Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goals?!

Bumping for newbies -- and for a quick update. It's been a year since I started this thread, and I've actually met some of the goals.

1. To weigh less than any of my brothers for the first time since birth. YES!

2. To be able to buy clothes in a "regular" store and department, and not have to pay the women's-size premium when ordering through a catalog. (Notice how petite sizes don't cost any LESS than misses.)YES! But I still like Lane Bryant trousers since they fit my big behind and come in tall sizes.

3. To have my arse stop moving when I stop walking. Not yet. Probably never!

4. To be able to keep up with my nieces and nephew without having to take a nap. YES!

5. To have my driver's license weight be inaccurate, because it's too high. Not yet. But now it's at least plausible -- a mere 19 pounds off instead of 92.

6. To be able to sit in a tourist-class airplane seat without having to lift the armrest YES! and also not to have strangers wince when they realize that I'm seated next to them.No comment!

New bandsters, please be patient with yourselves, no matter how hard it seems. Change does happen. Check out Vinesqueen's wonderful list of NSVs for great insights on achieving success with your band.

1. To be able to comfortably sit on my boyfriends lap without causing him permanent nerve damage from circulation being cut off.

2. To have my boyfriend be able to carry me.

3. To try swinging from the ceiling fan when in the bedroom with my man :P LOL - not really, but you get the idea.

4. To get in and out of my low-riding 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro without feeling like I have to roll out of it and to have my seat belt fit better so it doesn't always twist around.

5. To not be out of breath from walking the dog a few blocks.

6. To be able to look down and see my "chachee" and "giblets"

7. To not have my thighs rub together so loud I can actually hear it sometimes! Not to have only the thighs rub out of my jeans - sometimes I swear I could start a fire if I walk to fast.

8. To be able to sit comforably in concert seats - to be less self-conscious of myself when out in public when seeing cute skinny women barely clothed.

9. I too would like to go horseback riding with my boyfriend.

Great thread!

1. To be healthy for my kids and hubby.

2. To be able to go to the amusement park and not worry about the size of the seat and whether or not I will fit in it!

3. To not get all the medical problems that run in my family!

4. To get on the back of my hubby's motorcycle and my belly not hit his back!

5. To not shop at Lane Bryant anymore!

6. To feel better about the way I look.

The list could go on and on and on!

Serious goals:

I'd like to be fit enough to play soccer with my daughter.

I want to fit in any seat without worrying.

I want to be able to shop in "normal" stores.

I want to look better naked than I do clothed.

Fun goals:

I want to be able to wear a slinky evening gown and look good.

I want to be healthy and fit enough to do some serious hiking/backpacking in the rockies.

I want to raft the Colorado river and be able to hike into the side canyons.

I want to go horseback riding regularly with my daughter.

I want to be able to Water ski and scuba dive.

I want to look so good I make my man's head swivel around.

I want to look so good that old friends don't recognize me.

I want to look into the mirror and see the girl I know has always been waiting for me there and be able to say, "the chick in the yellow sweater is back"

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hi

This is a great thread. Let's see....

Like so many have already said, I would like to not have the horrible foot pain.

I would like to be able to walk in Dollywood without thinking I will have a heart attack and die

Bending over would be thrilling.

To get married to my sweetie in a normal size dress

To stop using my CPAP machine

No more pills is my goal! Crushing them is horrible and I HATE taking them

To be able to walk up and down the stairs without thinking I will have a medical emergency

No more Diabetes and needles for me

To be proud of the way I look for the rest of my life

So here's the updates on my goals that I posted when Zoe first started this thread:

1. To have my driver's license be accurate, and then over (I think I lied in the first place :D) Yes!!! It's even 5 lbs too high now!

2. To shop in a normal store. I'm SO close to this...

3. Also to not look around to make sure there are other heavy people around me. I still do this, but I think it's more me trying to compare myself to other people to see what size I really am, if that makes any sense...

4. To feel comfortable in a swimsuit. I love scuba diving, and I do it once a year with my family, but I always wear a big shirt until the last minute, and I have one of those suits with the skirt thing on it. I have a swimsuit now with NO skirt. I wouldn't say that I'm 'comfortable' in it yet, but I'm gettin there...

5. I don't know if 'normal' people have this problem so this may be an unfair goal; but after a few hours at an amusement part, or someplace where I am on my feet, they start killing me... I'd like that to go away Haven't had a chance to try this one yet, lol...

