit into calf or knee length boots. I dream of scuba diving. I want to ride a horse one day, in fact it is one of my rewards - at 180lbs I am rewarding myself with a Jillaroo course - 5 days of riding, mustering crutching-all those fun things I would never have been able to do.

I loved reading your goals you guys:)

To be able to completely cross my legs and be comfortable about it.

To be able to tie my shoes w/o turning red in the face.

To even think about trying on a swim suit. (Haven't in years.) Actually wear it and get in a pool? Still out on that one. LOL

To be able to wear real jeans and still be able to breathe.

To be able to rollerskate again (and not fear crushing someone if I fell on top of them!)

I love this growing list. Let's check in with each other in another six months and see how we're all doing. I'm getting a little closer to my first goal, because not only am I dropping a few pounds, the bros are all gaining!

If I ever get the chance to be banded, here are my goals:

1. To be able to play soccer and other sports with my children again, without getting winded or needing a nap shortly afterwards.

2. To be able to get up in the morning without pain from the excess weight and just to have ENERGY again!

3. Get my kennel business up and running, after we sell this house. Pray for me, packing and trying to get things in order has been very difficult, with all of this weight on me.

4. To just be myself again. Since I've gained this weight, I don't have any confidence in myself with certain things, and am constantly aware of how big I am compared to others. I want to be able to jump on my trampoline again, without fearing I will break it. So many things that my weight restricts me from doing.......

To even think about trying on a swim suit. (Haven't in years.) Actually wear it and get in a pool? Still out on that one. LOL

)

Just make sure it fits! Otherwise, you might be flashing everyone around like I did at Lisa's!! :)