Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery this morning went well.

I had surgery this morning and all went well. I was there 3.5 hours and home by noon. I have been really tired, but the pain is minimum. I don't know if I will feel it tomorrow but so far I haven't needed any pain meds. It just might kick me tomorrow, you know how you do yard work and feel sore the next day? No gas pain yet? I am not comfortable lying down though. I sleep better sitting up. I walked for 15 minutes and feel just fine. Not hungry, just been trying to drink Water and sf drinks. Now I am off to feed some feral cats I care for (tnr). Have a nice evening everyone! Oh, and I lost 20 pounds on pre-op diet! Yeah!!

My cat doesn't like your ID picture :P

Edited by 2muchfun

Congrats and welcome to the other side !!! I felt a little tired and worn out the first 2 days, but much better on the 3rd day. Daily hot tea and a hot shower helped alot , along with walking and liquids. Hope you do well ! Happy 4th of July !

Thank you pinky. You have a nice 4th of July also.

Glad everything is going smoothly for you and hoping it stays that way. My date is July 24th & I'm scared off and on.

Great job with the pre-op. I only had a weeks notice. I should have focused more on trying to loose months ago. Not really knowing if my ins. would approve the surgey. But reality is Mon is the big day. Hope each day gets better for you. Happy 4th.

Congratulations on your surgery and way to rock the pre-op. For the first time in a long history of dieting, I knew the weight I was losing was never coming back. Here's to Independence from obesity and choosing health!

CS

ounds great. Tommorrow is my day. I will be staying overnight. Just hoping for minimal pain.

Congratulations on your surgery! Praying for a speedy recover. If you don't have a heat pad and an ice pack get them! Send someone for them after you get home. Take your meds, no shame in that! Eat lots of popsycles will help with the swelling. I'm not quite 2 weeks post op. My a week I felt great. The worst was the gas pain. Its all worth it!

Welcome to banderland!!!!

Thanks guys!

Your welcome! And congrats again. Keep us updated. Rest and take care of yourself!

Yay..congrats!! But keep in mind if u do feel pain and bloating it will all go away... I felt like it would never go away and thought what did I do to myself..but now I feel great.. it will all pass...congrats again :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches