Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first holiday since weight loss surgery.......

And it went fantastic. The menu was hot dogs and hamburgers with potato salad. Watermelon and cantaloupe for dessert. The host was so sweet, I asked where the chips were so I could put them on the kid's plates I was preparing. The answer? I didn't get any because I didn't want it to be a difficult thing for you.

How awesome is that!!??

Since the grill was being used I brought some seasoned chicken kabobs and zucchini yellow squash and green pepper kabobs. It went so well and I feel fantastic.

How was everyone else's holiday?

mine was good, but i'm only 11 days out and still on full liquids. our town does a big fireworks on the lake so hubs and i watched it from our yard. no food involved, he made some sandwiches and chips for himself and i had my usual creamed Soup for dinner!

I'm on full liquids. We didn't do anything. I'll be so glad when I get to the soft food stage. Right now I feel totally isolated and anti-social which is depressing. It will help when I go back to work next week. I'm also hosting a birthday party next month. I know this is all temporary, I'll just be glad to get back to "normal" as I'm too extroverted to sit around doing nothing.

Mine was good. We went biking. I rode the 18 mile trail and I wasn't even that tired afterwards. We went out to dinner with family at a BBQ place so that was easy. Just split a plate with my husband. We are doing a cookout tonight and I'm a little more leery of that. I just picked a bunch of veggies from my garden to grill so at least I know I'll have that to eat.

This 4th of July I pigged out! Cup of coffee with cream first thing; 1/2 egg with turkey, mushrooms and cheese for breakfast; margarita for mid morning snack; pulled BBQ beef, baked Beans and peas for lunch; 24oz Protein drink for afternoon snack. (After my nap;) ) 1/2 hamburger (no bun) with Tomato, onion, pickle and lettuce, baked Beans, quinoa salad, and chips for dinner, and a bite of apple pie for dessert. Also managed to drink a liter of Water and a big glass of unsweetened iced tea in between. Good thing I'm not stepping on a scale till next Friday!

Edited by Kindle

I'm on full liquids. We didn't do anything. I'll be so glad when I get to the soft food stage. Right now I feel totally isolated and anti-social which is depressing. It will help when I go back to work next week. I'm also hosting a birthday party next month. I know this is all temporary, I'll just be glad to get back to "normal" as I'm too extroverted to sit around doing nothing.

I went through Christmas AND New Years on full liquids. I still went to the parties, just sipped sipped sipped my Protein Shakes. It was the first New Years Day I've not woken up with a hangover since 1986. Bonus!

I had my lap band done Dec 13, 2011, so I was on liquids /smushies all through the holidays. As long as I stayed full on the protien shakes, Soup broth, Jello etc I did'nt even miss the holiday food. The weight started dropping off right away, so it made it easy to stick to the program. Good luck to all !