And some new goals:

6. I'd like to be a 14 or a 12 for my sisters wedding in April. It's been a while that I was the biggest female member of my family, and I'd like that to not be true anymore... publicly. (Yes, it's all about vanity here.)

7. To be even smaller for my own wedding. I don't have a date yet, and it's likely to be about a year after my sister's wedding, so this is totally doable.

8. To buy an anklet and NOT need to add a few links to the chain.

9. Someone else mentioned using a regular women's size wetsuit for diving. I can't even imagine that, lol.

I think that's cool for now. :)

Hard to keep a small number of goals here, but here it is:

1. To have the energy to keep up with my kids and for my daughter to never be embarrased in front of her friends, because of my weight.

2. To be healthier and more kind to my body.

3. To be able to put on a slinky dress and shoes that will knock my hubbies black socks off!

Those are just a few and some of ya'lls brought tears to my eyes, because I felt the same way about every single one of them...well, except to pee standing up...never really had the desire to do that. ;-)

other than the usuals I really want to have to size my wedding ring and possibly upgrade it when I hit my goal weight.

I also want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.

I'm another one that compares myself to every heavy person around me. I get a sick pride that I'm not that fat yet - and if one of my heavy friends (or my husband) goes ona diet I get a weird panicky feeling that they will get thinner than me. I'd like to stop that but truth be told I dont think that body consciousness will go away, I'll just be comparing myself to smaller people probably.

I want to stop being completely and utterly exhausted by 3 in the afternoon. I used to be such a houseproud person now with 3 kids I literally just cannot keep up with it. Living in a dirty house just depresses me and affects my outlook on everything. Not that it's a hovel or a pigsty but just not up to my standards.

Shopping in a normal store, oh wow that would be great. Well I'll admit I havent even waited, I'm not even banded and I've spent almost a thousand dollars on stuff that doesnt fit me of recent months. I need to save some of the shopping for later.

Not thinking about bloody food all day everyday.

Soooo many things to list.

1) To finally be skinny- I have been FAT since i was born

2) To wear a bathing suit without covering up

3) To run around with my neices without passing out for no air

4) To wear a regular Halloween costume

5) To walk around and have people stare at me because i look good and not because i am the fattest girl in the room

6) to FINALLY be PROUD of myself

7) To make family members Jealous

8) To FINALLY have a real relationship wthat special GUY (whoever he is)

9) TO LIVE LIFE HOW I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE!

Kristen

Some of you may think I am silly for my goals as many of you have said I wasn't big in the first place, but I think that we are only as big as we feel on the inside. I assume this thread is for everyone at every stage of weight psychosis and loss. Here are some fears/goals I would like to achieve.

1. To not wonder if the chair will break if I sit on it.

2. Feel comfortable having my husband pick me up.

3. Be more self confident so that I am not depressed ever

4. Not have to unbutton my pants while I drive to be more comfortable

5. Feel comfortable in front of my husband naked with the lights on (and maybe even intimate with lights on)

6. Wear shorts and not be self conscious about my legs jiggling as I walk

7. Be able to look at someone size 5 and not constantly think "man, I wish I looked like that"

8. Not have any rubbing pain from my ballistic vest rubbing on my back fat

9. Not own any items of clothing in the double digits at all

10. Not be self conscious so much around a camera or video camera

I want to add one more. I want to do one of those Nascar Race packages where they let you drive the car and race around the track, but to do that you have to be able to fit your ass through the window to get in. That's something I'd love to do when I hit goal.

I have almost done it all,because of my weight loss.......The fat days could not fit on a ride at admusement park,so my son had to go by him self! or to fat to fit on another ride. your stomach hits the table before you sit down.

my goal was to get healthy and I, did that,and to open my eyes and see that I was Fat,not big boned Fat!

I walked around my town with my shirt off! that was big time for me, seems funny but if I was doing yard work and some body even drove by I,d run for the house......not no more.let it hang out.

the only two thing,s I have left are to get a six pack of ab,s...by working out!

and to keep my weight off!

take care,and hope that in time you all will meet your weight loss goals!

Great goals, everyone. Sarah, I love that you are now lighter than your driver's license weight! Now THAT is something we can all dream about. And, Jenna, it doesn't matter what size you were. I remember once thinking that I would love to weigh what you did pre-band. . . then I realized that there were lots of bandsters out there who would love to be my high weight of 273, and I got over myself. We're all fighting the same battle here, so everyone's welcome!