Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping, Farting, Pooping. OMG who am I?

I don't recognize my post-op body. I mean, I just deposited my Breakfast with a vengeance, before I was able to finish my lunch. Is this a temporary plumbing recalibration?

I have found this to be the new me. Bless my hubby - the man really loves me because some of the smells that come out of me could clear rooms.

I have found a wonderful pill called Devrom that helps with the smell!

post-187341-0-24575100-1404536851_thumb.jpg

Hahaha I absolutely love the description. Deoderant for internal use. Lol

Yall should try PooPourri too. Its a spray you spritz in the toilet before you go.

I have found this to be the new me. Bless my hubby - the man really loves me because some of the smells that come out of me could clear rooms.

It's hard for me too go I get depressed and result to enemas at this point I'm wondering if I made a mistake guys don't cry but this one often does at times I hate life and pray it gets better I'm one month out and the only reason I continue is my family if not for them I would just give up I know things would get better we'll I pray they do I love food ,however at this point it hates me sometimes I feel alone in this ,however my wife has always been there for me and some time I feel she would be better off without me I'm ready for God to take me however it's his choice where not sure how long I'm going to last but I will not let my son and wife be without me there the only reason I am fighting the urge to go on so plz help with some support God knows I need it and yes I'm to shy to attend support meetings in person perhaps life might be easier without me at times I feel my family would be better off then I relizecmy son looking at me and my struggles and I want cc him to be a fighter even when things go wrong so I'll do wat I need to be their for him and my wife however I know it won't be easy thanks for reading.

@@RSM 79 Do you feel that the burp/potty issues are the prime suspect for all these complex emotions?

@@RSM 79 I am so sorry you are feeling down. You are only one month out and need to realize you've only just had surgery and your body is adjusting to all the changes. Please don't give up. Your son needs you, now and in the future. Your wife and son WILL NOT be better off without you. Please take each day one at time and if need be one hour at a time. It will get better. You can do this. Promise me you will keep trying. Call your doctor and tell how you are feeling.

In the mean time, start a topic of your own and you will receive lots of support. I believe in you and am praying for you. Email me any time. I will be watching for your topic. Share on this forum and get some support. Hugs.

Joy

@@RSM 79 I am so sorry you are feeling down. You are only one month out and need to realize you've only just had surgery and your body is adjusting to all the changes. Please don't give up. Your son needs you, now and in the future. Your wife and son WILL NOT be better off without you. Please take each day one at time and if need be one hour at a time. It will get better. You can do this. Promise me you will keep trying. Call your doctor and tell how you are feeling.

In the mean time, start a topic of your own and you will receive lots of support. I believe in you and am praying for you. Email me any time. I will be watching for your topic. Share on this forum and get some support. Hugs.

Joy

Thank you and I promise I won't give up I will stick with it and I'm still trying to get the hang off this site so as I explore I'll try and create a new topic thanks again for the encouraging words take care and God bless and by for now, Richard

It's hard for me too go I get depressed and result to enemas at this point I'm wondering if I made a mistake guys don't cry but this one often does at times I hate life and pray it gets better I'm one month out and the only reason I continue is my family if not for them I would just give up I know things would get better we'll I pray they do I love food ,however at this point it hates me sometimes I feel alone in this ,however my wife has always been there for me and some time I feel she would be better off without me I'm ready for God to take me however it's his choice where not sure how long I'm going to last but I will not let my son and wife be without me there the only reason I am fighting the urge to go on so plz help with some support God knows I need it and yes I'm to shy to attend support meetings in person perhaps life might be easier without me at times I feel my family would be better off then I relizecmy son looking at me and my struggles and I want cc him to be a fighter even when things go wrong so I'll do wat I need to be their for him and my wife however I know it won't be easy thanks for reading.

Richard,You are 110% normal right now. He is a break down of the stages I went through. Stage :1 - what the hell did I do - all I want is a damn slice of pizza. 2 - first stall - usually hits around the first month - people usually freak out a little during this stage. No it does not mean you have failedNo it does not mean you are done losing weightNo it does not mean you are a failure3 - what the hell did I do stage - again4 - stage 3 is closely followed by raging hormones. You feel like you are a pubescent teenager. Crying at everything and feeling in the mood for a little "fun" ten minutes later. Please be careful during this stage as we become very fertile. 5 - finally hit your groove. Once you survive all those stages in the first 6 weeks you realize you got this and can get through everything! I am 2 years post op and trust me this journey is worth every struggle, hard time, nauseous, throwing up day that you go through. I have my life back. food no longer controls my every waking hour. I love life right now, and wished I had done this many years ago. Finally talk to your wife. Tell her your feelings and thoughts and worries. She loves you and is there in your corner fighting next to you. If you ever have questions you can also send me a personal message. Keep your chin up and keep fighting!!!

@@music1618 Tell me please how long those lasted for you. I am frightened. I have been a physical mess my whole life. I am SO not looking forward to trading that for being an emotional mess. I want to give my social worker friends the heads up, so they can let me know when I'm being cranky. I doubt I'd be able to tell.

<p>@@music1618 Tell me please how long those lasted for you. I am frightened. I have been a physical mess my whole life. I am SO not looking forward to trading that for being an emotional mess. I want to give my social worker friends the heads up, so they can let me know when I'm being cranky. I doubt I'd be able to tell. </p>

I think it is different for everyone, because of the amounts of weight we have to lose. Remember when you lose weight your fat cells release hormones. As they release hormones we become emotional! I remember being emotional for several months as my body really got the hang of things. The first month was the hardest and it tapered off after that.

I am mainly experienced 'highs' only. I am worried. I get hyperactive and super-excited from small milestones (like being cleared for full liquids). I was hyperactive after my first yogurt. My friends are tired of my euphoria for mundane stuff.

<p>I am mainly experienced 'highs' only. I am worried. I get hyperactive and super-excited from small milestones (like being cleared for full liquids). I was hyperactive after my first yogurt. My friends are tired of my euphoria for mundane stuff. </p>

That is just part of your new life. I still get really excited about things as well. It is just like a toddler discovering new things in life. You and your new stomach are discovering new things. Celebrate every milestone you want no matter how big or small. Your friends will start to see the new you and be happy for you!